You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bigscot Small blind  50.00 50.00 5350.00
nug82 Big blind  100.00 150.00 3505.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Hauffish Fold     
clyde1313 Fold     
zxghostxz Fold     
steph1977 All-in  965.00 1115.00 0.00
bigscot Call  915.00 2030.00 4435.00
nug82 All-in  3505.00 5535.00 0.00
bigscot Call  2640.00 8175.00 1795.00
bigscot Show

nug82 Show
  • K
  • K

steph1977 Show

Flop

• J

Turn

• A

River

bigscot Win Two Pairs, 9s and 8s 8175.00  9970.00

Comments

• edited May 2012
    wrong section, nice hand
  • edited May 2012
    Actually will win 80% of the time heads up, and bringing up one random hand will do nothing to change statistics. However you are all in versus 3 players, which means your KK only 66% favourite to win in this case, and so you are going to lose one in three of those... welcome to the one.
  • edited May 2012
    The fact someone has called 915 then all in with 89 off is pathetic

Kam99 is right heads up you'll win 80% of the time, 3 way you'll win 66% of the time (in a perfect world) with 'bingo' players it more like 50/50 with every hand

#bitter haha
  • edited May 2012
    89 off shoulda been outta there but when they call a short stack they feel obliged to call if someone else shoves over the top lol they cant help themselves.
  • edited May 2012
    If this was in a BH or DYM then I can sort of understand the 89 call. Short stack on the button could be shoving with anything and that might have made it tempting enough to flip for it.

The call to your all in was stupid but equally should you not have just called and checked down to eliminate a player?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins:
    If this was in a BH or DYM then I can sort of understand the 89 call. Short stack on the button could be shoving with anything and that might have made it tempting enough to flip for it. The call to your all in was stupid but equally should you not have just called and checked down to eliminate a player?
    Posted by V6Coop
    Thank you all for your comments.

Nice to know that people agree this was a sick exit hand.

V6 thank you for that information, I will note that going forward.

• edited May 2012
    if you call it should be because you think you are more likely to get 2nd villains stack by calling rather than getting it in on flop
  • edited May 2012
    your find on sky poker the bigger stack always seems to mostly win an all in from the start, sounds bitter, but its not its just how it is, keep an eye out and your see x
  • edited May 2012
    your find on sky poker the bigger stack always seems to mostly win an all in from the start, sounds bitter, but its not its just how it is, keep an eye out and your see x
    Posted by robbie1992
    Yeah this is so true, that's why you never see people get knocked down to like 5BB and then go on to win it...

...oh hang on, that does happen!

I believe in the VLV for March, someone who got a seat was down to a very short stack and managed to beat the Sky system of 'bigger stacks always winning all-ins'
  • edited May 2012

I made my only 2 bluff shoves it 2 games yesterday and both times bb had kk....both won :(

• edited May 2012
    Posted by robbie1992
    okay youve named one example, i bet most players could name 1000 things theyve seen with short stacks and thought if i was at home playing with real cards thats near enough impossiable to happen
  • edited May 2012
    Bad beat, unlucky! To those who think this is a problem with online poker, try the following challenge: Deal just 3 Hold'Em boards bet you see KK get cracked ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Lol big stack rigged ness has to be one of the most hilarious things I've heard

Oh and 1000 hand samples are nothing.  10k hand samples are nothing.  Get a million hand sample of your theory and it MIGHT be worth listening too.

Yet some people do believe and go round stalking tables.  What a life.
  • edited May 2012
    Oh come on this shows it is clearly rigged KK is a 100% cert to win not this make believe 66% sky has made you all believe!
  • edited May 2012
    Bad beat, unlucky! To those who think this is a problem with online poker, try the following challenge: Deal just 3 Hold'Em boards bet you see KK get cracked ;)
    Posted by step7
    I dealt 10 is got cracked once so thats nonsense
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins : Yeah this is so true, that's why you never see people get knocked down to like 5BB and then go on to win it... ...oh hang on, that does happen! I believe in the VLV for March, someone who got a seat was down to a very short stack and managed to beat the Sky system of 'bigger stacks always winning all-ins'
    Posted by Lambert180
    i think railtard was down to the felt 2 or 3 bigs and managed to win his way to a vegas package...
  • edited May 2012
    robbie

