You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

down in the dumps... endless bad beats

hi guys im new to sky but i keep CONSTANTLY getting bad beat after bad beat! :( ive lost over £30 which doesnt sound like a lot but it is to me... just need some advice and a bit of reassurence i know im quiet good player but im losing the will... thanks in advance 

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Hi Zedex
    Post some hands in the clinic so others can see if you're going wrong anywhere.
    May just be a downswing.
    Keep The Faith !!
  • edited April 2012
    thanks. as i said ive only been playing on site for 5 days so dont know how to post hands.. but just really peeved how unlucky im getting and the bad beat after bad beat. i know i shouldnt say it but it does sometimes feel like its set up :(
  • edited April 2012
    Yeh i understand where ur coming from.
    I started out like that when i joined a few months ago untill i found a game which suited me.
    Mainly play DYM's while im stilll learning.
    If you go to the Clinic page it'll tell you how to post hands.
  • edited April 2012
    dont worry mate. by the way i am a good player and have been watching skypoker ever since its started. i seem to make a good profit live and play a mixture of DYMs cash and a few tourneys since ive started
  • edited April 2012
    sorry if sound a bit snotty :( just annoyed as i said and have heard some comments from past sky players about the variance on skypoker that i hope isnt true::(
  • edited April 2012
    sorry about that last comment aswell! typed in haste b4 i thought about wat i was putting.
  • edited April 2012
    No worries
    Hope you run better soon
  • edited April 2012
    Stick with it! I've had a sucky day of getting beat by hands I've had dominated in shoved pots and two pairs constantly getting counterfeited. Ground most of my losses back by sticking with it.

Don't listen to any bad talk about "variance" on Sky Poker - it's just good old poker variance, hopefully it will switch in your favour soon!
  • edited April 2012
    5 Days! try going on a downswing for a month or 2 months! Thatl test you!
  • edited April 2012
    i know that feeling too and yes it totaly feels like you are being set up at times. Thing is even if it was there are days its set up for you just remember when you luck out on people and you will run good eventualy. It will never go away no matter how good a player you are bad runs hurt and is a part of poker. If you can stick with it and evaluate you plays after games in the hand history, post on the clinic or even post to vent your frustration! you will then see what is happening and why and improve on it. Theres nothing you can do sometimes and best thing when running bad is STOP PLAYING! take a little break do something else watch poker on the tv that helps me as i study on how to play better which puts you in a more positive mind set. Worst thing to do and ive done it manytimes is carry on playing when every thing is against me no matter if i am playing well and just being plain ul.

Stay positive dude :)
  • edited April 2012
    thanks dazler 4 really good advice : ) now £80 down though and its getting draining... went all in on flop of QQA with pocket AAs got called by 4 OF A KIND QUEEENS WAT THE.... gone all in ahead loads with hands like 3 of kind, 2 pair etc and ALWAYS the villan cathces a suckout even if it is a 1 or 2 outter!!! i will try your advice of not playing on on tilt because im guilty of doing that alot recently!!! just hope i catch some luck eventually or win a n ice tournament
  • edited April 2012

£88 down now, still playing within my roll but getting SSSSOOOOOOO frustrated!!! every time go all in in tourney or sit & go they ALWAYS have AAs. keep getting outdrawn on river wiv 2 or 3 outter.. im really sorry but i cant see how there isnt someone out there controlling this to take my money...

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: down in the dumps... endless bad beats:
    £88 down now, still playing within my roll but getting SSSSOOOOOOO frustrated!!! every time go all in in tourney or sit & go they ALWAYS have AAs. keep getting outdrawn on river wiv 2 or 3 outter.. im really sorry but i cant see how there isnt someone out there controlling this to take my money...
    Posted by ZedeX19
    And why would they just single you out?
    You started the post with a sensible question and a situation we have all gone through(most of us i am sure for a lot longer and deeper ) and every further post you make is getting more and more into blaming someone else and coming up with a conspiracy theory.

