You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

roy hogson as england manager who will he take to the euros

edited May 2012 in Betting Chat
maybe crazy but worth a bet for fun i looked at beckham at 25/1 for a call up maybe mad worth couple of quid tho 

Comments

• edited May 2012
    CANT SEE THAT BECKS HAS GOT HIS HEART SET ON THE OLYMPICS, THINK SCHOLES MIGHT BE A BETTER OUTSIDER
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: roy hogson as england manager who will he take to the euros:
    CANT SEE THAT BECKS HAS GOT HIS HEART SET ON THE OLYMPICS, THINK SCHOLES MIGHT BE A BETTER OUTSIDER
    Posted by BADBOY985
    SCRAP THAT HES ONLY 5/2 TO MAKE THE SQUAD
  • edited May 2012
    Scholes should literally be the first name on the squad list. 

Then Crouchy. 

Crouch wouldn't be in my first team, but you need options off the bench that can change the game. Only prob with PC is the refs shi  tting themselves and blowing up everytime he wins a header. 

Scholesy can win us the comp. A maestro. 

Hate United too. 
  • edited May 2012
    The same old faces as ever.
    Wio, Tewwy, Bawwy, Gewward, Cwouch & Wooney.
  • edited May 2012
    It's not the managers that need replacing all the time - Until we have 11 players who actually want to play for England, we're never going to win anything.

Someone drop Rooney plz )
  • edited May 2012
    Evil Pingu

I agree with you except for one thing, MAKE ROONEY CAPTAIN!! of a team of youngsters that he and Roy can nurture to win the World Cup in 2014 or Euro's 2016. Rooney has been nearly totally responsible for Man U still being in title race and he WILL grow up with added responsibilty. 

Get rid of the old timers who have wasted their opportunity ie Terry, Lampard, Gerrard etc the so called Golden Generation whose effort did not even make them worthy of tieing Moore, Charlton et al's boots.

Father V  
  • edited May 2012
    Rooney and Hart should be the first two names on the team sheet, they are the only 2 world class players we have.

Gerrard and A Cole are the only two left from 'the golden generation' still playing well enough to be on the team sheet.

• edited May 2012

I personally think that apart from Gerrard and A.Cole and can you put Rooney in the Golden Generation then i think they are the ony 3 i would put in the atarting XI. Hodgson generally plays 4-4-2 so who do u put up front. I wud go for Crouch. He has never let England down and is a good foil for Rooney. Hart stasts in goal. Cole left back. Centre halves wud be Cahill and dare i say it Lescott. Micha Richards ricght back.  Scott parker and Gerrard in centre mid with Lennon on the right and flip a coin for left side of midfield. Wud u put Baines in midfield ???
    We wil get out the group then lose in the quarters no doubt.

• edited May 2012
    seeems like the last few years if they not getting 50 grand a week cba to play and england is about pride play for your country half the time england play lately we no heart on the sleeve 4 players i would guarentee take is hart rooney scott parker hes a great ambasador for english football plays heart on sleeve and i have to take gerrard 
  • edited May 2012
    Goalie plays with his Hart on his back not his sleeve ;)

Hart

Cole
    Cahill
    Terry
    Walker

Scholes 
    Parker

Lennon
    Gerrard
    Johnson

Rooooney
  • edited May 2012
    out of that i wouldnt take kyle walker or johnson  deffo take theo walcott and lennon pace scares other teams :)
  • edited May 2012
    ------------------------- Hart -------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------
    ----- Jones ----- Cahill ----- Terry ----- Baines ---
    ------------------------ Parker -----------------------
    ----- Johnson --------------------------- Lennon----
    ------------------------ Gerrard ---------------------
    --------------- Crouch --------- Defoe --------------

Provided that the refs keep the whistle out of their mouth for more than 2 seconds when Crouch is on the pitch.
  • edited May 2012
    no rooney gotta have rooney and i hate man utd lol 
  • edited May 2012
    As a Scotsman i feel my post will be ignored but anyways

