You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Standard NL10 fold

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
yay/nay
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
allybungle Small blind
£0.05 £0.05 £12.93
SARKEE Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £7.99
  Your hole cards
  • J

raggy94 Fold        
rancid Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £10.54
Slider73 Fold        
allybungle Call   £0.25 £0.70 £12.68
SARKEE Call   £0.20 £0.90 £7.79
Flop

allybungle Check        
SARKEE Check        
rancid Bet   £0.68 £1.58 £9.86
allybungle Fold        
SARKEE Call   £0.68 £2.26 £7.11
Turn

• Q

SARKEE Check        
rancid Bet   £1.50 £3.76 £8.36
SARKEE Call   £1.50 £5.26 £5.61
River

SARKEE All-in   £5.61 £10.87 £0.00
rancid

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Nah, I'm not folding. With the Jack, Queen and Ten of spades out, we basically have to put him on Ax or Kx of spades. That's a pretty narrow range of hands really. We've got the third nuts and this all-in is what we were hoping for. Get your chips in and feel stupid if you're beat... It's not stupid though.

Sets, bluffs and lower flushes are in his range as much as the two hands that beat you. Unless you have reads that he's never getting it in with less than the nuts, I think you've got to call.
  • edited May 2012
    Easiest call in poker clinic history!

Hope it's not a bad beat thread.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Standard NL10 fold:
    Easiest call in poker clinic history! Hope it's not a bad beat thread.
    Posted by splashies

Alllllllright say what you mean fella!

Feel bad for folding now ! Seriously is anyone shoving here with worse !

easy fold right - utterly butterly standard
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Standard NL10 fold : Alllllllright say what you mean fella! Feel bad for folding now ! Seriously is anyone shoving here with worse ! easy fold right - utterly butterly standard
    Posted by rancid
    Yes, players will shove here with worse. Players who aren't very good, players who have a set/two-pair and just don't believe you. Players with lower flushes that think you have a set/two-pair or a hand you can't fold.

What's your image like? Do they think you're a super-tight rock? Are the other players even good enough to think about your image?
  • edited May 2012
    lol y u post this u know its a fold only 2 hands beat ya im snapping this of from snapsville nears donksville near donkstown 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Standard NL10 fold : Yes, players will shove here with worse. Players who aren't very good, players who have a set/two-pair and just don't believe you. Players with lower flushes that think you have a set/two-pair or a hand you can't fold. What's your image like? Do they think you're a super-tight rock? Are the other players even good enough to think about your image?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I hear ya loud and clear, I kinda think that random bads are infact bad enough to shove here with better and give us an easy fold
    It's never a bluff! So it's pretty dam polarised, why are they shouting at me to fold ?
    Seriously who bombs river without better ?
  • edited May 2012
    Snap call for me if he has u beat ul :) never folding here 
  • edited May 2012
    update i think alot worse calls here, your overthinking nl10 imo 
  • edited May 2012
    Why play a 2 spade hand when you match them up with 3 more spades?

Would you open JTo in this scenario then?
  • edited May 2012
    Maybe I have wasted your time somewhat -
    I kinda worked out now why oppo sticks all the chips in my face, doesn't know how to play it any other way
    At least it's helped think about life and why randoms bads do this :S
    Maybe oppo thought it would look bluffy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    SARKEE All-in   £5.61 £10.87 £0.00
    rancid Call   £5.61 £16.48 £2.75
    SARKEE Show
    • A

rancid Show
    • J

SARKEE Win Flush to the Ace £15.24   £15.24
  • edited May 2012
    update i think alot worse calls here, your overthinking nl10 imo 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Just trying to understand what's going on inside oppo's head :s
  • edited May 2012
    results dnt matter longterm over 100 times your winning here like 80 per cent of the time my last post was  foldi meant u cant fold its snap call from snapsville 
  • edited May 2012
    Obv just make a note on the villain how they play the nut flush draw.. I think long term you should be winning here alot of the time for it to be profitable, does seem weird them shoving the river? but i still think there are plenty of hands we beat which turn up here @ nl10 possibly can fold a worse flush but not J high. 

Its very opponent specific normally but vs a random this is an easy call for just over 50 bigs again if you were deeper or some reads it can be a fold .. ifs and buts :) 
  • edited May 2012
    If I play JT spades preflop one thing I'd like to see is 3 more spades on the board so why then would I bloody fold? lol 

If this is first time you've EVER seen oppo do this just make note for next time it comes up, if this has happened previously you only have yourself to blame, although even then I'm probz still not folding lol
  • edited May 2012

call ainec without very good reads

yes sometimes you will be beat

• edited May 2012
    Be honest.

This belongs in BBV.
  • edited May 2012
    ALWAYS snap calling, make note and move on.   You say shove chips in yer face, but river shove is only slightly over pot size bet.

Even with note on this player, still can't see how we can fold if the identical situation comes up in future - due to stack sizes 
  • edited May 2012
    ALWAYS snap calling, make note and move on.   You say shove chips in yer face, but river shove is only slightly over pot size bet. Even with note on this player, still can't see how we can fold if the identical situation comes up in future - due to stack sizes 
    Posted by simonnatur
    Ok Ok what can we learn from this hand :D

not a lot. never  folding and yeah it's not really bombing :S

• edited May 2012
    Only read OP, am never folding here.

Think oppe will show up very weak (relative to our hand), strong (but not strong enough :P) and with air plenty here (given river line)

I dont really get the line from him tho tbh, I think he is very lucky that you have a hand to call river with as played.  He potentially loses so much value if 4th spade peels