You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

25NL

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
this was in the midst of my longest ever online session doing 12 tables and it resulted in about 8 tables timing out lol

CO - fold
BTN - Hero ($40.74) raises to 0.75 with Kd 10d
SB - Villain ($24.90) calls 0.65
BB - calls 0.50

Flop: 7d 5s 7c (pot $2.25)
Villain checks
BB checks
Hero bets $1.42
Villain calls
BB folds

Turn: Qd (pot - $5.09)
Villain checks
Hero bets $3.50
Villain calls $3.50

River: 9d (pot - $12.09)
Villain has $19.33 behind
Hero has  $35.07

villain plays 21/17 over 932 hands - solid opponent, doesn't get out of line! 
what would you do on the river vs this opponent? b/c? b/f? shove? c/c? c/r?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Villain has either a marginal or nuts hand, doubt if he is a solid req that he has any air or 68 etc, so likely 88, 66, KQ, 55, 99 etc very pocket pair heavy imo.

reg river, cant see how we can c/c or c/r since we are on the button, but anyways my play here vs this reg is to b/f as i cant see him not leading the river with a House, as we are likely to check back a lot of the time when the flush comes, also on the basis he never shoves with worse, and unlikely to bluff, not sure on sizing though as you are trying to extract value from like 88~KQ type hand.
  • edited April 2012
    How can you check/fold? surely its Check, or bet/call or bet/fold 

If checked to you im probably betting like $8 and will call of any shoves, if he bets im shoving

he can turn up with like A7suited here and probably plenty of hands we beat, well enough :P .. reload 
  • edited April 2012
    sorry it was late .. obv no I can't c/c, c/f or c/r lol
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: 25NL:
    Villain has either a marginal or nuts hand, doubt if he is a solid req that he has any air or 68 etc, so likely 88, 66, KQ, 55, 99 etc very pocket pair heavy imo. reg river, cant see how we can c/c or c/r since we are on the button, but anyways my play here vs this reg is to b/f as i cant see him not leading the river with a House, as we are likely to check back a lot of the time when the flush comes, also on the basis he never shoves with worse, and unlikely to bluff, not sure on sizing though as you are trying to extract value from like 88~KQ type hand.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    dont rly agree with thus part, altho b/f $8 is probably best line to take, cant see him c/rai with 7x after bdfd comes in and its super hard for him to have any worse flushes, altho were getting like 4:1 and i prob stack off ingame
  • edited April 2012
    Villain checks
    Hero bets $6
    Villain shoves
    Hero folds

don't know if that was the right play but that's what I did. I just didn't know what else he could've had on the flop and turn other than a set. He's a good player and he probably knew I would fold quite a bit of my range to a river shove with bdfd coming in (he doesnt know i have it). So knowing that maybe I should've called. W.e
  • edited April 2012
    but we have bdfd's alot more than villain which means its a good river for us so he should expect us to fold less
  • edited April 2012
    true - so knowing that I'm almost certainly beaten here? There's hardly any chance of him having a lower fd - also he's never calling the flop cbet multiway with a vsmall pp! must be 77,55,99 or some sick bluff