You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stuck 3BI's @ NL50 Live (£170ish). This has to be the spot to try and get even???

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
NL50, beyond laggy table.  HYavet played well tbh, been card dead and forcing action oop.

I have £47ish @ 6 handed super Lag table.  Raise UTG to £1.5 with QsJc.  Everyone calls.

£9 in pot flop 4s 5s 8h.  Laggy Sb bets £3.  No better hand at this table folds + we can be confident we get paid even on wet board.

However unknown makes it £10.  Button calls as does initial opener.  Have to fear As xs hands, but aside from this we have 2 overs n 3rd NFD.   Not entirely sure of pot odds as am drunk.  But we have £30 to fire over raise.

Great spot to to try and get even?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Will type it up in coherent fashion 2moro wen am sober :p
  • edited April 2012
    lol got to love a drunken fail ;-)
  • edited April 2012
    Will put up aagain 2morz but ty.  red wine is my friend @ home time plus bumped in2 old friend :)
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry I dunno if you wrote it wrong, but from what I can see, you only have a backdoor flush on the flop, 2 spades on flop and 1 in your hand??
  • edited April 2012
    So to put it properly :p :

Very loose cash game @ NL50.  Max BI is £50.  4 super loose players and 1 unknown + me

I'm just getting no traction, lost a couple of flips vs weird hands and have started to play quite badly. 

I have pretty much £50 JsQsUTG, make it £1.50 knowing wont be any folds but very unlikely to be 3bet.  Just building a pot with what is likely best hand vs literally ATC from all seats.

Each seat calls:

UTG+1 ATC Sulag £100+ish stack
    CO unknown £100+
    Button Normally decentish £50
    SB Sulag £100+
    BB Ridicasulag £200+

£9 in pot:  4s 5s 8c.  SB checks, BB bets £3.  I have enough equity in the hand to perhaps raise here, but better will never ever fold in this game, so dont really want to bloat pot here + if I make my hand cheaply multiway I can be confident to get paid multiway even on scary (to us) board vs these guys 1pr/2pr/straight + straight draw type hands.  So I flat.

UTG+1 folds, unknown CO makes it £10, decent button quickly calls, SB folds, Ridicasulag quickly calls but he likely would with ATC & no plan.

So £42 in there, I have 2 overs n Qhigh flush draw.  Oppos going to have a lot of funky hands here, known players with prs n draws most likely, but could only really put the unknown on some kind of made hand 2pr/set/straight.

Am stuck £120 in fact (factored in the money on table as loss in initial drunken post).  Only hand dont want to see if ship is As xs, I dont mind getting it in vs set/str8 or well just about anything tbh given eventual likely pot size and perceived equity in hand

So i ship £40ish - as no real choice following raise to £10 - prob giving myself likely odds of (low end) 25% to high end 58% where likely eventual pot size is going to be £150 - £190 (based on 2 - perhaps 3 callers).  Was confident wouldnt see folds after the raise and call.

Initial raiser calls as does middle hand, ridicasulag tank folds.

Showdown vs 108o lol (raiser to £10) and open ended straigh flush draw (stationer), pot being £155 ish. 

Super standard spot to get even I guess.  Prob wouldnt have posted hand if I was sober, but as I did, felt like setting it out properly.  As long as unknown doesnt show with As xs am happy enough with spot, which I think he easily can tbh.

These type of games just perma level me :)
  • edited April 2012
    Comparing opening post to fleshed out version really gives nice demonstration of alcofrol on the poker brain huh :p