You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£22 BH, deep facing a cold 4bet from unknown big stack

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I probably level myself into thinking he's trying to isolate the short stack, shove, and go out when he turns up with Aces.

Comments

• edited May 2012

The bigstack has just literally sat to my left a few hands ago and done nothing of note until this.  I have zero reads on him consequently so i have no idea how he got his chips.

Is a fold too tight here? Am i always to assume that a cold 4 bet is AA or KK? 

Thoughts please?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxxx Small blind  150.00 150.00 58081.25
    launder Big blind  300.00 450.00 14037.92
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

smartca627 Raise  600.00 1050.00 3927.50
    vasilyev11 Fold     
    gb2408 Fold     
    GREGHOGG Raise  1500.00 2550.00 21970.00
    xxxx Raise  4950.00 7500.00 53131.25
  • edited May 2012
    Funny pingu's post wasn't ther when I was about to type this, but he has same thinking as me. This could easy be a big stack putting a  medium stack in a bad spot while trying to isolate the shorty, and more so with it being a BH. Did the short stack go all in before you acted?

So think on lot of occasions cold 4bet pre would really polarise his range its possible its not on this occasion, and like pingu I likely talk  myself into a shove and then kick myself when he turns over AA or KK. 
  • edited May 2012

3bet bigger imo (EDIT: ignore, wasnt paying proper attention to stacks)

Doubt its a squeeze with air when he makes it so big and a shorty in the hand, but can be isolating with worse or just a spewtard enough to make it a call imo. Peole flat here with KK+ sometimes too, esp as betting is reopened if shorty jams

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BH, deep facing a cold 4bet from unknown big stack:
    Funny pingu's post wasn't ther when I was about to type this, but he has same thinking as me. This could easy be a big stack putting a  medium stack in a bad spot while trying to isolate the shorty, and more so with it being a BH. Did the short stack go all in before you acted? So think on lot of occasions cold 4bet pre would really polarise his range its possible its not on this occasion, and like pingu I likely talk  myself into a shove and then kick myself when he turns over AA or KK. 
    Posted by KAM99
    The shortstack folded

I also considered jamming obv and thinking he was trying to isolate the shortie/play back at me. But without reads i was in a tough spot. So i decided to fold until i knew more about him.

I considered flatting but again when he fires out on the flop ive still got the same decision, and less chips behind to help me. Ive either gotta go with the hand or not imo.

I do detest folding QQ in a BH tho. I wanted to press All in.
  • edited May 2012
    all in if he has kk or aa so be it i think he just wants another bounty so isolating small stack all in for me 
  • edited May 2012
    even tho I never ever fold here....cold 4s are so so uncommon on Sky that I don't even think they turn up with JJ/AQs here.  like AK only hand we are beating.

I don't mind the fold....I wouldn't tell anyone about it tho :P