You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flopped Set 350BB's deep. What now?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

So reads are, player 1 is a TAG fish, reg who is capable of, on occasion, making semi-light call downs and some pretty cool bluffs. He 5b shoved 86cc into my KK once (wasn't spewy, was a good shove imo) but haven't seen him get aggressively out of line since. He probably views me as either a spewy fish or a LAGgy reg. Have a bunch of notes but none really relevant to this spot. I've seen him not 3b JJ and TT vs my button/CO opens before, to give an idea of how nitty his general play is.

Player 2 is a very good, thinking, aggressive reg. I have limited history with him but I think he views me similiarly to Player 1. He as been playing kind of TAGgy this session but I know he is capable of good LAGgy plays, and is probably aware of his image. I think he knows who I am and think he knows that I know who he is. Not sure what impact this has but worth mentioning probably.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LadyFingrsSmall blind £0.50£0.50£358.90
Player 3Big blind £1.00£1.50£103.00
 Your hole cards

Player 1Raise £3.00£4.50£476.69
Player 2Call £3.00£7.50£154.37
LadyFingrsCall £2.50£10.00£356.40
Player 3Fold    
Flop

• K

LadyFingrsCheck    
Player 1Bet £6.00£16.00£470.69
Player 2Raise £22.00£38.00£132.37
LadyFingrs???    

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Check/3bet is basically saying "I have a set" to me, or possibly Ax of clubs with a wheel draw or something. It's super strong, and I think if we 3bet and get stacks in here, we're rarely ahead with 222.

If we call, we can expect that P1 gets out of the way a lot of the time, pot will be £60 and P2 has £132 back, so a decent turn bet from him sets up a river shove nicely, I think we can let him barrel and call down.
  • edited May 2012
    I don't see any real way to lay this down, and folding sets is generally just wrong at any time with a board like this. He could easy be reraising with air if he is aggresive, or semibluff with flush draw. Don't see two pair if you say he has been playing TAG. With only KK or 55 beating us I cant really get off this hand ever, as if he had KK I'd have expected a 3bet pre, and maybe even 55 if he was really feeling frisky on the button.

So, at least he has a stack that won't wipe you out, and if you beat by an over set, well it sucks but happens from time to time. So think when i 4bet and he shoves I make a crying call expecting to see 55, but I can't really fold I don't think.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Flopped Set 350BB's deep. What now?:
    Check/3bet is basically saying "I have a set" to me, or possibly Ax of clubs with a wheel draw or something. It's super strong, and I think if we 3bet and get stacks in here, we're rarely ahead with 222. If we call, we can expect that P1 gets out of the way a lot of the time, pot will be £60 and P2 has £132 back, so a decent turn bet from him sets up a river shove nicely, I think we can let him barrel and call down.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Agree.

I play so bad.
  • edited May 2012
    Check/3bet is basically saying "I have a set" to me, or possibly Ax of clubs with a wheel draw or something. It's super strong, and I think if we 3bet and get stacks in here, we're rarely ahead with 222. If we call, we can expect that P1 gets out of the way a lot of the time, pot will be £60 and P2 has £132 back, so a decent turn bet from him sets up a river shove nicely, I think we can let him barrel and call down.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    agreed - what happens if a club comes? what're you really beating then? 
  • edited May 2012
    what do you do with Kx hands or flush draws in this spot?

whatever action you take here is going to look really strong especially with a player still to act behind you.
    i think call />raise
  • edited May 2012
    Player 1 is likely to have a pair of Ks and the 3-bet from player 2 I would have to think about compared to his style of play. For me, it's a call to see what comes out on the turn. If it's a club however and they come with the agression again I would probably re-think and have to sigh fold. Sets are very difficult to make and if P2 has KK pre then I personally think he would be raising.
  • edited May 2012
    what do you do with Kx hands or flush draws in this spot? whatever action you take here is going to look really strong especially with a player still to act behind you. i think call />raise
    Posted by huuuuume

+1

call, they both can be quite wide in this spot so.... meh