You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Never happen again to me i bet but so so umberlivabley unlucky!! :(

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Right after ive slept on it i have finally calmed down and just want to share it. I was playing at DTD last night down Nottingham, top ten got paid out, there was 20 players left and i was playing well, but had just below the average stack and the blinds were so big i needed to push soon. so, i pick up KQs, ahead of me someone with the average stack goes all in so i had to call, as soon as i turned my head round and called the action was on me and the dealer thoguht i had folded me cards. which i obviously didnt so i said that and he gave me them back as he didnt put the in the deck. So assuming ive got the same cards still i called all in and placed my chips over the line, then someone next to me asks did you check to see if your cards are still the same? i thought they would of been but i checked and nope they was different, obviously had got mixed up with the cards of the players that folded in front of me. I said my cards are mixed,Dealer didnt have a clue so torney director came in, we explained it and then he said the hands dead and your chips go to the player that raised all in. i was gutted!! :(

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Unfortunate incident. There was one like that in this years WSOP.. a lady lost a pile of chips when the dealer took her cards in error. I think she had AA too.

• edited November 2009
    yep very, i was so annyed last night but now i have calmed down, i admit i should protect my cards better, but if the dealer had thought i folded surely i shouldnt b aloud to get the cards back? :S, so the dealer didnt do his job properly, if he didd i would never of put the chips in.
  • edited November 2009
    I think this is the reason that a lot of players keep a chip or lucky charm ontop of their cards. 
  • edited November 2009
    yep maybe, and i think form now on i will be doing exactly that!
  • edited November 2009

Yes, you made a mistake (not protecting your cards) & the Dealer made a mistake, in returning them to you. A most un-DTD like Dealer error, if I may say so.

Just shows, everyone can make mistakes.
  • edited November 2009

But THIS worries me much more......

".....20 players left and i was playing well, but had just below the average stack and the blinds were so big i needed to push soon. so, i pick up KQs, ahead of me someone with the average stack goes all in so i had to call,...."

"Push" soon yes, but that's VERY different to Calling!
  • edited November 2009
    stuff like this is always happenin to me it suck but dont give up, ur time will come!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Never happen again to me i bet but so so umberlivabley unlucky!! :(:
    But THIS worries me much more...... ".....20 players left and i was playing well, but had just below the average stack and the blinds were so big i needed to push soon. so, i pick up KQs, ahead of me someone with the average stack goes all in so i had to call,...." "Push" soon yes, but that's VERY different to Calling!
    Posted by Tikay10
    yeah i was just about to question the call! i guess it depends wot average stack size it, if its like a sky crapshoot where av stack is 3-5 bb's then get ur money in, however i'm guessin it prob wasnt!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Never happen again to me i bet but so so umberlivabley unlucky!! :(:
    stuff like this is always happenin to me it suck but dont give up, ur time will come!
    Posted by nirvana29
    this proves you dont even bother reading the threads, just adding one liners for the sake of the freeroll imo
  • edited November 2009
    i couldnt possible have folded KQ with the blinds at 400 and 800, i had around 6k the average stack was about 8 so i really had to call, but that isn't the point, just the whole saituation on the whole was so unlucky, and your right you wouldnt expect a mistake to be made like this at DTD with there highly trained dealers. When i checked my cards after i placed the chips in i should of realised that if i say the cards are mixed i will be out as the hand will be done with, what i should of done is just of said there not mixed and just gone to the showdown with the two cards i had. Obviously honestly here wasn't going to work for me, but at the time you just don't think about it as you dont expect the whole situation to happen like it did.
  • edited November 2009
    simply a human error by the dealer,i hope you wont be holding a grudge,lol
  • edited November 2009
    simply a human error by the dealer,i hope you wont be holding a grudge,lol
    Posted by namesb0nd
    Yep your right but a umberlivable one that i hope to never see again! and rather hard not to lol i wont be giving him the best of looks next time i see him!
  • edited November 2009
    I don't know what could be said to console you, but on a lighter note I am enjoying the word umberlivable immensely
  • edited November 2009
    had this happen to a mate before, he had a bad beat leaving him very short, he went all in, dealer mucked his cards (although he kept his chips) he wud of gone on to hit flush and take a 3 way all in and get back into it
  • edited November 2009
    I think this is the reason that a lot of players play online
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    fyp