Playing the Barcelona 4-3-2-1 formation

Hart

Walker
    Rio Ferdinand
    Richards
    Ashley Cole

Scholes
    Huddlestone
    Carrick

Walcott
    Chamberlin

Rooney

Defoe would also be great for this system, although i think would virtually kill any chance of Crouchy getting a game tho.
  • edited May 2012
    As a Scotsman i feel my post will be ignored but anyways Playing the Barcelona 4-3-2-1 formation Hart Walker Rio Ferdinand Richards Ashley Cole Scholes Huddlestone Carrick Walcott Chamberlin Rooney Defoe would also be great for this system, although i think would virtually kill any chance of Crouchy getting a game tho.
    Posted by The_Don90
    i'm sorry what??!!!
  • edited May 2012
    rooney is our best player but at the same time a liability,,gerrard i would not take probably had 5 good games for england,,just a pitty jack wiltshires injured we should be building a team round him,,
    lets face it WE HAVE NO KIN CHANCE OF WINNING IT,
  • edited May 2012
    As a Scotsman i feel my post will be ignored but anyways Playing the Barcelona 4-3-2-1 formation Hart Walker Rio Ferdinand Richards Ashley Cole Scholes Huddlestone Carrick Walcott Chamberlin Rooney Defoe would also be great for this system, although i think would virtually kill any chance of Crouchy getting a game tho.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I'm sorry WHATTTT????
    Don stop it please,ma sides are splittin......
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: roy hogson as england manager who will he take to the euros : i'm sorry what??!!!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    the players where picked to fit the formation. With two attacking wingers when in posession i want them going forwatd and making it a 4-3-3 style working as a 4-5-1 in defence. However for that you need defencive minded midfielders Huddlestone fits that. And Micah Richards probably Englands only decent young defender, completely adept playing on the right and central. And first team at City a side competeing for the league
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: roy hogson as england manager who will he take to the euros : I'm sorry WHATTTT???? Don stop it please,ma sides are splittin......
    Posted by igimc
    whats wrong with the formation
  • edited May 2012
    My team for Euro's

Hart

Richards
    Cahill
    Lescott
    Cole

Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Jones
    Parker
    Walcott

Rooney
    Wellbeck

then getting rid of Lescott and Parker as soon as poss to get youngsters in the squad to take us on to 2014/2016.

Father V
  • edited May 2012
    Joe Hart should be named captain for me,  him Cole and Rooney are the only 3 guranteed starters ! and lets be honest, Wazza can barely look after himself.

It's pretty much a banker that we will play 4 5 1 .
    Most probably :
    Hart

Johnson
    Terry
    Cahill
    Cole

Young
    Parker   (c)
    Lampard or gerrard
    Barry
    Downing or walcott

Rooney

Personally, i'd play Walker or Richards right back,   but who knows what Roy will do.
    Can;t see Scholes playing either... but ya never know.
  • edited May 2012
    agree with 1267 here apart from wide men i prefer lennon or chamberlain to young and i have walcott deffo instead of downing if we got any chance we need pace in the team i think chamberlain and walcott would do a great job id have scholes instead of barry instead in holding roll 
  • edited May 2012
    sorry farther but i cant be having {BAMBI} aka wellbeck
  • edited May 2012
    yeh hard choice andybuck, couldnt make me mind up about having crouch or defoe in final of Euro 2012 although either one as long as jettisoned after we win it.

Just need to find a couple of good young strikers and stick with them from then on.
  • edited May 2012

Roy has just been told there will be no wayne for the first two games.....

He replied, I am trying to pick a squad here, not check the weather forecast!
  • edited May 2012
    After the morning newspaprers ! john terry went to as big as 2/1 to make the squad ! Absolutely ridiculous when people like Cahill and lescott are 1/6

Already down to Evens now, obviously been well backed !
  • edited May 2012
    After the morning newspaprers ! john terry went to as big as 2/1 to make the squad ! Absolutely ridiculous when people like Cahill and lescott are 1/6 Already down to Evens now, obviously been well backed !
    Posted by 1267
    id take the paper headlines with a pinch of salt but it would be a victory for mankind if Roy Hodgson did decide to leave this meathead at home
  • edited May 2012
    Roy has just been told there will be no wayne for the first two games..... He replied, I am trying to pick a squad here, not check the weather forecast!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    !!!!!!
  • edited May 2012
    Liverpool players underacheived all season, Hodgson couldnt motivate them when he was their Manager so picks a load and Gerrard one of our biggest underacheivers made captain.

What a brilliant start LOL

Brave new dawn still miles away

Father V
  • edited May 2012
    After hearing Roy Hodgson's squad announcement, Duran Duran are to re-release one of their songs for the England football team.

His name is Rio and he watches from the stand