You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this poker?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Lately iv spent lots of time playing and revising everything to do with poker, videos, books, tv channel. yesterday i played three 11 dym , and two 22 dym, i doubled my money on 4/5 of them. Today i lost an 11 dym, a 22 dym and £20 in cash tablle.  I was playing for 2 hours on a cash table and the one card i actually liekd was aces which i made a decent amoutn from, i got so bored of awful cards and constant flops that missed so i wrote down the cards i got, out of 124 hands i got to see the flop on 14 and won 6 (3 by bluff).  Is this really poker? cause today i was so bored it wasnt enjoyable, how can you make money when its like this?
Please share opinions and you own stories so i dont believe this is how it is because today was more like a chour then a hobby

thanks

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I remember a pro I heard once saying "If your not bored at the tables sometimes you're playing to many hands."... This was definately the case in the days of having to play live all the time, and more so if its a bunch of boring people at your table. That said if you are bored on one table, try playing more than one. Course you don't want to play more than you can focus on without overly hampering your play, but its a good way to avoid boredom.

Funny, one of the game types I used to love on fulltilt (before their issues) was rush poker as even playing just one table you always had a hand. Soon as you folded you were ported to another table and dealt a new hand. Was fun, and not having to wait for full hands to finish. Still cant do that here, so just a case of be bored playing one or play some more so that you can be looking at lots of hands at same time.