You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pacquiao vs Cotto

edited November 2009 in The Shed
I would love to hear peoples predictions from any fight fans on the forum as to who will be victorious in this much anticipated bout.I see sky bet make pacquiao a firm favourite,but in my opinion cotto is no way this much of an underdog.I think cotto is the second most gifted fighter in boxing behind only floyd mayweather.As i said i woild love to hear your views.dav

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Pacquiao will win by knockout by the 8th. I agree cotto is not the underdog in the big way people are saying! but speed will the deciding factors. The fact that manny can throw punches from all kinds of angles just leaves his opponents in a daze, as they find it hard to see which way it's coming from next ..... if indeed they see at all!!!

One thing is for sure we will see how much heart cotto has got thats for sure!!! the bring on mayweather v manny the real fight the world is waiting to see!! can't wait for that one!! but going to enjoy staying to watch this one!!
  • edited November 2009

Thanks mafia,so you think a stoppage for manny,im going the other way as i think manny can be hit fairly easily and cotto defo has his own speed and technically he is extremely gifted

• edited November 2009
    should  be  a  good  fight   but  i  want  to  see him  fight  floyd   mayweather   to  see  who is  the  best  pound  for  pound  on  the  planet
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Pacquiao vs Cotto:
    should  be  a  good  fight   but  i  want  to  see him  fight  floyd   mayweather   to  see  who is  the  best  pound  for  pound  on  the  planet
    Posted by scrumdown
    hi scrumdown,which boxer are you going for then? and i dont think either is in the mayweather class anyway but what a contest that will be,bet that one will be on box office
  • edited November 2009
    knock out victory for manny,then floyd will knock manny out ;)
  • edited November 2009
    looking forward to this one. I fancy an upset and a win for Cotto
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks mafia,so you think a stoppage for manny,im going the other way as i think manny can be hit fairly easily and cotto defo has his own speed and technically he is extremely gifted
    Posted by dav1964
    Your right dave, cotto is quick. but i saw his last fight or one before and hois opponent was really quick an he looked sluggish and baffled by the guy's speed and thats why i think manny will do it as he is 10 x faster than the other guy. Speed = power, just think manny will have to much for him! either way gonna be a corker!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Don't know how much credence my opinion holds as I thought Valuev would beat Haye easily with his superior reach and jab, but I too can't see this being anything other than a stoppage in favour of Pacuiao. Not sure of the odds for that, but almost certainly I can't envisage it going the distance, so a value bet of a Cotto win inside the distance may be the way to go for me anyhow.
  • edited November 2009

Sky odds are for the win inside the distance
    Pacquiao 8/11

I'll have £110 on that and four £5 covering bets on
    Cotto
    Round 6 at 33-1
    Round 7 at 33-1
    Round 8 at 33-1
    Round 9 at 33-1

As we know there are absolutely no such things as bankers in ganbling, but I'm sure this is reasonably safe (cue Cotto to win by KO round 5)

Good luck if you have a bet whichever way you go, either way it's gonna be a great fight.

• edited November 2009
    pacquiao in 4

best of all it's not on Box Office
  • edited November 2009

I'm putting my money on the pac-man for 2 reasons. 1st reason is a pac-man v mayweather fight would generate a heck of a lot of cash and 2nd reason is pac-man's dad is watching him for the 1st time so he'll put on a show.

• edited November 2009
    hi all

really looking forward to this fight too.

i am going for a manny win, but he keeps going up the divisions and i wonder if that will catch up with him eventaually, agains naturally bigger guys.  Cottos record is fantastic but manny has amazinf speed and isnt short of power either.  As has been suggested,  a manny v floyd fight would be some spectacle, and i'd be rooting for manny in that one.

I know the program starts at 2am on saturday night, but does anyone know if that is the time they will be enetering the ring, or will there be a few undercard fights to get through first.  if so, might be better to go to sleep and get up early...
  • edited November 2009
    wouldn't think they'll be on till 3.30-4.00
  • edited November 2009
    yea pacman 2 win by k.o the way he sparked hatton out... 1 of them clean on cotto's chin will have him sorted..
  • edited November 2009
    pacquiao in 4 best of all it's not on Box Office
    Posted by diablo_pez

agreed mate!! a freebie!! should be a corker!! only half an hour to go and it's due to start!! still going with my original prediction of a manny win. Just wondering the way he goes up the divisions, wether we will see a manny v valuev fight lol ;) 
  • edited November 2009
    What a fight!!! but the pacman is in a league of his own that i don't think even mayweather will cope with him!!! it's not just class with manny, it's his electric speed!! and relentlessness!! Cotto looked quite dejected at times, i can't see anyone being able to beat the pacman ;) But hats off to Cotto for his heart of a lion display!

Mayweather next year in what will be the fight of the year for 2010!! i can't wait!!! no doubts he is the poud for pound king! Well done Manny!!!
  • edited November 2009
    One of the best fights I've seen in years.
    How Pacman is able to maintain the speed whilst increasing his power up through the weights is quite astonishing. Cotto looked totally lost at times, and he is an absolutely fantastic fighter in his own right.

Pacman _ mayweather will see pacman victorious I'm sure, can't wait for that!
  • edited November 2009
    This was a really good fight, showcasing all manny's talent, speed and power, while cotto gets full credit for his bravery.  he never gave up, tried to keep the jab going, but manny was simply too quick.
    The only disappointment for me was the timing of the referees stoppage.  If he was going to step in, i think he could have done so a couple of rounds earlier when cotto was in real trouble.  it seemed to me he stopped it a couple of minutes from the end, when Cotto took a couple of decent but not really hurtful punches.

I certainly dont want to see a fighter get seriously hurt in the ring, so I'd rather he stepped in sooner.
  • edited November 2009
    yea manny is the mannnnn...he went 12 rounds with cotto then he goes & sings at a concert for the rest of the night..that mans a machineeeeee watch out mayweather the pacmans comin 4 u..and what a fight its goina be..
  • edited November 2009
    yea manny is the mannnnn...he went 12 rounds with cotto then he goes & sings at a concert for the rest of the night..that mans a machineeeeee watch out mayweather the pacmans comin 4 u..and what a fight its goina be..
    Posted by moonooo
    It will be a CORKER!! but mayweather will win hands down, the man has a superb defence and is a great counter puncher. If this fight does happen, mayweather to KO manny 10th or 11th round ;)
  • edited November 2009
    i agree with u there margatemaf also more skillfull got the speed to match pacman
  • edited November 2009
    it's all down to wether mayweather will want to put that zero on his record - on the line or not. Arum manny's promoter has already started goading him!! so we could have an announcement soon! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Pacquiao v Mayweather....?....Pacquaio on points for me