You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i know it was lucky,,,,, but who played it wrong?

tikaysleepstack.... on the bubble
themackem Small blind   800.00 800.00 42912.50
SoLack Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 31308.75
  Your hole cards
  • Q

PSYCHOTIC1 Fold        
DrDolittle Fold        
Jal Fold        
glassman60 Fold        
carl1960 Fold        
ctbn Fold        
Glass_Jaw Fold        
themackem Raise   4000.00 6400.00 38912.50
SoLack Raise   9600.00 16000.00 21708.75
themackem Raise   19200.00 35200.00 19712.50
SoLack Call   12800.00 48000.00 8908.75
Flop

themackem All-in   19712.50 67712.50 0.00
SoLack All-in   8908.75 76621.25 0.00
themackem Unmatched bet   10803.75 65817.50 10803.75
themackem Show
  • Q

SoLack Show
  • Q
  • A

Turn

• J

River

• J

themackem Win Flush to the Queen 65817.50   76621.25

please any critism welcome !!!!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Personally after being re-raised by the big blind and by me only adding 4k to the pot i would of folded.

I can't see you doing anything wrong to be fair.
  • edited November 2009
    I would also have folded in that spot, but well done on winning the hand.
  • edited November 2009
    im getting 7/2 just to flat call....... i know hes a tight player and it is the bubble and i have the stack !!!
    only thing i see wrong is that he shouldda reraised more really... i see the flop i still shove when i see spades
  • edited November 2009
    lol insta fold.  SoLack is tight and there is no way in he is ever 3bet/folding from the BB.
  • edited November 2009
    Hard to comment with out seeing ALL the players chip stack 

But 
    SB V BB  1= reraise  = easy fold every time  why risk 75% of your stack just to protect your blinds? Even if you had him tagged as v loose you are way below his range here. What do you think your ahead here?

IMO You asked the Q but never listened to the answer.  You got V=lucky but a bad move
  • edited November 2009
    I watched the hand as I had just gone out hand before.

I think you played like this because you had a decent stack and I respect you greatly a) for raising and b) for not folding to the re-raise.  You made the kind of play I need to learn and master as I keep bubbling or going just before the bubble as I don't get aggressive enough however with my luck on Sky at the moment I would never hit the flush and would have looked a chump!!

I would have folded to the re-raise before the flop especially to SoLack as I know and respect his style of play greatly, I think SoLack overplayed AQ (something I do all the time I must add)

If SoLack has re re raised all in before the flop would you have folded?

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    I would have folded to the re-raise before the flop especially to SoLack as I know and respect his style of play greatly, I think SoLack overplayed AQ (something I do all the time I must add)

errrrrrrr no he didn't.  solacks play is standard,
  • edited November 2009
    the only way solack gets this hand is to reraise me half his stack preflop.......... 

just over bare min reraise prices me in to call and after seeing the flop i shove anyway !!
  • edited November 2009
    results based mentality
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: i know it was lucky,,,,, but who played it wrong?:
    results based mentality
    Posted by scotty77
    This
  • edited November 2009
    You were lucky agreed and a brave play however I can't say much as this is a massive weakness of mine and I get drawn into pots where I should fold, especially from folds to me on the small blind. I agree you should of listened to the reraise - you had alot of chips behind you and could have found better spots to play. He got unlucky as most would have folded after he had reraised believing you were blind stealing which seems quite common on here. A bigger reraise by opponent would poss have got you to lay down.
    As I say I talk better than I act - well done anyway on cashing.
  • edited November 2009
    PS - LOVE THE BET ON THE TURN PERSONALLY - 2 ways of winning
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    well done on winning. The reraise would got me thinking.  Especially on at that stage of the play. would have folded especially with the other player being tight.
  • edited November 2009

The stacks are not deep enough to 4 bet bluff solack he already put 1/3 of his stack in so unless hes terrible hes never folding. Think you got carried away by the fact it was the bubble no need to go crazy hoping that the opposition dont understand the dynamic, who cares about being the bubble nowadays?

• edited November 2009
    brave  call  mackem   with  q5  suited     but the  poker  gods  was  good  to u
  • edited November 2009
    not sure about the re-raise with Q5s

Fortune favours the brave!
  • edited November 2009

Both played it not great, though So-Lack had two opportunities to go all in pre-flop and didn't take either, which was a little shabby.

Equally, themackem got carried away with his bluff raising, so it's marginal as to who played it worse pre-flop.

Post-flop is almost inevitable for both.

• edited November 2009
    tbh, it was terrible from both of you PF.
    Your initial steal is OK, but once he defends you need to ask yourself - does he have a hand or is he re-stealing? Fold or shove. What was with all those min-raises? Surely you weren't trying to reeeeeel him in with Q5!
    And why he left himself with only 9K is just beyond me.

To be generous though, it was the bubble in the sleepstack - you'd both been playing for 8 hours or so by then.