You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another satellite question

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Huge turbo sat on another site, 730 seats awarded. I won a few big hands early to get me up to a safe-ish stack and I picked up 1 or 2 hands later on to maintain. Due to the turbo structure and everyone maxing their time bar the blinds and antes quickly caught up. With 735 left and hand-for-hand in effect, blinds 1000/2000/200 I'm in the big blind with about 2500 chips. I look down at AQo. A big stack had started going all in every hand a few hands before and he did so again. On the one hand there is a good chance that 5 out of 735 players will be eaten up by blinds and antes during the current hand and I will get the seat by folding. On the other hand, if that somehow doesn't happen then I will be all in in the small blind next hand, and AQo is miles ahead of the atc shoving range. What is the correct move here?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Fold. Such a good chance that you'll get the seat without playing another hand and even if you don't, you could still win the nxt hand and survive. You might be crushing his range but the only question is whether 730 other players can survive across 70-120 tables with monster blinds... Even if we're 70% to win the hand here, we're probably more than 70% to win the seat by folding.