You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bluff or not your views?

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I would like your thoughts on this hand as i think the guy was bluffing as he was most hands he was betting with air but decided to fold it as better spots can be had and was only calling a bluff here. What are your views on this would you make the call?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SNOOKY118 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £7.99
XXXX Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.58
 Your hole cards
  • J

Stefanos64 Fold     
Dazler Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.65
stubr Fold     
jambar97 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £1.73
SNOOKY118 Fold     
XXXX Raise  £0.04 £0.18 £2.54
Dazler Call  £0.04 £0.22 £3.61
jambar97 Fold     
Flop

XXXX Check     
Dazler Bet  £0.11 £0.33 £3.50
XXXX Call  £0.11 £0.44 £2.43
Turn

• J

SMUDGDR09 Check     
Dazler Bet  £0.22 £0.66 £3.28
XXXX Call  £0.22 £0.88 £2.21
River

• Q

SMUDGDR09 All-in  £2.21 £3.09 £0.00
Dazler Fold     
XXXX Muck     
XXXX Win  £0.81  £0.81
XXXX Return  £2.21

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Fold pre.

As played, bet flop & turn bigger - Especially turn when we're beating all the other 2 pair combinations (Except overpairs which raise pre-flop) and we can get a decent amount of money in while we're ahead, or cause our opponent to make a mistake by giving him the wrong price to draw to the flush.

River is probably a sigh fold now as any Q beats us, as well as the flush.
  • edited April 2012
    fold pre

bet flop and turn bigger

fold river without reads
  • edited April 2012
    yea def a folder pre lol just had a look that 1 time (infact not sure why i did call pre lol). Always a difficult one for me with paird boards and i hold the other card out of pos! this is def something i should look at more and i think thats good advice pingu as if i bet more hes more likley to reraise or shove on me if he holds the 4! betting the amount i did and him flat calling i dont know where i am! and kinda asking for trouble by doing the work for him. If i make a decent sized bet on the turn same again if he shoves i can fold as hes not gonna flat call the turn if its big enough. The Q on the end made it easier in the end and more than likely thats what he had. Thanks for the feed back pingu :)
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to x:
    fold pre bet flop and turn bigger fold river without reads
    Posted by grantorino
    +1 to this
  • edited April 2012
    Dazler pre is pretty horrific mate, at least raise if you want to play it lol.

Flop and turn you should have best so want to bet for value however you can get more by betting more and he still calls.

River crazy overbet often means he wants paying and with paired board any Q beats you so right fold for me ;).
  • edited April 2012
    yea yea yea lol i get the point and i know i should fold pre lets just say it was a miss click which in all honesty i think mayhave been as was on couple of tables so forgive me for the pre flop call lol