You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***POST POKER CLINIC HANDS FOR LIVE SHOW 26TH APRIL HERE***

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All,

Please post your hands to be analysed on this thread if you would like us to view them on Thursday nights Poker Clinic at 8pm. All comments/feedback are welcome on all the hands that are posted.

VERY IMPORTANT!
We can only show hands from tables or tournaments with a TV icon next to them.
We also need you to tell us straight off which tournament or table the hand is from, as the hand i.d. on its own takes too long for our team to find.

All the best

TV Team

Comments

• edited April 2012

Would really like this hand from the 2.20pm £2.20 deepstack tournament on Wednessday the 18th of April. Not sure if thats allowed i requested it on the show thread the other day and was told it would be shown but wasnt. :(.

The reason im asking for this hand to be shown as these are spots im particularly weak in. Ive consistantly made mistakes in these kind of hands. And against a good player like my opponent here i believe it costs me value.

Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    £1500 mini open

Hand History #509504107 (21:00 22/04/2012)

How bad is my logic here??!!

In a nutshell I believe the 2 limpers are hoping to take out the BB who is short at circa 10bbs so could be playing a wider range. I raise although accept out of position and multi handed (was looking for an all in from bb and at least one other to fold leaving 3 in hand at worst). BB folds!! 2 limpers call but not thinking the flop helps either caller so C bet. 1 folds and I get re-raised. Committed at this point so all in expecting to see a decent pocket pair which I could have taken on the chin. When I see K8 i'm over the moon until the river!

Accepting it was probably an error that I played AJ out of postion in a 3 way pot was the rest of the play ok??

Would a call in sb been acceptable here or should I have been folding?
  • edited April 2012
    Mini Open Sunday night starting 8.15pm

Hand History #509492387 (20:43 22/04/2012)

Was fearful of straight after turn or possible house after river card. General feedback about getting more value please. Probably remembered times when I have shoved on turn and got called by A10!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: ***POST POKER CLINIC HANDS FOR LIVE SHOW 26TH APRIL HERE***:
    #507530757 Would really like this hand from the 2.20pm £2.20 deepstack tournament on Wednessday the 18th of April. Not sure if thats allowed i requested it on the show thread the other day and was told it would be shown but wasnt. :(. The reason im asking for this hand to be shown as these are spots im particularly weak in. Ive consistantly made mistakes in these kind of hands. And against a good player like my opponent here i believe it costs me value. Thanks
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi The_Don90,

Unfortunately since this was not a TV table, we're not able to show it.  Apologies if it was indicated that we would.  We do try and show as many requested hands as possible, but they do have to be from a TV table.  If you'd like to play some TV tables in order to send your requests in and have them analysed, we'll be more than happy to include them in the show where we can.

Many thanks,
    The Sky Poker TV Team
  • edited April 2012
    Come along then chaps, more hand requests please!!!

And feel free to comment on each others hands here too - post the hand along with the hand ID and table/tournament it was from along with your question.  If it's a table with a TV icon, we will do our best to show it on the LIVE SHOW tomorrow.

Thanks,
    The Sky Poker TV Team
  • edited April 2012
    Hi just kinda interested to know what my opo had here, I dont make a habit of raising with a hand like this normally but the table was playing very passive and there was alot of limp/call/folding going on so decided to charge them.
    I actually put him on some sort of small pocket pair and was at one point thinking he had hit a full house and i was beat because any aggression from this player normally means he has a massive hand.

He is one of the tightest players at this level and i was suprised to see him playing back at me in this spot.

Also wondering after he checks river am i being too greedy by pushing all in and would i be better off betting smaller if i am putting him on some sort of small pocket pair to try and get a call once he has shown weakness ?

TYIA Daz

Hand id : 508069123  mastercash 3 19/04/2012.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi.

Another hand for you.

Only been playing poker for about a month now and MTTs even less but seem to be running into this same problem in MTTs late stages and not sure what i should be doing here can you help please ?

4 times now in the last week or so i have went out of the main event in virtually the same situation as the hand i have requested when i have been holding a small to middle pocket pair when first to act and with roughly 10-12 big blinds with around 20 players left in and the big cash just around the corner.

Just wondering should i be shoving here, min raise folding or even folding because i dont know if shoving is bad or if i am just unlucky to be running into hands when so close to the big cash.

The hand i have requested i was in 13th at the time with 16 left

ty

Daz.

Hand id: 510915270  double stack main event. 26/4/2012.
  • edited April 2012
    I think i played this hand horribly advise please.  This is from last nights main event double stack tournament.Hand History #510878082.
    I reraise from the small blind with pocket 9s after 3 people limped in.  The flop comes q64 i decide not to cbet even tho its a nice flop for 9s as opponant had been floating alot..  So i check and he bets i make the call. Check check on the turn. On the river i decide to turn my 9s into a bluff and put him to the test and jam the river  when the king comes off to get him of some queen he may have had.  Dont think i could have played this worse and was dissapointed to go out of the tournament in this way as i had been playing solid throughout the tournament.