You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dym misery compounded by this final exit. Should i have realised?

Its ok folks...my bad beats rant is in the appropriate section. Please read it as you'd see why i'd like you to answer two q's here.
1. How do you play JJ in DYM's as all'ins are probably flipping if called. Yes, you may need two strategies for early and late levels when say ,6bb's levels but your opinion would be appreciated.
2. Second q concerns the following hand. This was my final DYM of the night....should i have seen it coming. Maybe my mind wastilted after the previous four bad beats.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancekngcrabSmall blind 10.0010.001980.00profman15Big blind 20.0030.001980.00 Your hole cards8K   SHANXTAFold    JimT99Fold    DontcalRaise 40.0070.001890.00Neelson79Fold    kngcrabCall 30.00100.001950.00profman15Call 20.00120.001960.00Flop  9J7   kngcrabCheck    profman15Check    DontcalBet 80.00200.001810.00kngcrabFold    profman15Call 80.00280.001880.00Turn  A   profman15Check    DontcalBet 140.00420.001670.00profman15Call 140.00560.001740.00River  2   profman15Bet 220.00780.001520.00DontcalAll-in 1670.002450.000.00profman15Call 1450.003900.0070.00profman15Show8K   DontcalShow9A   DontcalWinFlush to the Ace3900.00 3900.00                                                                                                                                                                           <td class="hhamt" style="text-align:right !important;padding-bottom:7px;margin:0px;padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px;font-family:verdana;color:#666666;fo

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Very easy fold pre mate, calling OOP with these hands in DYM's, let alone any format is never going to be profitable imo. 

As played when you call down most times you dont even hit and have to fold having done 260 chips and that's a decent chunk in this type of game where it's all about surviving, NOT winning. 

EDIT : Have a read of JC's DYM blog for an idea of hand ranges early doors ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Wouldn't play this hand after the raise from the villain preflop.
    Probably wouldn't play it all unless i get a free flop in the BB.

JJ is a hand thats looks pretty but a raise will only get called by something better.
    Treat them as medium pocket pairs, proceed with caution.
  • edited April 2012
    DYM's seem to be your bread and butter proffy, do you run a profit over them?
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Dym misery compounded by this final exit. Should i have realised?:
    DYM's seem to be your bread and butter proffy, do you run a profit over them?
    Posted by AMYBR
    Hi Amybr

I've only been playing for less than a year and have found them a good way to learn though i do play MTT's. yes after a faltering start, i am running at a profit w in them with a nicely climbing graph until last night and yes i have read jc's article on DYM's. Maybe after the session i had yesterday(read it in bad beats section called Jacks the Lads or Messi) i may have been tilted by this very last game. I'm having a poor run in MTT's at the mo but i'm learning and enjoying the process. Have you played for long? What do you play? In profit? What would you recommend to further improve/llearn. I've had a couple of forays into cash but feel its a different mindset. I read a lot of books but the pace can be a little confusing. I do usually only play single tables but have played thr DT Forum ...phew...stressfull. Any advice would be gratefully accepted. Cheers.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Dym misery compounded by this final exit. Should i have realised?:
    Very easy fold pre mate, calling OOP with these hands in DYM's, let alone any format is never going to be profitable imo.  As played when you call down most times you dont even hit and have to fold having done 260 chips and that's a decent chunk in this type of game where it's all about surviving, NOT winning.  EDIT : Have a read of JC's DYM blog for an idea of hand ranges early doors ;)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Cheers Dudeskin, Yes ive read JC's article before i started playing DYM's and had got myself nicely into profit after a faltering start. His article was excellent for me as a beginner of less than a year. Maybe i felt tilted after the previous games...read it in Bad beats...god it was sick ...Gl on the tables
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Dym misery compounded by this final exit. Should i have realised? : Hi Amybr I've only been playing for less than a year and have found them a good way to learn though i do play MTT's. yes after a faltering start, i am running at a profit w in them with a nicely climbing graph until last night and yes i have read jc's article on DYM's. Maybe after the session i had yesterday(read it in bad beats section called Jacks the Lads or Messi) i may have been tilted by this very last game. I'm having a poor run in MTT's at the mo but i'm learning and enjoying the process. Have you played for long? What do you play? In profit? What would you recommend to further improve/llearn. I've had a couple of forays into cash but feel its a different mindset. I read a lot of books but the pace can be a little confusing. I do usually only play single tables but have played thr DT Forum ...phew...stressfull. Any advice would be gratefully accepted. Cheers.
    Posted by profman15

TY for concise answer.  Dont know if you know but my housemate is iluv2h8pker who says has played with you alot and says you are pretty good @ dy format.

Am not a huge online player in answer.  When i do play i 6 table 10 & 20$ 6max top 3 seats & MTTs.  I just do not have the patience/dicipline (skill? />?) to play online cash tbh...just constantly level myself.

Know luvvy does well at dym, seems like a good structure in some ways.  Best of luck/skill bud

• edited April 2012
    fold pre

as played fold turn

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Dym misery compounded by this final exit. Should i have realised? : TY for concise answer.  Dont know if you know but my housemate is iluv2h8pker who says has played with you alot and says you are pretty good @ dy format. Am not a huge online player in answer.  When i do play i 6 table 10 & 20$ 6max top 3 seats & MTTs.  I just do not have the patience/dicipline (skill? />?) to play online cash tbh...just constantly level myself. Know luvvy does well at dym, seems like a good structure in some ways.  Best of luck/skill bud
    Posted by AMYBR
    Hi Amybr
      Oh a compliment. I'm chuffed to be honest. Started off with -ve gradient on dym(sharkscope free try) but recently got a +ve gradient going and into profit.
     I can only play single tabes at the moment as multi is stressfull.
      Fun is the key. i sent something to Tikay yesterday about fun and he was gushing over it on tv last night. i eve got a marriage proposal from him!! (not considering it). So i've put a thread up about how to keep fun in the game. I'd appreciate your opinion as well as your housemate as that's what its all about really( yes, money helps too)
    All the best
    Steve aka profman15