You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3-bet pot, H/U vs cold caller...facing flop Jam.

edited April 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Just a interesting hand from last night. This guy is fairly unknown, still . . . i do know that he is not a good player just by following his tendencies, but have no idea how he plays his bluffs/value hands etc do we consider folding here, or is this a sigh/snap call...
layerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SBSmall blind  £0.25 £0.25 £76.19
BBBig blind  £0.50 £0.75 £53.45
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

UTGRaise  £1.50 £2.25 £47.00
WHOAMI196 Raise  £4.50 £6.75 £75.48
COFold     
VILLAINCall  £4.50 £11.25 £98.86
SBFold     
BBFold     
UTGFold     
Flop

WHOAMI196 Bet  £8.00 £19.25 £67.48
VILLAINAll-in  £98.86 £118.11 £0.00
WHOAMI196 ???     

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Nice spot :p

Its only ever a pp, He is 200bbs deep, so peels lighter IMO.

But button seems like such a good spot to 4bet a genuinely massive hand getting no credit, the fact he doesnt take it suggests its not a massive hand pre - but then again you say hes not that good.

8's thru J's - imo.  Playing set or no set...

• edited April 2012
    meh if your read is he is bad then pay him off. He'll show a set sometimes, but think he'll show stuff we beat as often, mainly worse pocket pairs

amybr, why do you think someone wouldnt get credit for a big hand when they cold 4b an utg+1 3bet of an utg open?
  • edited April 2012
    I suspect you know what I meant, but maybe I put it across badly.

If there is a spot to cold 4bet A's and receive as little credibility as possible, then the button is obv the sweetest spot to do it from
  • edited April 2012
    i think its a fold looks like  set of 3s or 7s to me calls a reraise from who i am so cant be a high pair looks like a set 
  • edited April 2012
    Not sure how he played before this but no doubt he had a set. What did you do in the end, guessing you folded?
  • edited April 2012
    completely depends on who villain is.   there is a long list of people i would snap call here against and a long list of people i would snap fold here against

really difficult spot where you have to go with your reads and if they're unknown to you i think theres a pretty strong argument for folding and finding a better spot. 

can we play a game of guess the villain?????

im going for a 5 letter name beginning with C 
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for reply guys, i just went with my read that villain was bad so i tank-called he showed JJ, and my ladies held, Huuuume if you had guessed this players alias i would have been really impressed lol, but no does not start with a C, prob best to leave it at that ;).

In Response to Re: 3-bet pot, H/U vs cold caller...facing flop Jam.:
    Nice spot :p Its only ever a pp, He is 200bbs deep, so peels lighter IMO. But button seems like such a good spot to 4bet a genuinely massive hand getting no credit, the fact he doesnt take it suggests its not a massive hand pre - but then again you say hes not that good. 8's thru J's - imo.  Playing set or no set...
    Posted by AMYBR
    Fair play m8 bang on! (grantorino was pretty much there to ;) lol) what the hell is this PM about btw m8?? you are quite the contributor to the clinic so to whatever that has happened do not go AWOL for to long over it! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Just fold, he has 79
  • edited April 2012
    with your reads I call 
  • edited April 2012
    Looks like the villain Is watertaxi! ;)Snap it off :)
  • edited April 2012
    snap, obviously got JJ :D

Without the result, it's a sigh/call )