You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

standard shove on the flop?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceawb82Small blind £0.02£0.02£3.38canny1961Big blind £0.04£0.06£2.07 Your hole cardsJJ   bezza1908Call £0.04£0.10£1.86SwogRaise £0.22£0.32£3.78sdpdFold    awb82Call £0.20£0.52£3.18canny1961Call £0.18£0.70£1.89bezza1908Fold    Flop  8710   awb82Bet £0.70£1.40£2.48canny1961Fold    Swog
doubt he has set/straight or he'd do the ''check min raise thingy'' If he has 2 pair so be it, i have 2pr/straight/set outs.
I think i can easily get value from straight draw/top pair here as they ain't floding after donk potting the flop!
Standard?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    a donk bet in a multiway pot is often a strong hand
    readless it's tough - I don't mind calling and re-evaluating the turn and getting it in on a safe card

• edited May 2012
    reraise to like 0.65 pre looking to get it in with these stack sizes.  We are looking to get it in on the flop after you smooth called on this flop if he is a bigger overpair good luck to him get it in
  • edited May 2012
    Not sure I'd overly credit villian with a strong hand, as while yes a donk bet can mean the got a hand and they want to protect it in a multiway pot you often just find its people that don't understand the "check to the raiser" theory of poker and deal with his cbet, and quite often they just hit a flop in some way and come out betting. Would he come out firing pot sized with J9 or 69? I doubt it, but certainly I think its possible he has 10x or two pair in this spot. So while I may hate a river card think I may peel one here and evaluate what villian does on the turn. If over card comes and he barrels again then good chance that takes the 10x out of his range unless he has shown he can bet second pair aggresively before maybe.

I'm not a huge advocate of playing for full stacks with top pair, but of course got to be willing sometimes. Couldn't see on the picture sadly how much both of you had left behind, so makes it more difficult to say for sure what I'd do in this spot. Either way I think I do peel one off and see what his action is on turn, and maybe get it in there if he shows a sign of easing off pot size bets that may mean he has 10x and is worried he got a call.
  • edited May 2012
    I'm not flatting here, we raise pre with JJ and pray for this board (overpair), so for me raise to like £2 and don't fold. 

People with not much experiance often go crazy with TP, overplaying it etc (I know TP at NL4 is the nuts for good players too lol) and would not be surprised to see almost ANY Ten here, also you have 4 9's if he has a set plus more redraws if he has 2pair. 
  • edited May 2012
    versus this effective, just shove it in
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    Only read OP.

Nice chunky bet size pre.

Dont love the flop/action but am happy to get it in.  W/out a huge soulread its pretty much our only bet given stacks once he donks pot.

More ppl would fire large here with made hand than you may think.
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for the replies,
    I shoved and got called by 72dd. (middle pair)
    He hits runner runner for the flush.

Happy in all with my play!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: standard shove on the flop?:
    Thanks for the replies, I shoved and got called by 72dd. (middle pair) He hits runner runner for the flush. Happy in all with my play!
    Posted by Swog
    Nope, bottom pair! lol

Just goes to show how much value there is at NL4 ;)