You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any one else fold this?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
No. Nobody else folds this.

I usually write more... but what more can I say?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Moved on and forgotten about
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    How do you fold this? You've got the 3rd nuts. Even if you lose its a bad fold in most situations. Looks good when right, but still.
  • edited May 2012
    Looks great when you're right. I'm never folding this in a million years though. If I'm against AJ/22, then c'est la vie.
  • edited May 2012
    bet more pre and shove or raise more on the turn, flat calling 100 on the turn does nothing if hes calling a big bet on the flop you have to put him on an A so slow playing him seems pointless and makes you seem weak on that board and gives him a chance to hit either his J or if hes holding a pk pair he could hit fh, so dont make it so cheap if hes got an A and you bet more on the turn hes either gonna shove on you or think hold on maybe my AJ is losing here and fold. Not only that by betting more than 100 your getting more value if he hits J then nothing you can do its just ul.
  • edited May 2012
    Is this a joke? 
  • edited May 2012
     Sorry but i had to reread this to make sure i wasn't seeing things!!!!!
    You've got a full house and your folding?
    OMG i couldn't ....i'd just accept the bad beat if he had 22 etc but i'd have AI'd on the turn mysef which may not have made any difference.
    I think i'd have left the site then to write my post up in the bad beats section so that i could  say..................................."aaaaaaahhh that feels better!!" cheers
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Any one else fold this?:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Banga Small blind   25.00 25.00 405.00 Smilodon Big blind   50.00 75.00 2520.00   Your hole cards K A       marcbain05 Fold         VespaPX Raise   100.00 175.00 1900.00 twitplay Fold         dannybho20 Fold         Banga Fold         Smilodon Raise   100.00 275.00 2420.00 VespaPX Call   50.00 325.00 1850.00 Flop     2 A 2       Smilodon Bet   150.00 475.00 2270.00 VespaPX Raise   462.50 937.50 1387.50 Smilodon Call   312.50 1250.00 1957.50 Turn     A       Smilodon Bet   100.00 1350.00 1857.50 VespaPX Call   100.00 1450.00 1287.50 River     J       Smilodon All-in   1857.50 3307.50 0.00 VespaPX Fold         Smilodon Show A J       Smilodon Win   1450.00   1450.00 Smilodon Return   1857.50 0.00 3307.50
    Posted by VespaPX
    Bet harder, bet bigger, on flop a bet giving 4 to 1 is not gi ving value to your hand, almost giving 45 a chance. Saying all that and shoving turn you're in a cooler- very disciplined to fold trip a's- jack kicker at the turn(actually are u ever!!!!)
  • edited May 2012
    I'm not going to be too critical but I'd like one of the people suggesting the shove on the turn to explain their logic.

My thoughts would be that I could only get called by an Ace or an unlikely 22. If that's right (which it surely is) by raising the turn we'd only get it in when it's a chop or we're behind and we fold out any weaker hands that may continue an ill-advised bluff. Surely when we have Aces full we don't need to worry about protecting our hand.

Dazler, I think you need to look at the hand history again. I can only assume that you've misread it. Both we and our opponent have a full house on the turn so he wouldn't fold his AJ. Neither his Jack nor our King is playing on the turn. That also means that if our opponent has a pocket pair, any full house he makes on the river is going to be inferior to our hand.
  • edited May 2012
    +1 for being baffled at people wanting to shove turn

river we are nearly always only calling to split, but given amount in pot we gotta call when only 4 combos in entire deck beat us without a very clear read.

I think we might be beat more often than some people seem to believe here though
  • edited May 2012
    i cant stop laughing i know its bad but how can u fold this unreal are u romanello by any chance lol 
  • edited May 2012

well by the time the turn comes there is enough in the pot to take it down there and then. The guy ovb has an A so its split, by shoving the turn your opponent may be a bad player and fold not realising its a split and thinks his rag A or what ever is no good ive seen it happen. I dought hes gonna fold a fh though but what other option do you have better than splitting! he may even think you have A2, by only flatting the turn for 100 i dont really see the point hes leading out and doing it to enduce you into a shove anyways. He could hit his 2 outter no matter what A he had from A3 to AQ results gonna be the same. Be the raiser not the caller is all im sayin.
    But if he does hold a pk pair then i can see the reason for slow playin it. But if hes callin over 400 on the flop then surly hes calling the same or more on the turn.

Also people say you would never fold in this spot but depends if its on the bubble for your torny life in which case it could be a very good fold. He coulda had A2 or AJ which he did. Hense the reason to bet more pre flop.