You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can I fold here? (I hate AA!)

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Help Please? Can I fold the turn or bet different? How do you play this? Ta

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
UareLIMPERSmall blind £0.10£0.10£19.70
punxxs_13Big blind £0.20£0.30£18.44
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

whitey21Call £0.20£0.50£8.81
LOLRaise £0.60£1.10£19.10
craigieboyFold    
ronnieg197Fold    
UareLIMPERRaise £1.60£2.70£18.10
punxxs_13Fold    
whitey21Fold    
LOLCall £1.10£3.80£18.00
Flop

• Q

UareLIMPERBet £2.35£6.15£15.75
LOLRaise £6.80£12.95£11.20
UareLIMPERAll-in £15.75£28.70£0.00
LOLAll-in £11.20£39.90£0.00
UareLIMPERUnmatched bet £0.10£39.80£0.10
UareLIMPERShow
  • A
  • A

LOLShow

Turn

• K

River

LOLWinThree 7s£38.00 £38.00

Comments

• edited April 2012
    very standard play readless
    you mean the flop and not the turn right? It's very difficult to bet differently on the turn ;-)
    3b bigger pre oop vs 2 players
  • edited April 2012
    I’m never folding here especially given the amount you’ve put in / stack sizes – there are so many hands he could be doing same with that you beat.

I guess aces do get beat from time to time – just reload and move on!
  • edited April 2012
    Completely standard, can't fold here. There are some boards you can fold AA on to alot of action, like if it comes, TJQ all the same suit (and you aint got the Ace of that suit), if there's raising and re-raising etc, you can find yourself struggling to think of a hand you actually want to see him turn over but here it's gotta go all in.
  • edited April 2012
    standard stuff here u do doubt yaself when u get raised all in opponent could have a q here flush draw easily i would call this of aswell unlucky 
  • edited April 2012
    utterly standardsville. 

UL.

Always put your money in here without a thought 100bbs deep.  Not my usual brand of advice.  No real point going into reads & ranges tho.  Board is what it is.  We've isolated to 1 oppo, oppo gets it in with worse easily.  Never folding.... get it in, no need to agonise 100bbs deep.
  • edited April 2012
    Just cooler, on drawy board he can have lots of semi-bluffs in his range too not just nut hands like sets lol
  • edited April 2012
    Standard. If the board was J72 rainbow and you got raised on the flop after the villian called the 3-bet pre then you might be able to get away from it since it's such a dry board but there are so many reasons on this board that the villian might be raising you OTF that you have to ship it. Deeper stacks and you can call to re-asses the turn, but 100BBs deep in a 3-bet pot with AA on a Q75 board with a flush draw out it's just always going in if you get raised.

He could have just about any two hearts, loads of high queens or 68 type hands as well as the 3 possible sets.

Cooler. Reload. Move on.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah this is fine and I don't think you could have done much different (maybe raise a bit more pre, but that's about it). I would only fold here if I had a concrete read on a player or if I knew the player was an uber rock. Aces do get cracked by sets from time to time... just part of the game. :)
  • edited April 2012
    readless you played it fine

Not always a snap though imo,  often there are not many semibluffs on that board when we hold Ah