You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK Facing 4 bet shove.................

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Ok so I 3 bet my ak suited then get shoved on.

Villain hadn't been that out of line from what I can remember.

Is this a call or fold????
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Dawson001 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £17.56
donkeyplop Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

xxx Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £19.78
Sngwizkid Fold     
ali943 Fold     
vee123 Call  £0.60 £1.50 £32.40
Dawson001 Call  £0.50 £2.00 £17.06
donkeyplop Raise  £2.00 £4.00 £17.50
xxx All-in  £19.78 £23.78 £0.00
vee123 Fold     
Dawson001 Fold     
donkeyplop ???  

Comments

• edited May 2012
    With an opening raise AND 2 calls, I would probably 3bet a bit bigger, about £3.

However, if you're going to fold AK to a 4bet, don't 3bet in the first place.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: AK Facing 4 bet shove.................:
    With an opening raise AND 2 calls, I would probably 3bet a bit bigger, about £3. However, if you're going to fold AK to a 4bet, don't 3bet in the first place.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    It was a pretty meaty 4 bet though dont you think?
  • edited May 2012
    Kind of see evilpingu's point, but also see yours. Agree I'd 3bet a bit more pre with the calls so they have less odds to come along, but I may consider folding AK at this level to a shove. I think in most cases you're flipping at best from behind, as unless I've seen them shove light with weaker hands I can't see this being AQ or below very often, and more likely its JJ+ as a minimum.

Still that maybe just me as I find AK a sucky hand for me at times and so a little gunshy about getting it all in preflop in cash games. Tournaments I do, but less so in cash games even if I should. Just prefer to play more than gamble in cash games.
  • edited May 2012
    I called by the way as I dind't think he would play aa or kk this way. Opinions?
  • edited May 2012
    my opinion is your call is correct
  • edited May 2012
    I called by the way as I dind't think he would play aa or kk this way. Opinions?
    Posted by donkeyplop

At the very least I would be putting him on a Pocket Pair, which means you are flipping.  I agree I dont think he would play AA or KK that way.

It comes down to the question of do you want to risk another £18 on a flip.  That is a question only you can answer.

What did he have buy the way?

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: AK Facing 4 bet shove................. : At the very least I would be putting him on a Pocket Pair, which means you are flipping.  I agree I dont think he would play AA or KK that way. It comes down to the question of do you want to risk another £18 on a flip.  That is a question only you can answer. What did he have buy the way?
    Posted by JockBMW
    Yeah I guessed I would be flipping vs something like 10s jacks or queens.

Was tilting a bit at time hense the call. Not sure if it's a profitable one long term or not?

I wiill post hand at some point.....................

• edited May 2012
    With an opening raise AND 2 calls, I would probably 3bet a bit bigger, about £3. However, if you're going to fold AK to a 4bet, don't 3bet in the first place.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    This is only true if you think they 4bet more than they flat.
  • edited May 2012