You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MASTER CASH REPLACING OPEN?

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Live
With the new master cash starting saturday night, does that mean the open will no longer be live. Less live poker is being shown on sky, is there a reason for this. One of the main reasons i play sky poker is so i can watch the tournament as it is being played, not as good without the live poker.

Comments

• edited November 2009

Master Cash will be Live Poker - Cash Poker, instead of Tournament Poker.

But that's just ONE of TWO new Shows planned for every Saturday evening. Details of the other one will be announced soon. Those with keen eyes at the SPT on Manchester would have seen a clue.........
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MASTER CASH REPLACING OPEN?:
    Master Cash will be Live Poker - Cash Poker, instead of Tournament Poker. But that's just ONE of TWO new Shows planned for every Saturday evening. Details of the other one will be announced soon. Those with keen eyes at the SPT on Manchester would have seen a clue.........
    Posted by Tikay10
    would that be poker player i think
    col
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MASTER CASH REPLACING OPEN? : would that be poker player i think col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    No Col!

Good try though.
  • edited November 2009
    The more live poker we get the better, adding cash is a bonus, as a long as we get both and more live stuff.

Make Tikay work an 8 hour day like the rest of us lol
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay is already on a 25 hour day, but he still could put in a few more hours.

The idea of live cash games is a great boost to all players who are still learning the different ways to play the different formats of the game.

A program on live SNG games would also be a good idea for all the new players on the site.
  • edited November 2009

8 hour day? Never been known!

I don't actually consider that anything I do at Sky Poker is "work", I am like a kid in a toy shop, & I enjoy every moment of it. Whatever job I have done in life, I've always done full-on, it's the only way I know.

My "normal" day at Sky Poker is to be in the office at about 9am, sometimes 7am, sometimes 11am, but I "work" at behind-the-scenes stuff until 7pm, & then play on the Site until midnight, so, on average, 15 hours. And I love every minute of it.

There was quite a lot of back-up work involved in the new Master Cash - I started four Threads - & I type with one finger, very slowly! - but also for  Rich, 'Ling, & all the Crew.

And the Show was 3 hours long with never more than a 2 minute break during it. And yet, when it finished, I stayed up doing Forum stuff, because I was still "buzzing". 

Long may it last. I have a limited shelf-life on TV, because of my age, but I don't plan to waste the chance while I'm able.
  • edited November 2009
    8 hour day? Never been known! I don't actually consider that anything I do at Sky Poker is "work", I am like a kid in a toy shop, & I enjoy every moment of it. Whatever job I have done in life, I've always done full-on, it's the only way I know. My "normal" day at Sky Poker is to be in the office at about 9am, sometimes 7am, sometimes 11am, but I "work" at behind-the-scenes stuff until 7pm, & then play on the Site until midnight, so, on average, 15 hours. And I love every minute of it. There was quite a lot of back-up work involved in the new Master Cash - I started four Threads - & I type with one finger, very slowly! - but also for  Rich, 'Ling, & all the Crew. And the Show was 3 hours long with never more than a 2 minute break during it. And yet, when it finished, I stayed up doing Forum stuff, because I was still "buzzing".  Long may it last. I have a limited shelf-life on TV, because of my age, but I don't plan to waste the chance while I'm able.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ... and we all love you for it TK!

p.s. just saw the Pokermentary, very good and definitely makes a player want to get to Vegas!
  • edited November 2009
    plus  u  can  get a lot  of  information    form the  cash   tables  use  it  to your  advantage
  • edited November 2009
    8 hour day? Never been known! I don't actually consider that anything I do at Sky Poker is "work", I am like a kid in a toy shop, & I enjoy every moment of it. Whatever job I have done in life, I've always done full-on, it's the only way I know. My "normal" day at Sky Poker is to be in the office at about 9am, sometimes 7am, sometimes 11am, but I "work" at behind-the-scenes stuff until 7pm, & then play on the Site until midnight, so, on average, 15 hours. And I love every minute of it. There was quite a lot of back-up work involved in the new Master Cash - I started four Threads - & I type with one finger, very slowly! - but also for  Rich, 'Ling, & all the Crew. And the Show was 3 hours long with never more than a 2 minute break during it. And yet, when it finished, I stayed up doing Forum stuff, because I was still "buzzing".  Long may it last. I have a limited shelf-life on TV, because of my age, but I don't plan to waste the chance while I'm able.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay

I've seen this statement once or twice before in your posts recently.  If you were a presenter there may be some truth in it as some channels believe vibrant, throbbing twenty-somethings are the way forward, but as you describe yourself as an analyst, you've years left in you yet.

People like to take advice from those they admire, respect and, perhaps most importantly, those who know what they are talking about.  As ninety-nine percent of the players on this site do admire and respect you (quite rightly) and do know that you've seen and done most things in the game, they're ready and willing to listen to you impart the knowledge and wisdom that you've gained over the years.  For that reason, we'll all be tuning in when you're 100 and Mr Orford is wheeling you on in a bathchair, just to hear you state that AQ suited should be played strongly pre-flop, but only when in position...lol.

I just realized that this doesn't have much to do with the thread, but it needed saying. 

Long may you continue, sir.

Graham
  • edited November 2009
    For that reason, we'll all be tuning in when you're 100 and Mr Orford is wheeling you on in a bathchair
    Posted by Taller_Guy

I'll be wheeling Tikay on in a bathchair in TWO years' time?  Could my life get any more glamorous?
  • edited November 2009
    Are bed baths more or less glamourous?

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MASTER CASH REPLACING OPEN? : I'll be wheeling Tikay on in a bathchair in TWO years' time?  Could my life get any more glamorous?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    At least you didn't admit to being vibrant and throbbing!!  Or a twentysomething for that matter!
  • edited November 2009

Thank you for the kind comments Graham. I'm just facing facts. Old geezers don't do TV. Name me a few who do - they are extremely rare.

Very soon I expect a Memo from Those Upstairs.....

"Dear tikay,

Much as we've enjoyed working with you......da de da......"
  • edited December 2009
    Thank you for the kind comments Graham. I'm just facing facts. Old geezers don't do TV. Name me a few who do - they are extremely rare. Very soon I expect a Memo from Those Upstairs..... "Dear tikay, Much as we've enjoyed working with you......da de da......"
    Posted by Tikay10
    Bruce Forsythe
    Des O'Conner
    David Dimbleby
    Trevor McDonald
    Michael Aspel
    Jon Snow
    etc etc etc