You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what now?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
playing little league here, just wanted to know how to play river? think up till now ok. bet check or raise?
clubhammerSmall blind £0.02£0.02£3.92
stevemug2Big blind £0.04£0.06£3.96
pod1Big blind £0.04£0.10£3.96
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

pod1Raise £0.12£0.22£3.84
BritmicCall £0.16£0.38£2.58
scottarm26Call £0.16£0.54£5.24
roy695Call £0.16£0.70£6.83
clubhammerFold    
stevemug2Call £0.12£0.82£3.84
Flop

• A
  • Q

stevemug2Check    
pod1Bet £0.62£1.44£3.22
BritmicCall £0.62£2.06£1.96
scottarm26Call £0.62£2.68£4.62
roy695Fold    
stevemug2Fold    
Turn

pod1Bet £1.34£4.02£1.88
BritmicCall £1.34£5.36£0.62
scottarm26Call £1.34£6.70£3.28
River

• J

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I make it a bit bigger pre, bigger on flop and shove turn:) river is probs a c/f
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah I make it more like 24p pre (you'll still get callers)

Probably closer to full pot on the flop and shove the turn.
  • edited May 2012
    min 5x pre, this in turn makes your 3/4 pot bet on flop bigger making easier shove on the turn
  • edited May 2012
    It's all good saying what you'd do in the whole hand guys but he also asks for advice on what to do on the river as played ... I'd probably c/c a small bet or a shove from the short stack - if the large stack puts you all in I probz fold

oh and I'd wait for the bb pre
  • edited May 2012
    Firstly, don't post the big blind, just wait.

Raise is to 16p total, I don't think it's horrible but I think 20p is better from UTG, maybe 24p. We're OOP so go a bit bigger. We WILL get called.

Flop is beautiful but vs. 4 opponents, scary. Players can have the FD, and with 4 to the flop, there's about a 20% chance of at least one of them having 2 diamonds. We should be wary of the flush but not paranoid as we still have to bet to protect our set of Queens. 

I actually really like the sizing, because we're stacking off unless a diamond comes and if they've got a flush, we're  probably stacking off anyway. Therefore, by betting 3/4 pot and get several calls from people drawing, we'll actually get more value from multiple flush draws, as we have the same amount of equity in the hand vs 2 flush draws as we do against 1 flush draw.

Turn is the biggest brick ever. I go for a bigger bet than your 1/2 pot, probably same size as the flop bet relative to the pot, so like, £2. At this point, I'm never folding.

River isn't brilliant but it's not a diamond either, so could be worse. I probably go all in as I think at 4NL, people can turn up with any old nonsense. We'll be against Kx sometimes, but can't fold, especially as I would've bet turn bigger so I'd be even more committed.
  • edited May 2012
    you got too much invested in pot so based on that i would just shove it on river wouldnt be 100 percent suprised if some1 turns over king but you just take that as unlucky

on other hand wouldnt be suprised if they both muck

but id shove here as pot too good and i got too much in to fold and next time id take the advice above to avoid this again

best advice some1 gave me on micro stakes is if u have a great hand just scroll the raise bar to a high figure because some1 will pay you no point doing pot raises and so on as most dont know what your doing
  • edited May 2012
    I overbet flop and shove turn.

river is c/f

Also why are we posting the BB UTG ?
  • edited May 2012
    the big blind thing was an oversight, i got 2 monitors and i get 4 on each screen,problem is when i open them up i drag it onto 2nd screen which is ok till i have 4 .after that i open them then sit out and it goes at the bottom of screen till i got 4 open and i bring them all up at the same time, then just click "im back"  on all.
    must be an easier way to get 8 up !!!
    as for betting sizing pre, do you not find it easier/better when multi tablin to have a "standard" bet size regardless of hand strength ?
  • edited May 2012
    Pot flop

Jam turn

C/f river
  • edited May 2012
    yer pre 20-24p maybe more if table full of stations

overbet flop with a view to get in.

c/f river as played 
  • edited May 2012
    bet a lot pre
    bet a lot flop + turn
    sod it stick it your last 30p :S shouldn't really see river - shove that turn baby
  • edited May 2012
    Yep just make your sizing bigger at all stages, this NL4 which means valooooo ;)

Your sizing on the turn especially is quite amazing. 

River horror card, best to save your last £2 for a better spot. 
  • edited May 2012
    any chance someone could tell me , after the flop against 2 players if i jam (not that i would) what % of the time do i win the hand against any 2 cards. tried putting it into calc that i use but it needs there cards as well.
  • edited May 2012

ATC not going to get it in

probs wanna look at ranges of drawing to FD + SD and flopped SD + FD

versus made straight + flushes your 30%

versus draws your 70%

havn't stoved it just guessing