You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 - running bad/playing bad

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
 Yo, the last week I have leaked a lot of money 15 bins - trying to fathom where my bad play is

Think it's a combintion of running bad and playing bad, not showing result in this hand but is my play just bad here

didn't have enough reads to know if I should fold or shove
oppo seems ok'ish
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
WarrenG88 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £1.99
Robbo67 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.42
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

BAGGPUSS Call   £0.10 £0.25 £1.40
scrumdown Call   £0.10 £0.35 £18.58
HulkBanana Fold        
rancid Raise   £0.40 £0.75 £10.82
WarrenG88 Call   £0.35 £1.10 £1.64
Robbo67 Fold        
BAGGPUSS Call   £0.30 £1.40 £1.10
scrumdown Call   £0.30 £1.70 £18.28
Flop

• K

WarrenG88 Check        
BAGGPUSS Check        
scrumdown Check        
rancid Bet   £1.20 £2.90 £9.62
WarrenG88 Fold        
BAGGPUSS All-in   £1.10 £4.00 £0.00
scrumdown Raise   £3.60 £7.60 £14.68
rancid All-in   £9.62 £17.22 £0.00

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Pre flop I probably go to 50p or 60p, limper tax ftw.

Can't remember what my notes on the villain say, I'd probably fold though.
  • edited May 2012
    I hate that so many ppl saw the flop, but what are we going to do?  Bin TPGK vs 1 effective stack?  Especially when we can so often be facing flush draws/combi draws.

This many ppl see flop think we can be prepared to see set (22 given pf limp behind) & 2pr, but so doesnt have to be given board texture.  I get it in with Ac9c/10cJc and worse for sure.

Can argue we can flat and see what oppo does on turn as we have pos, but then we have pot of £10 with 7.2 back so likely wont get any easier, plus let draws make their hand cheaper.

So in definitive answer (lol):  I think folding is fine, calling is myeh and shoving is fine.  Reads as always.  If oppos are bad I'm always putting it in, if they are decent or better then likely lean towards fold, take notes and see what he has & showdown vs allin player.

I prob raise bigger pre, even with pos, with the limpage however.
  • edited May 2012
    Bagpuss could have any 2 cards.

Scrumdown has got either 22, 99 or AK. 

It's always easier to fold when we know we're gonna see his hand anyway. So I could fold this easily against this player. 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - running bad/playing bad:
    Bagpuss could have any 2 cards. Scrumdown has got either 22, 99 or AK.  It's always easier to fold when we know we're gonna see his hand anyway. So I could fold this easily against this player. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

readless versus random, we still gotta fold though ? agree/disagree -

• edited May 2012
    yeh, b/f b/f b/f b/f ! 

It's so much easier knowing I'm gonna get to see his hand even if I fold.

Curiosity killed the dohhhhh.

And even if he shows the nfd or whatever u can cheer and fist pump when the draw comes in and feel good about life :)
  • edited May 2012
    yeah could find a fold versus this player imo 

and 2 weeks ago i was running bad and playing bad also lost around 16bi`s(think lost around 4 to you lol) i just took a few days off and came bak last week and won around 21 bi`s back.

but best of luck at tables m8

• edited May 2012
    mmm I seem to have lost my fold button, true b/f all day

• edited May 2012
    tbf rancid, after playing you  over the weekend, your game has changed from last time i played you a mnth ago. pm me if you like.

• edited May 2012
    has it gone from bad to worse pod 1 lol joke in this hand think i would just called the turn y go all in your letting bluffs fold 
  • edited May 2012
    has it gone from bad to worse pod 1 lol joke in this hand think i would just called the flop why go all in your letting bluffs fold 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - running bad/playing bad:
    tbf rancid, after playing you  over the weekend, your game has changed from last time i played you a mnth ago. pm me if you like.
    Posted by pod1

cheers pod, thanks 4 the offer - i'll pm u )

@Donk - didn't think I could get any worse )
  • edited May 2012
    Defo standard bet/fold on flop.