either give up the game now because it will kill you

or grasp the fact percentage underdogs will win sometimes but lose more often than not

as scotty said better than me a sample of 1 is irelevant a sample of 1000 is pretty useless 10k++ more likely
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins : I dealt 10 is got cracked once so thats nonsense
    Posted by robbie1992
    If you dealt this hand from the OP and it took ten deals for the KK to get cracked then by your own theories you must be cheating... it should have lost before you had to deal it twice if it loses one in three times... Oh wait, no thats just percentage of times it will lose and that stat balances over thousands of hands of poker, not one in a bottle test. Seriously this game is not for you mate, as you clearly have no grasp of it.

On big stacks vs small. Actually wouldn't surprise me if the big stacks win a larger percentage of the all ins. Why? Well often because short stacks will be shoving with quite wide range, and often the person that makes a call has the stronger hand. Also, someone said above about needing samples of millions.. well you don't really need that many, but you'd certainly need sample size in the region of 100,000 to be getting variance down to some where in the 1% margin area, and in some cases more hands. Not something easy to do on sky as is currently of course. 

The main point is that you as a human CANNOT possibly see and remember the data to see true patterns. You'll see patterns in short sample sizes and trick your brain, which is the curse of most novices at the game, and what leads to most of the "its rigged" type talks/thread etc.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins : If you dealt this hand from the OP and it took ten deals for the KK to get cracked then by your own theories you must be cheating... it should have lost before you had to deal it twice if it loses one in three times... Oh wait, no thats just percentage of times it will lose and that stat balances over thousands of hands of poker, not one in a bottle test. Seriously this game is not for you mate, as you clearly have no grasp of it. On big stacks vs small. Actually wouldn't surprise me if the big stacks win a larger percentage of the all ins. Why? Well often because short stacks will be shoving with quite wide range, and often the person that makes a call has the stronger hand. Also, someone said above about needing samples of millions.. well you don't really need that many, but you'd certainly need sample size in the region of 100,000 to be getting variance down to some where in the 1% margin area, and in some cases more hands. Not something easy to do on sky as is currently of course.  The main point is that you as a human CANNOT possibly see and remember the data to see true patterns. You'll see patterns in short sample sizes and trick your brain, which is the curse of most novices at the game, and what leads to most of the "its rigged" type talks/thread etc.
    Posted by KAM99
    Your obviously a professional by the way you know everything so well done for your achievement and thanks for telling me this game isnt for me aswell that will help me improve  , also i could argue for hours and you could aswell but there will never be a way to prove these issues so stop chatting like you know it for a fact cause you dont and you shouldnt be arrgoantly telling people your view when you dont no anymore then anyone else on here
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins : Your obviously a professional by the way you know everything so well done for your achievement and thanks for telling me this game isnt for me aswell that will help me improve  , also i could argue for hours and you could aswell but there will never be a way to prove these issues so stop chatting like you know it for a fact cause you dont and you shouldnt be arrgoantly telling people your view when you dont no anymore then anyone else on here
    Posted by robbie1992
    Am i a pro? No. Do I know more than everyone? No. Do I know more than you? Thats possible based on your posts, but thats fine if you don't want to listen to it. Most rigged theorists don't want to. My comment about the game not being for you was not meant rudely. Merely that if you think a games not right or not fair etc, why would you be playing it?

As for how I know. Yes I may play here, but I also play other places, and on other sites I can use pokertracker (go google it), which means I can keep a database of ALL the hands i've every played and look at if they are matching up with the the statistics they should do over a large volume. I can see if I'm dealt  hands as often as I should, if they won as often as expected. What the flops were, and if flush draws were making it as often as they should or more so.. How often my PP's are making sets... and so on. Basically I can check anything I want.