sick dude, thats never happened to me, think you did well not to get arrested fwiw.
  • edited November 2009
    How unlucky, i would have been fuming also. Bet the othe player thought christmas had come early. sorry to hear about your misfortune, lets hope Karma brings itback to you one day.
    xx
  • edited November 2009
    Use a card protector - if you are lucky you will get a nice flashy Sky Poker one ;)

UL though and learn from the experience.

BUT like TK said, calling with KQ? hmmmm ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Very unlucky for this to happen. Protecting your cards seem to be first thing to do at a live game.
    I must admit, I would not be calling an all in with K Q, I would wait for a better spot.
  • edited November 2009
    well i will learn from it and always protect my cards from now on! were about do you get a sky poker card protector from mate?

yes i was very very ...... off, just sat at the table for 5 min after them telling me to leave, but then i realised i will just get chucked out or arrested anyway so best leave, i had a long chat to the torney director though. he seemed to think it was some kind of a joke whick ...... me off even more. When you have less than ten BB left and i picked up KQ i was goin all in no matter what but that really isnt the point, like i said before i wish i lied and said the cards werent mixed up.
  • edited November 2009
    out of curiosity, wot cards did u end up with?
  • edited November 2009
    How annoying I did a nice reply and it got erased. Anyway...

I was saying I won the card protector via the forum, so use it well and you never know what may happen!

Also if you don't have a protector just put a chip on top of your cards, just makes sure that the dealer can see your cards are live.

In the WSOP Main Event a French lady had AA and it was mucked by the dealer, when she had not folded and was going to go all in!

Also check your cards before you muck them. Phil Ivey in the WSOP forgot to do this and mucked his hand, when in fact he had a flush and had the hand won. Even the best make errors.
    Take care and all the best at the tables.

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    But THIS worries me much more...... ".....20 players left and i was playing well, but had just below the average stack and the blinds were so big i needed to push soon. so, i pick up KQs, ahead of me someone with the average stack goes all in so i had to call,...." "Push" soon yes, but that's VERY different to Calling!
    Posted by Tikay10
    i was thinking that  ....i dont like q k at the best of times... but still very unlucky to go out the torny the way he did..shockin infact...     the dealer should never have give the cards bak in the first place...
  • edited November 2009
    well i will learn from it and always protect my cards from now on! were about do you get a sky poker card protector from mate? yes i was very very ...... off, just sat at the table for 5 min after them telling me to leave, but then i realised i will just get chucked out or arrested anyway so best leave, i had a long chat to the torney director though. he seemed to think it was some kind of a joke whick ...... me off even more. When you have less than ten BB left and i picked up KQ i was goin all in no matter what but that really isnt the point, like i said before i wish i lied and said the cards werent mixed up.
    Posted by cal69
    i see wat u mean but at the end of the day u did the right thing....i only play internet poker but can imagine haw gutted you must feel..and to be honest you did well to leave wen you did lolol .......you must av been fummin ....i feel gutted for you mate.........g.l in the future .....
  • edited November 2009
    u  was  very  un  lucky   cal  69
  • edited November 2009
    out of curiosity, wot cards did u end up with?
    Posted by borobabe09
    I ended up with Q 8 os, i really should off just said they wasnt mixed but i really didnt think it would end up like it did :(, and yes i was fumming, but end of the day there was nothing i could have done to change it.
  • edited November 2009
    At least you'll never do it again!
  • edited November 2009
    At least you'll never do it again!
    Posted by Hogg321
    If i ever see that same situation again in my life i will be amazed!
  • edited November 2009
    Stuff like this makes me feel glad im sticking to online poker lol, although im sure the dealer online has it in for me too at times ;)