You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have folded?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
on the bubble of a primo sat, the bubble money is just my buy in back.

I am 4/5 and there is a shorty on around 3k but i just couldn't find the fold button here, the blinds were big and the shorty could easily double up........right to call or should i have folded?
w4rlock Small blind  500.00 500.00 9165.00
waller02 Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 6097.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

pumpkin23 Fold     
ST220 Fold     
Jiiimbo Fold     
w4rlock All-in  9165.00 10665.00 0.00
waller02 All-in  6097.50 16762.50 0.00
w4rlock Unmatched bet  2567.50 14195.00 2567.50
w4rlock Show
  • A

waller02 Show
  • K
  • A

Flop

• K

Turn

• J

River

w4rlock Win Three 10s 14195.00  16762.50

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Looks fine to me 
  • edited May 2012
    how can u fold preflop bubble or not stacks are shallow easy shove just unlucky 
  • edited May 2012
    If this is bubble for consolation money, think that's what it is from your post, then you've played it fine as that's not what your playing for and should be kind of disregarded as you want the seat. So call is good. 

• edited May 2012
    If this is the seat bubble and you're already guaranteed your money back then there are arguments for the fold. If there are three seats and this is the bubble to the money, then this is a straightforward call.

I think you can fold this on the bubble if you think the table is playing appropriately tightly and folding anything but premium hands. With 6BB, you'll still have plenty of fold-equity given the other stack sizes and your friend with 3BB is basically waiting for you to do something a bit silly and call off your stack.

The question is, if you're 70% to win this hand are you more than 70% to win the seat if you fold? I'm not sure your chances are quite that high with only one stack shorter than yours but the fact that you can't guarantee that you are 70% and could be racing or even way behind makes this a fold for me. I'd wait to see what happens to the short stack. He has to make a move before you do.

I would basically only call off my stack in this situation with AA and possibly KK. I would be willing to shove a hand like this but essentially, as long as there's a stack that's shorter than mine, I don't have to do anything except maintain my fold equity.
  • edited May 2012
    If seat bubble, tough but probably just about fold.
    If pure bubble (so 3 seats + £££ for 4th), snap it off.
  • edited May 2012
    this was the seat bubble, i was gtd the bubble money which was only my buy in back so not much of a consolation

it was just a tricky spot, i didnt want to fold only to see the shorty double up......but then again i could have folded then watched the shorty get busted next hand, all ifs and buts eh!
  • edited May 2012
    Arguments for and against but for me call.