You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Modern Warfare - which format to buy in?

edited November 2009 in The Shed
I'll be getting it for the PS3, I expect a few others may do so after Microsoft banned about 6k from playing online due to playing pirate copies.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    PS3 for sure. I bought a console originally for the kids to play games and for myself and the missus to watch blu-rays. The kids now have that upstairs and we bought another one for the films and games. I never, ever in a billion years thought I'd be the type of bloke to play games but after a year am hooked!
  • edited November 2009
    I have a PS3 so will obviously go for that choice, I can't see their being a whole lot of difference in the look of the game, maybe the multiplayer could differ slightly with Xboxes Live feature, but COD4 multiplayer for was great for me on PS3.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Modern Warfare - which format to buy in?:
    PS3 for sure. I bought a console originally for the kids to play games and for myself and the missus to watch blu-rays. The kids now have that upstairs and we bought another one for the films and games. I never, ever in a billion years thought I'd be the type of bloke to play games but after a year am hooked!
    Posted by booboo69
    XBOX360 FTW!

although ps3 for dvd's and the online feature, for youtube and whatnot is the best!
  • edited November 2009
    I've never had a go on a XBox, are they considered better than a PS3 for games?
  • edited November 2009
    the PS3 has the better spec. when I looked into it about two years ago, the xbox was looking old technology then. My choice was keep upgrading my Alien machine or switch. i decide to switch. Still got the Alien machine and got a new laptop since but PS3 does it for me.  Especially the blu ray. It was also the exuse I used to get an HD TV as I couldn't see the games properly. I was shocked when it worked. Not had guts to try that one again.
  • edited November 2009
    The ps3 probably is better overall... I used to prefer the ps2 to the xbox. Then I got an xbox 360 and got used to that and really enjoyed the whole gamer points thing and being able to play with friends online. The ps3 didnt have that when it came out so although i have a ps3 also i stuck to xbox... however ps3 has now introduced a gamer points system so yeah you probaly are better off getting a ps3, coz yeah you get blu ray and you can access the internet on it.
  • edited November 2009
    The ps3 probably is better overall... I used to prefer the ps2 to the xbox. Then I got an xbox 360 and got used to that and really enjoyed the whole gamer points thing and being able to play with friends online. The ps3 didnt have that when it came out so although i have a ps3 also i stuck to xbox... however ps3 has now introduced a gamer points system so yeah you probaly are better off getting a ps3, coz yeah you get blu ray and you can access the internet on it.
    Posted by ness4
    Thanks Ness4

Went out last night ot local shopping area and saw a great deal for under £300.

New PS3 slim, with 25gb, plus Drake 2 and MW

Will not name the shop but it begins with an Hxx

Best deal I have seen.  Now I need you to tell me how to talk my stubbornwife of 14 years, how to let me try both games. She is insisting on Xmas. It is killing me not telling my 11 year old son, let alone me. I want to play. I may be 40+ but I want to play and I refuse to become an adult.  :-)
  • edited November 2009
    they deserve to be banned for playing pirated copies.I think live has a much friendly community because it isnt filled with pre-pubesant losers on their"messing around" accounts that they can make because its free.
  • edited November 2009
    they deserve to be banned for playing pirated copies.I think live has a much friendly community because it isnt filled with pre-pubesant losers on their"messing around" accounts that they can make because its free.
    Posted by namesb0nd

• edited November 2009
    How's everyone getting on with MW2? I'm on the oil rig level and struggling at the smokey bit! (VETERAN mode obviously)
  • edited November 2009
    Isnt this just basically which is better Xbox 360 or PS3 ? lol
  • edited November 2009
    How's everyone getting on with MW2? I'm on the oil rig level and struggling at the smokey bit! (VETERAN mode obviously)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Only been able to play the game for one night so far, because a friend brought it over... still waiting for it to come back cheap in the shops...

I was doing the special ops missions to get the stars. I like that new section on it!