You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU shuffle, turning 10's into a bluff otr?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic

The villain, I know is competent HU (sngs), and isn't a fish, he can fold!

I'd 3b him 2/3 times in the short game so far, and he'd just folded pre.

He knows my HU game fairly well, and knows I'm a winning HU sng player.

I expect him to be playing very abc in the early stages here.

Thoughts on my play throughout the hand?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxSmall blind  20.00 20.00 2250.00
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  40.00 60.00 2690.00
 Your hole cards

xxx Raise  60.00 120.00 2190.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  240.00 360.00 2450.00
xxx Call  200.00 560.00 1990.00
Flop

• A

DOHHHHHHH Check     
xxx Bet  280.00 840.00 1710.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  280.00 1120.00 2170.00
Turn

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Check     
xxx Bet  440.00 1560.00 1270.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  440.00 2000.00 1730.00
River

• J

DOHHHHHHH All-in  1730.00 3730.00 0.00
xxx     

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I really am not sure :(
    What do you expect oppo to lay down ? Only 1 pr hands :S

Your not really repping flush or straight are you, never shoving with these are you :S
    unless oppo just levels himself into a fold here, can't see what oppo folds

• edited April 2012
    not much of a h/u sit-n-go player but heres my 2p worth(dont play em tbh), villains half pot betting(<half pot turn) must be  tell-ing for you given action?, he might have a strong ace wanting you spa-zz out, or firing for thin value suspecting you'r weak? doubt he is bluffing air, but could with a flush draw etc, its rili hard with reads given in you'r op, but he should expect you to c-bet an Ax every time here?.

Anyway i c-bet flop, or with you'r line i prob c/f turn,

ref ur line not sure on the river jam tbh, its really oppo dependant because i think he is rarely bluffing f and t, so you are always trying him to fold a hand that has connected with the board in some ways.

• edited April 2012
    gj on repping jj only?
  • edited April 2012
    Dunno why you've even got to this river with TT, if you think he is bluffing then c/call, if you are calling oop for 35% stack on turn to bluff shove a river which improves villain sometimes and doesnt look like any value hand since you cbet flush draws and any (now) 2 pair combos/sets and which he is only folding SOME one pair hands that beat you and folding his bluffs/snapping with better a very high % of the time, stop it, its needless FPS.

Flat pre (deep oop), cbet flop as played, go with reads after flop (probably c/f).
  • edited April 2012
    I don't cbet an ace here very often, and probably very rarely against this opponent, I'd be looking for value from flush draws only. 

Some loose/passive/fishy players will call 3bets with tonnes of rubbish including 2's and 5's, pocket pairs, all hands that will call my cbet on this flop, so I would cbet against worse players. 

Oppo is more likely to bluff than call with worse on the flop.

The turn is my mistake looking back, I got stubborn because I wouldn't expect him to fire twice as a bluff. 

Having made the turn mistake the river gives me a chance to salvage the hand......

I dunno about this "repping 1 hand only" thing....

It's a £3 game, the opponent is solid/one of the best in the field, but he's not an Ivey-like hand reader, the board's got scary and I reckon he can fold some stuff.

Even if I fold out his bluffs/semi bluffs that have gone ahead of me, thats a good job imo. 

1 day I will post a bluff in the clinic and people wll say wp! 1 DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ty for replies. 
  • edited April 2012
    In a £3 tourney it seems like a lot to ask oppo to fold top pair against you given action. Definitely cant rep a flush.

To me this stems from checking the flop, which i dont understand.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: HU shuffle, turning 10's into a bluff otr?:
    In a £3 tourney it seems like a lot to ask oppo to fold top pair against you given action. Definitely cant rep a flush. To me this stems from checking the flop, which i dont understand.
    Posted by simonnatur
    Well I believe he's checked the flop because he's only ever getting called by Ax (why would he want that) and flush draws. A good player, which he has him down as, is not calling 3bets pre with many hands that have a 2 or a 5 in them. What value can he get from betting the turn apart from flush draws and maybe 7s, 8s, 9s.

It is a tough call on the river with most hands, but then if he knows you quite well, it could well become easier :p

I don't put you on the flush, obv never putting you on 34 or KT for the straight. I don't think there's many Axs that I can lay down here (against you) but you're right that lots of hands that went ahead of you with the Q or J probably fold.
  • edited April 2012
    obv your repping a flush could get ace to fold by your line if i didnt see your hole cards looks like a flush way u have played it check call on flop and check call turn and all in iver i think its a good play i think most aces would fold here
  • edited April 2012

Well he folded J9, so I called twice ahead, and got the bluff thru when I got rivered.

Obv not a line that will work in bigger buy in games then, but I think at this level even against decent micro stakes HU players, they're guna give me credit enough.

Thnx for replies.