You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

most enjoyable tournament i've played

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I played in the posters freeroll last night, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.  The chat was great fun and everyone played in a really positive spirit.  it also seemed like players were popping in on tables to say hi etc, and to rail each other.  bad beats and outdraws were taken in good spirit, and there was no complaining in the chat box.

Thank you to all the players in the tournament, particularly those that i sat with, for making it such good fun, and for making me feel so much more a member of the community.

See you all on the tables

Ray

Comments

• edited November 2009
    very good game buistyfully njoyed being on your table.

Sorry forhitting that queen on the rivr to better your two pair by the way.
  • edited November 2009
    agreed, was v.enjoyable
  • edited November 2009
    The Poster's is always a great laugh. Love it for the banter!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi the don

Enjoyed your company at the table too.
    To be honest, i dont even recall the hand you are referring to, but I couldnt have any complaints as i got lucky a few times myself.  I recall hitting the king on the river against achill, to beat his pocket pair, and the gent he is didnt complain.
    Ended up pushing with a-10 and charles called with ak which held up and missed out on the prizemoney.  Not sure whether the all-in move was the right play, any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • edited November 2009
    I think i remember that A - 10 v AK hand your referring to and if i remember it was you who done the pushing which would make the move fully correct in my opinion. If youd called an all in then maybe wrong move  i think. As i once heard Tikay saying theres a differance between calling and pushing, and thats where i went wrong calling an all in on my BB against another shorty with KQ and walked into AJ. both fair pushers short stack but KQ i shouldnt have called with but id already made up my mind that that was the hand and i was wrong
  • edited November 2009
    Not so sure that was a bad play from you.  you were quite short stacked and needed to get some chips soon. Sure, you'd rather get the chips in first, but you were bb and knew you'd only be up against one other hand.  With a few big stacks on the table, there was a fair bit of stealing going on, so you might have been up against a weaker hand just looking to steal your blind.
  • edited November 2009
    think u had 2BB if u folded KQ don, right call imo
  • edited November 2009

thanks. if i remember correctly there was the 4 biggest stacks on that table and 2 lower end stacks and it was the two lower stacks that clashed.

There was alot of stealing and the hand that caught me out was flashflush went all in with AK but hed been doing it alot over that blind level so i called with Q 10 and thats the one that i dont think i recovered from.

• edited November 2009
    Yeah, if you were as low as 2 big blinds, i think it was definitely the right move.  And as it was, you werent that big an under dog either. Would i be right in thinking you'd havde the right odds to call there?
  • edited November 2009
    im not that good an odds player, but i had already made up my mind before 35suited went all in and i think that was the biggest problem. Thanks though guys.

Btw ive asked this in another thread and not had an answer. Who Won the tournament in full? i havent seen a woohoo i won it yet lol.
  • edited November 2009
    scrumdown beat me heads up :(
  • edited November 2009
    i noticed that at the bubble, 35 suited was the shortest stack, and eventually pushed all in. he got two callers so it didnt look good for him, but he trebled up, and i think cashed after that.
  • edited November 2009
    yea he came forth.

And yea i went out before the bubble and i think mine and his stack was two small together to create any real force in my opinion. Although if tebled up thats 15000 - 20000 and then and then whatever you take down after that.

Well done to all those who cashed.

I fully enjoyed the game. This is one of the best events on sky poker by miles. The conversation on it is just simply sensational. Also as a small BR player i like to be able to try my luck against the bigger players and i think i held my own.

Fully enjoyed all the tables i was on and spoke to people who i havent before. I salute sky for introducing this.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: most enjoyable tournament i've played:
    scrumdown beat me heads up :(
    Posted by diablo_pez
    You got 2nd ?!?!?

At least u didnt waste my chips ;)

Now ur my hero!
  • edited November 2009

Hi Ray

Was going to ask what happened last night but see you have already explained.

Just as i posted that message in chat box sainsburys turned up and when i got back you were out.

Was a good tourney, hopefully i'll qualify for next week.

JOHN

• edited November 2009
    cheers john

as i said earlier, i got lucky against your pair, and you were very sporting about it.  i saw you were there later on, which i appreciated, and was one of the reasons i enjoyed the game so m uch and started the thread.  I was doing ok with the luck then ran my ace 10 into flash's ak, and was out. 

Everyone was good company, so i look forward to seeing you at a table again mate.

By the way, just remembered your 4,000/1 or so odds of getting three pocket pairs in a row lol

Ray
  • edited November 2009
    i noticed that at the bubble, 35 suited was the shortest stack, and eventually pushed all in. he got two callers so it didnt look good for him, but he trebled up, and i think cashed after that.
    Posted by Buistyboy
    yup was gutted when i got 2 callers, think if i remmebr i had ak, and it held up, I finsihed 4th for £25.  I was wathcing other table at time and someone posted the buble as about to go so was even more happy to survive.  Was a fantad
    stic tourny (cashing didnt matter) 3rd week ive played it and fopund it really enjoyable every time
  • edited November 2009
    It was a great game by all.
    Always enjoy the banter and, as Buistyboy says, no complaints when the bad beats went down.
    Well done to all that cashed.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: most enjoyable tournament i've played : You got 2nd ?!?!? At least u didnt waste my chips ;) Now ur my hero!
    Posted by phil12uk
    HaHa I might believe u if u didn't sound so shocked... :)