You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anything wrong with my play here

Please could you review this and advise if I bet right. Blinds 150/300

Self QQ - first to act - chip size 6800 - i'm tight aggressive

Villian K7 - limper into pots & on the button - chip size 2200

I raise pre flop 1200
Called by villian, other 4 players fold 

Flop comes KK4

I raise all in & of course get called losing 2200. Then he writes chuckles and thanks me for my chips grrrrr!!!

Was it a reasonable play on my part or was there anything else I should do here

Cheers

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Anything wrong with my play here:
    Please could you review this and advise if I bet right. Blinds 150/300 Self QQ - first to act - chip size 6800 - i'm tight aggressive Villian K7 - limper into pots & on the button - chip size 2200 I raise pre flop 1200 Called by villian, other 4 players fold  Flop comes KK4 I raise all in & of course get called losing 2200. Then he writes chuckles and thanks me for my chips grrrrr!!! Was it a reasonable play on my part or was there anything else I should do here Cheers
    Posted by kalooki8
    Flop pot size was 2850 including blinds, so yes I'd be shoving here when he only has another 1k, most of the time he doesnt have a king and you're way ahead. His preflop call was horrible, you were both pot comitted at this point.
  • edited November 2009
       Very simple hand to deal with. The 4xBB raise under the gun is fine and would seriously require a big hand to call. The caller was prepared to call with K7 for just over half of his stack just to see a flop. To my mind that is just rank bad play. Any continuation bet you fire after the flop would put him all in so you did absolutely nothing wrong there.

This is just one of those situations where somebody gets rewarded for playing badly.Just remember that you played it well and these are the types of bad calls that you want so keep your head up and keep playing like that.

I would have had more respect for the villain in this hand if he had reraised you preflop and asked the question of you
  • edited November 2009
    u  raised  the  right  amount   kalook  i8  4  times  the  big  blind  your  mistake  was    going  allin  on the  flop   bad  call  by  the  player  he  hit   had  one  over  card 
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks all - with him calling I perhaps should have believed he had ace King or higher but because of his stack size and there were 2 K's on the flop I took that chance. I would rather have lost to AK not a call from K7 as I'm ok with myself if I lose to a better player.
  • edited November 2009
    If you check and he bets are you going to believe he has the K? Probably not! Are you going to call his all-in? Yep.

You may as well just stick the chips in by pushing.

It's just unlucky.

• edited November 2009
    Yes shuv pre flop,,imo,,qq will only win 1/3 of the time preflop...over 60% against u. they goto have something to call
  • edited November 2009
    you were right, even if you checked he still would've shoved hoping you didnt call.

K7 is a terrible call though
  • edited November 2009
    Standard play, you will win here so often by committing shorties to the pot when they hold carbage. Not sure if I necessarily agree with opening 4xBB at this stage of the tourney though (especially if this is a Sky tourney) because usually the average stack of the field is relatively small compared to the blinds. In position I open for 2.5xBB and Utg (as we are here) perhaps 3 or just fractionally over maybe 950 in this example. It will still have the same effect as the 1200 dues to the average stack of the field and will save you some nice valuable chips.
  • edited November 2009
    Good advices here - I hated the call when I have q's or lower that's why I try to put them to bed early. I'm not experienced or confident as yet to out play players post flop. I generally close my eyes and hope - sorry to the purists for this remark