You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1-£1.50 Satellite....Yes or No????

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all,
For the 2nd time this week i have won myself entry into a major tournament. For just £1 this afty i progressed thru two stages and now find myself in the final of the 12K BH tonight.
Are these tournaments easy to win? or is my game good, without blowing my own trumpet.
I wouldnt dream of paying £22 £33 for a tourney, no not cause im tight i hear you say, just my budget as a single parent of 18 & 19 yr old son's doesnt accomodate such thrivelous spending.
I would like to thank whom ever allowed u less fortunate the chance to compete in higher stakes.
So Yes to more sats i say....
xx

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Hi Amanda

Well done on qualifying for the final of the bounty hunter tonight.  

The satellites are a great idea as many people cannot afford the buy in to major tourneys so enjoy the chance to gain entry through a cheaper route.  You obviously have a decent game so i would say that your ability is better rather than it simply being a case that the standard in satellites is lower.

Enjoy the game tonight

Ray  
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck 4 2nite borobabe,lucky you ive paid £22,lol NO these are not easy to win at all.BEWARE the real tourny though it is a totally diff game.best of luck 4 2nite
  • edited November 2009
    its very fast and aggressive, try and at least stay at average stack.  sit back and you will be a sitting duck.

gd luck
  • edited November 2009
    Aw, thanks vm for the advice ppl, appreciate it.
    Will take it allon board, hope to see you there.

Thanks Ray also. Appreciate it.

xx

PS ME NO SITTING DUCK lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to £1-£1.50 Satellite....Yes or No????:
    Hi all, For the 2nd time this week i have won myself entry into a major tournament. For just £1 this afty i progressed thru two stages and now find myself in the final of the 12K BH tonight. Are these tournaments easy to win? or is my game good, without blowing my own trumpet. I wouldnt dream of paying £22 £33 for a tourney, no not cause im tight i hear you say, just my budget as a single parent of 18 & 19 yr old son's doesnt accomodate such thrivelous spending. I would like to thank whom ever allowed u less fortunate the chance to compete in higher stakes. So Yes to more sats i say.... xx
    Posted by borobabe09
    18 and 19 year old sons? That must be a very old photo of yourself, because you dont look old enough lol. (see i can be nice everyone)
  • edited November 2009

theyve had £1 satillites 4 ages havnt they.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: £1-£1.50 Satellite....Yes or No????:
    In Response to £1-£1.50 Satellite....Yes or No???? : 18 and 19 year old sons? That must be a very old photo of yourself, because you dont look old enough lol. (see i can be nice everyone)
    Posted by loonytoons
    You old smoothy loony, gl 2 nite boro
  • edited November 2009
    lol loonytoons, flattery will get you no were.....pic taken bout 4 months ago on 1 of my reg girly nights out.
    Thanks ozzie08, was singing your praises to PILLOWMAN ystday after you rained me in in the tourney. Good advice take.
    Thanks All
    xx
  • edited November 2009
    Always good when satelites pull off. Makes you enter the tourny for what feel liks nothing therefore your not as scared to get invovled in a few pots, quite a good thing if it's a bounty hunter also.

Good luck.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi all, finished 388th in the BH, for my 1st big 1 i am relatively happy, room to improve. I did play The Shed along side it and finished 57th out of 1942 so paid place which is not bad for a free tourney.....Happy happy all in all, no major dissapointment.
    Better luck nxt time.
    xx