You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£10 DYM biggie draw - how we play this one

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
call or shove
readless on oppo - its just a badger called ted
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jason7 Small blind   100.00 100.00 3972.50
rancid Big blind   200.00 300.00 1975.00
  Your hole cards

ted_badger Call   200.00 500.00 2025.00
JingleMa Fold        
chips196 Fold        
jason7 Fold        
rancid Check        
Flop

• K

rancid Check        
ted_badger Bet   200.00 700.00 1825.00
rancid

Comments

• edited May 2012
    i would donk out tbh

and be happy to get it in

as played c/r and get it in
  • edited May 2012
    Open shoving here is fine as its a dym format we have 10 big blinds open ended with a flush draw if we lead for 200 and get called and the 2 of diamonds comes off what we going to do then get your money in.
  • edited May 2012

Yeah got to all go in here. Even if he has the king you are ahead, and his weak bet on flop could just be a weak attempt to take it, or maybe even to entice you to shove. Either way I'm happy getting it all in here, as still plenty left in, and not that comfortable a chip stack to sit back and hope others go out or I get better hands. Least thats my thoughts, but DYM not a game I play loads of.

• edited May 2012
    In Response to £10 DYM biggie draw - how we play this one:
    call or shove readless on oppo - its just a badger called ted 
    Posted by rancid

:D

Not sure how much fold equity you have against this particular badger!

I don't know if that means you should play differently in this spot or not.....?
  • edited May 2012
    It's probz good getting it in but if he has ANY King I doubt he folds much (limp calling pre UTG with 11bbs, he ain't doing that to fold top pair lol) and in that scenario you're a fave but at best like 56% which ain't super great when you need to win 55% to break even. 

For me it really depends on reads that they often limp and minbet flop ALL the time with ALL hands which means more chance he has no hand.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: £10 DYM biggie draw - how we play this one:
    In Response to £10 DYM biggie draw - how we play this one : :D Not sure how much fold equity you have against this particular badger! I don't know if that means you should play differently in this spot or not.....?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Do badgers ever fold />?

limp UTG gotta be very bad or very good badger - is it a weak badger who limps UTG or a very strong badger -
    so i check it over thinking very bad badger will min bet and very strong badger will bet also  ) so I shove it in badgers eye, badger licks his privates and calls and shows KJ - meh - silly weak badger

I miss everything :S

I read some people say lead, but surely this doesn't let weak badger bet and give us easy chipage
    Also happy getting it in versus AA/KK -

but like Dudeskin states above is our small percentage edge enough in a DYM, this I am doubtful
    Can't see how we fold though,  me thinks we got lots of FE in this spot versus all weak animals and not just badgers

• edited May 2012
    I probably jam, expecting to take the pot down most of the time. I'm not "happy" being called but it's not a disaster either. This is always a tough one in DYMs for the reasons Dudeskin mentioned.
  • edited May 2012

Can you open jam the flop?

Think if he never folds, then getting it in is a mistake?  As he sometimes has better draws than us/sets/pair&draw combos.....(KThh/KJhh/KQhh etc)

Open jam or c/f against this guy imo, just not confident he will fold enough/ever. 
  • edited May 2012
    Also you still have 2000 left if you fold and from experiance that was always a very stable stack size and certainly not in panic mode, if we had like 1000 I'd be much more inclined to possibly 'gamble' at this stage as my equity for DYM as a whole would be pretty low. 
  • edited May 2012
    Can you open jam the flop? Think if he never folds, then getting it in is a mistake?  As he sometimes has better draws than us/sets/pair&draw combos.....(KThh/KJhh/KQhh etc) Open jam or c/f against this guy imo, just not confident he will fold enough/ever
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Really, you don't think limp w/10bigs in a DYM will ever fold

The problem I have is when oppo min bets, how often has oppo got to have hit the flop
    To limp then bet when checked to on the flop would suggest oppo has hit, surely this passive it's either big hand or hit/miss flop -

Mayb I can c/f here as oppo will imo miss and bet less often than holding a hand pre or hitting flop and betting

Think it's a c/f, oppo is folding <15%~
  • edited May 2012
    c/f flop cant be that bad in a dym

Id be tempted if you want to play high variance to jam it in pre, think you would get more folds than if you crai this flop and you will still be like only 50% on this board. I assume everyone hates that though and its prob bad in a dym
  • edited May 2012

My gut feel is based on history with the player (altho that is when playing HU).

What about c/c 1 and c/f turn if you miss?

Hard analysing it from your readless P.O.V when I have my own feel for the villain....

Spose c/c readless is bad, as you don't expect to get value if you get there, so I dunno.

Still open jam or c/f imo. 
  • edited May 2012

c/c the min bet

don't like open shoving but i don't think it's that bad
  • edited May 2012
    c/c the min bet don't like open shoving but i don't think it's that bad
    Posted by SHANXTA

really Shanxta, 10 bigs c/c flop - thought about that and just didn't like it in a DYM with 10 bigs :S
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: £10 DYM biggie draw - how we play this one : really Shanxta, 10 bigs c/c flop - thought about that and just didn't like it in a DYM with 10 bigs :S
    Posted by rancid
    10 bb's aint that short in a dym
  • edited May 2012
    My gut feel is based on history with the player (altho that is when playing HU). What about c/c 1 and c/f turn if you miss? Hard analysing it from your readless P.O.V when I have my own feel for the villain.... Spose c/c readless is bad, as you don't expect to get value if you get there, so I dunno. Still open jam or c/f imo. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    any1 thats bad enough to limp utg with 11bbs and then makes a pair, or still has a pair, don't normally fold
  • edited May 2012
    True Shanxta 10 bigs ain't that shallow in a DYM, do agree with oppo never folding if limp/hitting TP
    c/c would be ok i guess, considering we avoid the higher variance lines of open shoving or c/r and we get paid if we hit 100%

@GT - yeah shoving pre was a considertaion but I had no idea what oppo limps, do now though )

so c/c or c/f

leaning towards c/c now )
    See this is why playing DYM's is so peverse )

• edited May 2012
    Moral of the story : Don't #### with badgers.
  • edited May 2012
    i would donk led 400 and if u get caled try get showdown chep if u misss on turn but if u get shoved with 400 donk lead snap call
  • edited May 2012
    bandini made me lol

idcu your post makes no sense to me
  • edited May 2012
    i talk 2022 poker thats y innit u wouldnt get it :)
  • edited May 2012
    Only read OP.

I lead flop given limpage with view to get it in.

We start hand with 10bigs, flop OESFD?  happy days.