You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was it played right?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i dont often limp in with big hand but with scotty77 behind me who i think may reraise as he can get aggresive. Other reason is on this table for a while everytime any1 has been reraising the other folds. obviously i get full value but what im getting at is these days is it better limping with aces kings to get max value? as if i reraised pre i wouldnt have got anything else
DrRunGood Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £195.50
scotty77 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £110.82
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

style2737 Fold     
batVanKo Raise  £3.00 £4.50 £97.00
DrRunGood Call  £2.50 £7.00 £193.00
scotty77 Fold     
Flop

DrRunGood Check     
batVanKo Bet  £5.25 £12.25 £91.75
DrRunGood Raise  £11.00 £23.25 £182.00
batVanKo Call  £5.75 £29.00 £86.00
Turn

DrRunGood Bet  £18.00 £47.00 £164.00
batVanKo Call  £18.00 £65.00 £68.00
River

DrRunGood Bet  £39.00 £104.00 £125.00
batVanKo Call  £39.00 £143.00 £29.00
DrRunGood Show
  • A
  • A

batVanKo Muck
  • J

DrRunGood Win Two Pairs, Aces and 4s £141.20

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In this certain hand it was played perfect because of you opos cards and the fact he couldnt fold 2nd pair on the river but in the main i would be reraising in that spot almost all of the time.

Btw mate flatting because you think scotty might reraise is wrong imo, if it was a crazy player sitting behind you reraising all the time then poss worth a go especially if you know he will stack off to you but scotty aint stupid and wont fall for things like that and i think things like that are better left to do against lesser players.
  • edited May 2012
    Post flop fine

Pre, I prefer 3 betting , but flatting is ok if scotty squeezes lots
  • edited May 2012
    Arazi Dr rungood just owned me that session!  Just took a stack off me in like 20 quid chuncks!  
  • edited May 2012
    WELL PLAYED BUT YEAH IM RAISING TO ABOUT 8 QUID PRE ON FLOP PLAYED FINE MAX VALUE I KNOW WE DNT GO RESULTS ORIANTATED BUT IF U RAISED PRE WITH 11 U JUST WIN £4.50 AS U PLAYED IT LIKE THIS £141.20 ITS A GAMBLE BUT A GAMBLE PAID OF WELLDONE BRAG POST :) 
  • edited May 2012
    its not a brag post ;) i got alot better hands tht session i could put up as brag its just a thing me and my mates been talking bout the limped aces seem to pay off so much obv if you get beat your in trouble.

your 100 percent correct about scotty but hes so aggresive when he in a hand that with aces i have to give him chance to get in but i only ever played aces like this once.

the player stacked of with 2nd pair but all session he was a rock it was a strange 1.

and scotty your being to nice im sure you will get your cash off me in time you just walked into a table where i was flying. if i walk into a table where you running hot im sure youd end up with my house keys lol
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: was it played right?:
    its not a brag post ;) i got alot better hands tht session i could put up as brag its just a thing me and my mates been talking bout the limped aces seem to pay off so much obv if you get beat your in trouble. your 100 percent correct about scotty but hes so aggresive when he in a hand that with aces i have to give him chance to get in but i only ever played aces like this once. the player stacked of with 2nd pair but all session he was a rock it was a strange 1. and scotty your being to nice im sure you will get your cash off me in time you just walked into a table where i was flying. if i walk into a table where you running hot im sure youd end up with my house keys lol
    Posted by DrRunGood
    so what if he agg, what happens? he 3bets pre, you call/raise. you raise he folds, you call, you get 1 street value (prob) u need very particular players to get excited about, flatting with a big pair with 'agg' player to act after, and scotty is not one of them.