Post these hands you are getting sucked out on and you might get some informed advice on how you played them and if it was a straight forward suck out then it happens im afraid .
    Good luck in the future
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: down in the dumps... endless bad beats : And why would they just single you out? You started the post with a sensible question and a situation we have all gone through(most of us i am sure for a lot longer and deeper ) and every further post you make is getting more and more into blaming someone else and coming up with a conspiracy theory. Post these hands you are getting sucked out on and you might get some informed advice on how you played them and if it was a straight forward suck out then it happens im afraid . Good luck in the future
    Posted by jonjo75
    i know im just really frustrated and letting my emotions get the better of me. i know im not the perfect player by any means but i know that i am a competent player and also (unfortunately in these kind of times it doesnt help) very competetive. thanks for the wake up call. will be geniuenly interested to know wat ure longest downswing was and how many buy ins you lost and also how quickly (or slowly!) it took u took get back even again. and also from anyone else reading this post thanks
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: down in the dumps... endless bad beats : i know im just really frustrated and letting my emotions get the better of me. i know im not the perfect player by any means but i know that i am a competent player and also (unfortunately in these kind of times it doesnt help) very competetive. thanks for the wake up call. will be geniuenly interested to know wat ure longest downswing was and how many buy ins you lost and also how quickly (or slowly!) it took u took get back even again. and also from anyone else reading this post thanks
    Posted by ZedeX19
    nothing wrong in having a rant it does you good sometimes and it is really anoying and it feels like its set up against you, just in you posting and people putting you in check is a good thing. It happens to all of us often and thats something you have to learn to deal with even when its really hard and your making big losses. But stick within your br which you said you are or even play a smaller percentage or your br go down to 2% and grind up the small wins until your cofidence comes back. I really hate playing the small buy in games but it dosnt hurt half as much when you lose. It will turn m8 i had awful run last week and last couple of days its gone my way and i know its gonna swing back to another bad run at some point but im prepared for that.
  • edited April 2012
    hi ZedeX,
    if u r playing within your br as u say u r
    then losing a few buy-ins shouldn,t be a problem 4 u.
    if it is getting 2 u....
    which it sounds 2 me like it is,
    i would suggest either taking a few days away from playing,
    drop a level will also help.
    u could also try playing something diferent....
    just 2 mix it up a bit and try 2 break your bad run.
    poker should be fun....
    so,get back 2 basics
    and hopefully things will come good again.!!!
    best wishes,
    hope u turn things around.
    :-)

devon
  • edited May 2012

hi guys just wanted to have a go at posting a hand. thanks for the support but this is the kind of luck ive been having ...

• edited May 2012
    churchie28 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £8.38
    carlos316 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.36
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

mullee01 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.21
    Rowena123 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.94
    ZedeX19 Raise  £0.12 £0.26 £3.57
    Swog Fold     
    churchie28 Call  £0.10 £0.36 £8.28
    carlos316 Fold     
    mullee01 Raise  £0.16 £0.52 £2.05
    Rowena123 Call  £0.16 £0.68 £2.78
    ZedeX19 Call  £0.08 £0.76 £3.49
    churchie28 Call  £0.08 £0.84 £8.20
    Flop

• Q
    • A

churchie28 Check     
    mullee01 Check     
    Rowena123 Check     
    ZedeX19 Bet  £0.42 £1.26 £3.07
    churchie28 Fold     
    mullee01 Raise  £0.84 £2.10 £1.21
    Rowena123 Fold     
    ZedeX19 All-in  £3.07 £5.17 £0.00
    mullee01 All-in  £1.21 £6.38 £0.00
    ZedeX19 Unmatched bet  £1.44 £4.94 £1.44
    mullee01 Show
    • A
    • A

ZedeX19 Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

• J

River

mullee01 Win Three Aces £4.56
  • edited May 2012
    have gone down levels to 2p/4p and trying to grind back up but i grind £2 or £3 up in a few of days then get a huge pot like this going off and lose it again or even more. these type of hands happen once or twice a day still and i am coping with a lot better then i did and now able to just stop and log off but it is getting pretty silly now