You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really annoyed after this - standard or not?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Just wondering if this is standard or not, should I have played differently?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BlondeeeeeSmall blind £0.02£0.02£0.84
utrinque28Big blind £0.04£0.06£2.71
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

JTB11Fold    
DietChipsRaise £0.14£0.20£1.57
usoges24Call £0.14£0.34£4.37
clubhammerFold    
BlondeeeeeFold    
utrinque28Call £0.10£0.44£2.61
Flop

• J

utrinque28Bet £0.12£0.56£2.49
DietChipsCall £0.12£0.68£1.45
usoges24Fold    
Turn

utrinque28Bet £0.24£0.92£2.25
DietChipsRaise £0.48£1.40£0.97
utrinque28Call £0.24£1.64£2.01
River

utrinque28All-in £2.01£3.65£0.00
DietChipsAll-in £0.97£4.62£0.00
utrinque28Unmatched bet £1.04£3.58£1.04
utrinque28Show

DietChipsShow
  • A
  • A

utrinque28WinThree 9s£3.31

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Yes you can play this differently

raise more pre at 4nl (at least 5x- 20p)

raise flop for value, jacks pay you as do flush draws, as does 99 probably at this level.

raise turn more as played and look to get it in

on the river, as played, you have too much in the pot , in relation to your stack to fold

Also sit with 100 big blinds

The result may well have been the same, but you defo need to try to get more value from your made hands by raising and betting bigger. Hope this helps
  • edited May 2012
    got yourself into trouble tbh.

the flat call on the flop when its draw heavy is bad, min raise on turn is bad, river is unlucky. result may have ended up the same if the opponent was a calling station but you could defo could have done your part better
  • edited May 2012
    I had been sat with 100BBs but as you can guess I hadn't been playing very well, so I ended up losing 100BBs

Really annoyed with myself, looking back I could have done much better. It's just when it comes to it I always do the wrong thing. Nevermind though, I'm still learning and I haven't spent a penny yet. All the money that I have lost has come from what I have won, which has come from free entries and a free bet. 

Going to have to focus and get my head down!
  • edited May 2012
    raise bigger pre raise flop raise bigger turn 
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah as others said, the loss was your play more than luck going against you. Likely you raise flop you take it down there unless he is a calling station, and with such a draw heavy board its not wise to overly slow play AA. Min raises suck generally, get them out of your game for now. They do have uses, but on the whole min raises suck as you just give them odds to call with any draw etc. Assume you did it because you thought you were ahead and didn't want to scare him off, which is often way big pairs get played by newer players. Key thing is AA is still ONLY a pair, and is only ahead preflop. Each card after that drops chance of being ahead, and so playing them to slowly can often let you get sucked out on.

So yes he got lucky, but you let him get there to be honest. Don't let advice etc make you feel badly about your play either (just in case you do), as its awesome to put your hands up to get feedback on, and a great learning tool often, even if sometimes the advice might conflict. :)
  • edited May 2012
    It doesn't make me feel bad, I like getting feedback as it's kind of personalised tips on how to improve my play. I can't say it has worked so far but that's just because of me ahahh. I'm enjoying learning though and as I've said before the only money I have lost is money I have earnt. It looks like I'm going to have to deposit a little more to play with but I can't complain :D
  • edited May 2012
    Raise more pre.

Raise flop.

Raise more on turn. 

River fine.

Also sit with 100bbs pre. 
  • edited May 2012
    Buy in full

Raise flop

As played jam turn