So my point is my comments are based on 5-6 years of online play and a whole history of hands. So thats my reasoning being my posts, and from what I can see your basing assumptions on a few hands you remember, right? And no offense by we just can't remember enough for that to work. Only hands poker players remember long term is generally the badbeats.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins : Am i a pro? No. Do I know more than everyone? No. Do I know more than you? Thats possible based on your posts, but thats fine if you don't want to listen to it. Most rigged theorists don't want to. My comment about the game not being for you was not meant rudely. Merely that if you think a games not right or not fair etc, why would you be playing it? As for how I know. Yes I may play here, but I also play other places, and on other sites I can use pokertracker (go google it), which means I can keep a database of ALL the hands i've every played and look at if they are matching up with the the statistics they should do over a large volume. I can see if I'm dealt  hands as often as I should, if they won as often as expected. What the flops were, and if flush draws were making it as often as they should or more so.. How often my PP's are making sets... and so on. Basically I can check anything I want. So my point is my comments are based on 5-6 years of online play and a whole history of hands. So thats my reasoning being my posts, and from what I can see your basing assumptions on a few hands you remember, right? And no offense by we just can't remember enough for that to work. Only hands poker players remember long term is generally the badbeats.
    Posted by KAM99
    Yeah i respect you been playing years and you know more then me but im here to learn, i thought that was the whole point of forums? and i never based it on one hand iv played on other sites and i dont see low percentage things happening as much as it does on here.  Obv it doesnt happen every single time all im sayin is more often then it should, not wiith any particular hands just in general with short stacks against big stacks all in b4 the flop.  I jsut dont understand how people talk like there there no for sure, theres sites that have been banned in the past because they wasnt standard, so never people should never act like they are positive in my view,
  • edited May 2012
    ^ if you are here to learn then you need to stop pedalling/believing nonsense. If you believe that noone can prove the math of poker and that certain things always happen online against the odds then you'll never improve. How can you get better if you just think 'oh KK will get cracked cause it never wins' - this can actually lead some people to throw away premium hands out of some sort of superstition. I've had quads roughly 10 times in the last 4 days*. That's probably a skewed statistic based on freak chance, it definitely doesn't mean that quads happen more often on skypoker.

*more than half of these were where i've folded pre with pairs after a big raise/other random things such as K7 off and flopped KKK.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: KK issues. What is it with KK on-line. Never wins : Yeah i respect you been playing years and you know more then me but im here to learn, i thought that was the whole point of forums? and i never based it on one hand iv played on other sites and i dont see low percentage things happening as much as it does on here.  Obv it doesnt happen every single time all im sayin is more often then it should, not wiith any particular hands just in general with short stacks against big stacks all in b4 the flop.  I jsut dont understand how people talk like there there no for sure, theres sites that have been banned in the past because they wasnt standard, so never people should never act like they are positive in my view,
    Posted by robbie1992
    Honestly I've not played this site long enough, nor do I have the ability to access hands as well on here with no software to crunch the numbers on big enough volume of hands. That said it would make no sense to rig the software to have short stacks lose more often, so would be pointless to do. Often rigged theory is that it would end tournaments faster so people play more of them, but the fact is if you look at how long tournaments last they will be fairly uniform due to the fact the blind structure controls how long they normally last.

Also, in lot of cases with short stack vs big stack the races can be close ones, or not that big of a difference in equity. IE you may have AJ+ vs 55 or similar for around 50-50 flip. Or KQ vs 89 for 60-40 race, or even in a dominated situation of AKos vs A5os you are only looking at 70-30 race, which means you are going to see the favourite win or lose often enough. I know the lowest I've come back from to win a fairly small field MTT (280 players) was 65 chips where i won five shoves in a row to get back to a chip stack i could play with.

We often do remember patterns that aren't there when remembering over short volumes of hands, which is all the human brain in a normal person is able to do. We may think we see patterns, but we aren't seeing enough hands to make a real basis for this as actual fact. However, if you aren't satisfied with the RNG here, then can always play elsewhere, but think every poker site I've played on has had a forum full of "its rigged" posts.
  • edited May 2012
    I have e-mailed Sky. They are looking into the matter.
  • edited May 2012
    If Sky wants to fix it and deal me KK every hand for a year I'll happily test the theory for you all, I'll even up my buy in's and play the Vegas Final and all high rollers - that's how dedicated I am to you all.

Let me know Sky - I'm happy to be that massive underdog.