You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - Thoughts on how I played this?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Is the fold on the turn correct? Looking to get value from anyone with an underpair to my Jacks, but when I got check/raised and the other guy calls, I thought that I'm never ahead here. Should I check back the turn?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JamieReyesSmall blind £0.10£0.10£60.17
riboBig blind £0.20£0.30£18.18
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

coombes01Fold    
JackAndAceFold    
EvilPinguRaise £0.60£0.90£20.09
JamieReyesCall £0.50£1.40£59.67
riboCall £0.40£1.80£17.78
Flop

• K

JamieReyesCheck    
riboCheck    
EvilPinguCheck    
Turn

JamieReyesCheck    
riboCheck    
EvilPinguBet £1.00£2.80£19.09
JamieReyesRaise £2.90£5.70£56.77
riboCall £2.90£8.60£14.88
EvilPinguFold   

Comments

• edited May 2012
    well pps prob call flop bet also but dont mind the flop check

turn you gotta fold readless imo, though both their lines are weird, you may be ahead sometimes
  • edited May 2012
    definitely fold turn, though i would have fired at flop even against 2 opponents
  • edited May 2012
    yeah what sim said mate, fire out on flop, see what response you get, as played just fold
  • edited May 2012
    i would c bet dry flop almost 100 per cent if u get called obv some 1 has king 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Thoughts on how I played this?:
    i would c bet dry flop almost 100 per cent if u get called obv some 1 has king 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    so why bet?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Thoughts on how I played this? : so why bet?
    Posted by grantorino
    were in position so id personally cbet 90% of the time, hands like 99 and 88 will probs call. If we get a caller we can always check turn for pot control and reevaluate the river
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Thoughts on how I played this? : were in position so id personally cbet 90% of the time, hands like 99 and 88 will probs call. If we get a caller we can always check turn for pot control and reevaluate the river
    Posted by robyoung
    I think you can go either way with the cbet. My question to idcu was why bet if you think if someone calls they have a king
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Thoughts on how I played this? : I think you can go either way with the cbet. My question to idcu was why bet if you think if someone calls they have a king
    Posted by grantorino
    obv because other hands which still have some equity, fold and worse may call
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Thoughts on how I played this? : obv because other hands which still have some equity, fold and worse may call
    Posted by simonnatur
    read idcus post and my posts. I am asking why bet if you think if you are called its obv Kx

I understand reasons to cbet, and I think you can justify either cbetting or checking back. I dont think worse hands have enough equity against us to make cbetting so they fold good
  • edited May 2012
    to win the pot obv and when it goes check check adn your in position most times jj is good here y check and ace or queen come on turn and u be behind bet when it goes check check alot of times u wil take this pot down 
  • edited May 2012
    I don't have a problem with checking the flop at all, as against 3 its possible one has a king, so get a free card and I may improve to a set, rather than get blown off my hand possible by a reraise. Don't mind a Cbet here either on the flop. Think either or is fine, and check on turn if given the option if Cbet is called. Either or is fine for pot size control, and I'll definately use both to balance my play even if some think you should nearly always cbet a fairly dry board.

As played, seemes like you have to fold. The check raise could have been to test what you were up to believing the 4 can't have helped your hand at all. But a check raise and a call before you, think that says there are better spots, and one is likely on king at least, though of course they could be weridly both on PP's also. Still think with that action fold is best as played.