You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beats

Decided to start this post because I just got completly screwed over in only a few hands. Apologies if there's already a thread like this, but this is the first time I've been on the forum.

This is within 3 hands:

1st hand - JJ
I'm on the button so I naturally raise 3x min blind, everyone folds except one person.

Flop - 8 4 A
I raise again as I was the previous raiser, and he goes all in so I quickly snap call. He has 8 Q

Turn - 8

River - Q

Wow.

2nd hand - Folded

3rd hand - Ac 5h
I'm on big blind with just under 1k chips so check to see the flop as I have a weak A

Flop - 6c 8c Qc
I only need 1 more club to hit my ace high flush and triple up so I quickly go all in to scare off my opponents in case the worst happens. The first person raises all in with twice my chips and the other person who already wiped me all for most of my chips goes all in too. First person has Jc 5c so he's hit his flush already, and the other person has 6 6 and hit a set.

Turn - Kc
I've hit my ace high flush and am looking forward to a nice chip up as I'm completly dominating.

River - (AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT) another 8
The person who, just two hands ago, took all my chips has improved from a set to a flaming full house; wiping the floor with my ace high flush.

Unbelievable.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    first off welcome to the forum :) and your not the first to post a bad beat story on here lol. But why would you snap call with pk Js when there is an A on the flop after someone shoves. Whether its a bluff or not your not gonna win at poker like this. Second hand you shoved hoping to hit your flush and thats gonna also get you in a lot of trouble as you havnt got a made hand and playing rag As like this is not good. Your gonna get beat like this and its part of poker so its not unbelievable really. Use the forum to and read up theres some good players who will help you out go to the poker clinic and you can post up hands there. But good luck to you hope you run well at the tables :)
  • edited April 2012
    Your first post and already you are lost.  This is a loser mentality in life and poker.  But the people here will help freely, it's what they do .  They will go out of their way to help you.  A year from now you'll look back and think wow how far have I come.  
      As for bad beat's well how to address moaning?  If you were trapped down a cliff and a friend appeared with a rope dropping it down to save you.  Instead of climbing up you drag your friend down to your depth.  Friends in poker should pull each other up.  Save the bad beats and enjoy the game.