You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

question for those who where in the posters freeroll

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Just a quick question asking how i played.

I felt really good about how i played, some of the best online for a while in my opinion but i would like someone elses opinion.

As most of you know ive been taking time to reflect over my recent performances and Tuesday night live i played sensational comming second despite not having that many hands to play with but when i did i won big fortunetly and came second. Then going on to win a side table taking everyone out except for one person myself.

However online and live is differnt so just woundering if anyone could suggest where i still need to reflect.

Thanks,

Don

Also Flashflush i know you will mention my all in call with Q 10 but you had been doing it alot previously and didnt believe you had anything

Comments

• edited November 2009
    hi don

you seemed to play solid poker in general, and finished in a decent position.

The only thing i can think of, and you can correct me if i'm wrong, but i seem to remember you saying something about playing a hand because it was suited.  I cant remember the details but generally, pre flop, your cards being suited or not doesnt make much difference to your hands value.  Maybe thats something to look at mate...

ray
  • edited November 2009
    i dont think i was ever on your table mate but thas a good point made about suited cards! too many people call with any2 cads if they are asuited
  • edited November 2009
    im sure the one you where on about there was when i played a suited Ace which i think most people do. Again in most circumstances this can be a very bad move
  • edited November 2009
    You played solid poker from what I saw. Nobody wins them all m8. Be happy with your performance.
  • edited November 2009
    if you are unsure where its going,

right and wrong for you,

best thing is when you cash or find during the game you are playing well on line ,

note it down on pc, laptop or paper ,

also do this when playing bad ,

these you can refer and study later,

for next time  you play,

but as time goes on you will learn to store this info in that poker head of yours ,

and have easy access to it .

hope this is of help ,

happy hunting m8y.
  • edited November 2009
    DANG-FLABBIT! i just realised that i missed it!Oh yeah,i went to see ricky gervais
  • edited November 2009
    i sat on your table for a while, you played good solid poker , also enjoyed the banter, until you took me out( 15th),well played.
  • edited November 2009
    From what i can remember you played ok m8. The fact you are using peoples images against them is very good. (maybe next time i will have junk ;-))

Try and play in position and put out bets when people are checking. Don't play too many hands unless you are big stacked and bullying. If you start to get short dont be afraid to go all in if it folds to you, remember you can go all in with anything, they need a hand to call you. Poker is all about timing
  • edited November 2009
    For the time that you were sat next to me you didn't do much wrong that i can remember. You were not shy of raising the sb when it was folded to you thereby putting me to the test with my bb. Keep on doing what you doing and you'll not go to far wrong. Hope i've been a bit of help.
  • edited November 2009
    did  not  do  much  wrong  the  don take  note  of  what  flash flush  said
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: question for those who where in the posters freeroll:
    For the time that you were sat next to me you didn't do much wrong that i can remember. You were not shy of raising the sb when it was folded to you thereby putting me to the test with my bb. Keep on doing what you doing and you'll not go to far wrong. Hope i've been a bit of help.
    Posted by labrat64
    You're either playing solid poker or riding some variance, however i wouldn't worry about your ability when you've been in the money this frequently :)

MTTs have very high variance, so if your results online aren't matching your live play, i'd put it down to that.
  • edited November 2009

thanks all

I was pleased with my performance but because of a very bad down turn over 3 or 4 weeks i wasnt sure if i had just got lucky a few times. As a result i was wanting some outside influence.

Thanks Flash. Table image is something i was not very good at and over a few days focused on reading about how some people play it. Unfortunetly when i decided your all ins where enough you actually had a monster.

Sorry for taking you out chirker (cant actually mind i did it) but i mind being on your table and enjoyed the chat.