You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your chance to have a brag!

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
This is the perfect place to Shout about your... latest, biggest, greatest wins (online or live). Everyone like's a brag so give it your best shot here!

Comments

• edited May 2009
    One of my biggest weaknesses has always been putting people on a range of hands & this is something I've worked really hard on over the past few months. It all started to come together last week when playing a sat for next weeks 15k BH. Had bullets in early position with blinds at 15/30 (I almost hate getting aces this early in a tourney) so raised (as you do!) and got one caller. Flop came 2Q3 rainbow. Bet out for 2/3 of the pot & got raised 3x more. At this point I had to stop & think. Finally deciding that I was either up against pocket queens or AQ. After a bit more thought I decided that had I been up against pockets the other guy would've 3 bet my original raise pre flop so I was 99% certain I was up against AQ.

At that point I shoved the lot in and the cards flipped. Low & behold.........I was up against AQ. Happy days & a nice double up, not to mention the fact that I was really quite pleased that not only had I put him on an accurate range of hands but other than guessing the suits actually had him on a specific hand.
  • edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Your chance to have a brag!:
    One of my biggest weaknesses has always been putting people on a range of hands & this is something I've worked really hard on over the past few months. It all started to come together last week when playing a sat for next weeks 15k BH. Had bullets in early position with blinds at 15/30 (I almost hate getting aces this early in a tourney) so raised (as you do!) and got one caller. Flop came 2Q3 rainbow. Bet out for 2/3 of the pot & got raised 3x more. At this point I had to stop & think. Finally deciding that I was either up against pocket queens or AQ. After a bit more thought I decided that had I been up against pockets the other guy would've 3 bet my original raise pre flop so I was 99% certain I was up against AQ. At that point I shoved the lot in and the cards flipped. Low & behold.........I was up against AQ. Happy days & a nice double up, not to mention the fact that I was really quite pleased that not only had I put him on an accurate range of hands but other than guessing the suits actually had him on a specific hand.
    Posted by silentbob
    Nice play, it feels good to get somebody's range right.  Do you use notes to keep track of your opponents?
  • edited May 2009
    I have started to over the past 3-4 months. TBH, I must admit that I didn't even know you could do it until a friend of mine pointed it out! But since I've started using the notes I'm certainly more aware of people that I regularly come up against now.
  • edited May 2009
    First attempt at the Deep Stack tonight.

Finished 13th out of 89, 3 off the money. But the thing I actually want to brag about is that I lasted longer than Tikay, who came 26th.

Have it!
  • edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Your chance to have a brag!:
    First attempt at the Deep Stack tonight. Finished 13th out of 89, 3 off the money. But the thing I actually want to brag about is that I lasted longer than Tikay, who came 26th. Have it!
    Posted by RichOrford
    We briefly shared Tables in The Open.

We briefly shared Tables in the Sleepstack.

You outlasted me in the Sleepstack.

And they say lightning never strikes twice.

Unbelievable.

Fun Tables, mind you, the banter & craic was worth the Entry Fee alone.

Especially enjoyed your Exit - 5th Pair on a straighting, flushing, paired, Board. You'll be alright. ;) 
  • edited June 2009
    25th in my so far one and only sleepstack (down to £400 prize now?!?)
    won a Freeroll on Tuesday under my girlfriend's alias
    2nd in a £300 gtd
  • edited June 2009
    Sky gave me £2.00  free ( which was nice,ty sky), which in 3 days i ran upto £300.00 ,inc 3 f/ts back to back to back in 1 evening. Just wanted to brag a little, also- just kinda wondering if this is might mean im getting the hang of this poker thingy.Feel free to comment/slate as you feel.

• edited June 2009

I have won the last 4 7:15pm deepstacks I have played in, best run in mtts for a while, now to try and get the 10 min blind games sorted.

• BawBaw
    edited June 2009
    In Response to £2.00 INTO £300.00:
    Sky gave me £2.00  free ( which was nice,ty sky), which in 3 days i ran upto £300.00 ,inc 3 f/ts back to back to back in 1 evening. Just wanted to brag a little, also- just kinda wondering if this is might mean im getting the hang of this poker thingy.Feel free to comment/slate as you feel.
    Posted by -PIMPIN-
    Great work, but you'll be back in 3 weeks moaning about bad beats and wondering if you know how to play the game if you're anything like me!
  • edited June 2009
    Im sorry, but without proof i'm struggling to believe thats possible. Sharkscope with last 50 results showing profit would make me believe :)

Edit - checked myself n it seems he did take a massive leap in profit lately, very nice work !
  • edited June 2009
    UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormNetworkFilter
    huuuuume      904$11  $18  47%$10,108  -Sky Poker x

brag
  • edited June 2009
    i spotted a nutter
  • edited July 2009
    I had a double cash tonight,

69th in the Open for £21 and 8th in the £500 Velocity for £28.20.

My total buyins for today were;

2 succesful £2.40 satellites into the £500 deep stack and the Open.
    A £5.50 £200 guarenteed and the £500 Bounty Hunter and the £500 Velocity
    totalling £26.80
    total return £49.20

I was disappointed with the result of the hand I exited in the BH, I call a raise from in the big blind with pocket queens, my opponent had previously raised in the same position against me with 56 which riverred 2 pair against my pair of Aces I hit on the turn. I know his range is massive so decide a call is the best option.
    The flop is 7hTh3c. The pot is around 1950, I have 2000 chips, my opponent has me covered by a couple of thousand, he checks, I'm happy to win the 1950 so push all in, he calls with A3 - no hearts, just bottom pair. He riverred an Ace.

My luck changed dramatically in the Velocity, I must have won 5/6 coinflips, including ko'ing 2 players in 2 consecutive hands holding 66 v their AJ's. I was chip leader for a while up until the 50 minute mark, my goal was 9th - I got 8th, I'm happy.
  • edited July 2009

Best day

Cashind in 5 freerolls on the trot, includin a second, and 2 10th places, this started with the midnight freeroll, then winning a speed tourny, finishing 3rd in the next one and finaly winning a dym sng.

Oh Happy Days

• edited July 2009
    Winning the new £20 Deepstack the other night was good (felt especially good as i was one of the people rallying to get it brought in)

Also 3rd in the SPUKT Swansea was a great result, made FT with only 1.5 blinds and was straight on BB, tripled up 1st hand and went from strength to strength..
  • edited July 2009

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    ginge999         884$2  $7  21%$1,578  Hot72Sky PokerSNG Only x