You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT - AQ 3bet OOP and miss.....

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
New player to me no reads.

I 3bet pre with view of getting it in but he obvz just flats IP :(

Do I have to just give up here or any sort of bet I can make to then fold, maybe just shove?

Also on a side note is flatting OOP here an option this deep?

It's £2.30 BH.

Dudeskin8Small blind 20.0020.001665.00
FeatureBig blind 40.0060.001527.50
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

skyguyFold    
tel1555Fold    
Granty64Raise 120.00180.002570.00
skelton01Fold    
Dudeskin8Raise 340.00520.001325.00
FeatureFold    
Granty64Call 240.00760.002330.00
Flop

• J

Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited May 2012
    yes you can flat pre

420/fold
  • edited May 2012
    Interesting hand! I 3bet pre with view of getting it in but he obvz just flats IPIf you were prepared to do this why not just shove pre? As GT has said you CAN flat pre… BUT as played you’ve gained some valuable info? This early as played, I c/f (I don’t like it but….)
  • edited May 2012
    prefer flat pre oop
  • edited May 2012
    Think this early I'd maybe just flat as well preflop, as being OOP I really don't want a bloated pot and a missed board at this early a stage. Also any Cbet with your stack is going to leave you with a fairly short stack. Think either you try that route, or if you were prepared to get it in preflop shove and hope he missed, or C/F. Think some of that might depend on villian but as you have no reads its difficult spot. You'd think if he had hands like AJ, KJ etc he would fold to 3bet as likely dominated by hands you holding. Also, if he had JJ or above maybe he shoves or 4bets preflop. If he is that wise then a shove be hard to call, but depending on the stakes and how early it is he may not be and could have called with anything. 

Been known to use all those options, so guess for me depends how i feel at the time. Think I'm most likely to shove or C/F though at this point. 
  • edited May 2012
    On the flatting pre could someone give all the pro's and con's of both plays as I always wonder which is the best line to take especially when stacks start getting toward that dodgy area and often feel I could be making mistakes, for example AK 3betting here would be total standard but hands like AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ even TT/JJ always get annoying post when you miss/see overs....
  • edited May 2012
    i flat pre here due to the stacksizes
  • edited May 2012
    You can shove pre.....

That's what I'd do. Bet now, he should fold loads on this board. 
  • edited May 2012
    Erm tricky one, prob with stacks oop flat is better just tho. could shove but not loving that

as played i prob bet 350-400 fold, sux but tricky spot, aggressive route would be to shove but again i dont think its very good and a bit too much risk/reward