You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3-barrel bluff, 50NL...

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Any merits in this line, Villain has been playing ABC nothing out of the ordinary, Hero has been playing TAG style, what can we get to fold that calls the flop? River brings an Ace we shove!! is this a really good card to bluff with?? what are we trying to represent? you'r thoughts please

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
... Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £90.53
HeroBig blind  £0.50 £0.75 £80.03
 Your hole cards
  • k

....Fold     
... Fold     
.Fold     
Villain Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £61.67
..Fold     
HeroCall  £1.00 £3.25 £79.03
Flop

• J

HeroCheck     
VillainBet  £2.50 £5.75 £59.17
HeroRaise  £6.00 £11.75 £73.03
VillainCall  £3.50 £15.25 £55.67
Turn

HeroBet  £11.00 £26.25 £62.03
Villain Call  £11.00 £37.25 £44.67
River

• A

Hero All-in  £62.03 £99.28 £0.00

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Once that second bullet is fired is so hard not to empty the clip, not sure its right to.

As long a we do same strong we can write off a loss :P
  • edited April 2012
    Why check raise that flop, I dont get it.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: 3-barrel bluff, 50NL...:
    Why check raise that flop, I dont get it.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Agree with this, can't really see what were trying to rep here. Don't think our opponent is going to fold many made hands on the turn, as a big part of your range after C/R that flop is a complete airball. However, I think the river works out well and the shove is fine.
  • edited April 2012
    dont c/r flop

berreling fine imo, esp on that river. Dont see what else you can do once you c/r flop
  • edited April 2012
    So in this particular hand i am villain, and hero is not a bad player but just a knob ;), I had stick for this hand for quite a bit, and he seen this thread and was bombarded yet with more farce-ity, yes it was very funny.

My thinking was simple, its not like i am going to give my game away, but when he c/r the flop it really did look like he was making a move, so i make the call on that assumption, turn helps my hand really, i make a somewhat marginal call on the turn on a gut instinct, it was close, i ruled out jx ,and with a big A im sure he would 3-bet pre, a set is possible but so much air in his range i actually feel im ahead, on the river he insta-shoves. Potential i could have called the turn with flush draw after floating the flop, he did not seem bothered with the board texture, so when he jams it looks so bluffy, for me air was huge part of his range, because if he rivered a flush he may be more inclined to value bet it, jamming a set is plausible but what is he trying to get called with? so i call.....please scrutinize
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    .Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £90.53
    VillainBig blind  £0.50 £0.75 £80.03
     Your hole cards
    • A

....Fold     
    ...Fold     
    .. Fold     
    WHOAMI196 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £61.67
    .Fold     
    VillainCall  £1.00 £3.25 £79.03
    Flop

• J

VillainCheck     
    WHOAMI196 Bet  £2.50 £5.75 £59.17
    VillainRaise  £6.00 £11.75 £73.03
    WHOAMI196 Call  £3.50 £15.25 £55.67
    Turn

VillainBet  £11.00 £26.25 £62.03
    WHOAMI196 Call  £11.00 £37.25 £44.67
    River

• A

VillainAll-in  £62.03 £99.28 £0.00
    WHOAMI196 All-in  £44.67 £143.95 £0.00
    VillainUnmatched bet  £17.36 £126.59 £17.36
    villainShow
    • K
    • Q

WHOAMI196 Show
    • A

WHOAMI196 Win Pair of Aces £124.79  £124.79
  • edited April 2012
    Lol, that hand is awesome.
  • edited April 2012
    Snigger fish :P nh m8 wp
  • edited April 2012
    i dont like the way you played the flop, turn or river :)

people are not always making moves on you and this play will work so rarely its ridiculous.  even if you know villain has air there is an awful lot of air that is still beating you.

don't over complicate things fold flop and move on.
  • edited April 2012
    don't over complicate things fold flop and move on.
    Posted by huuuuume
    no im ok thanks
  • edited April 2012
    nice calldown

whats plan on blank river?
  • edited April 2012
    nice calldown whats plan on blank river?
    Posted by grantorino
    +1 ?

What you going to do when the ace doesn't hit?

Close your eyes and call all in with Ace high? A7 at that.
  • edited April 2012
    nice calldown whats plan on blank river?
    Posted by grantorino
    Depending on villains actions really, i think if he checked he would either give up his air, or has a hand with showdown value, if he bet 2/3, i would be in a tougher spot i think, but when he shoves makes it the more polarised edging closer to being a bluff imo.

I have brought most of my roll over to sky, so will be playing here more now, i have been playing tight feeling out the players tbh getting reads etc i have stacked off and lost simmilar hand to above so not really a brag post, mainly wanted to show villains line, as mine is kinda bad in a vacume and would not make a good thread.
  • edited April 2012
    I have brought most of my roll over to sky, so will be playing here more now, i have been playing tight feeling out the players tbh getting reads etcPosted by WHOAMI196
    It's poo moving to a new site isn't it lol. I lost a fair bit for a while too (and still do ;) )
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: 3-barrel bluff, 50NL... : no im ok thanks
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    ok....continue to call down for 100bbs everytime you get A7 suited. good luck
  • edited April 2012
    Think huuuuuume has a valid point that this will be a losing call in the long run but hey, YOU were at the table and YOU had the reads so nice call.

I've been an avid reader of your posts and think you talk a lot of sense about the game so am glad you've brought your roll over to Sky.

Looking forward to many more action posts!!!

GL
  • edited April 2012
    Think huuuuuume has a valid point that this will be a losing call in the long run but hey, YOU were at the table and YOU had the reads so nice call. I've been an avid reader of your posts and think you talk a lot of sense about the game so am glad you've brought your roll over to Sky. Looking forward to many more action posts!!! GL
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Cheers m8, i agree with what huuume is saying in essence don't get me wrong!, but not necessarily with the bit i highlighted, see you at the tables m8, be nice ;).