You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 - AK - TPTK

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Can we fold this versus random
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
elpapagal Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £5.40
PinkyPie Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £6.29
elo18564 Sit out        
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

HulkBanana Fold        
rancid Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £17.38
Phil735 Call   £0.40 £0.95 £8.99
elpapagal Fold        
PinkyPie Fold        
Flop

• Q
  • A

rancid Bet   £0.71 £1.66 £16.67
Phil735 Raise   £1.42 £3.08 £7.57
rancid Call   £0.71 £3.79 £15.96
Turn

• J

rancid Check        
Phil735 Bet   £3.79 £7.58 £3.78
rancid             meh

Comments

• edited May 2012
    i would fold min raise = strngth i put him on a q 
  • edited May 2012
    if you reraise the flop you would have your answer if you really think your ahead on flop why stop betting no need to call here

hes betting so strong his hand is screaming out that its strong i would fold dont fall too much in love with ak on this board as this board has hit alot of the villians range that crushes your hand and his bet with his stack size i would say hes shoving on the river so a call he is really a 7 dollar call
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah at this limit this type of raise on the flop is normally a sign of strength on a board like that. AQ or set of 4's is definately possible. Then he goes pot on turn I really think he sees you as having a hand and is looking to get it all in, as he is never folding from this point. Think either i 4 bet flop to really see or give it up unless I have some reads that villian will overplay rag aces, which is also possible sometimes at this level.
  • edited May 2012
    Reraise flop not good imo readless

Fold turn

• edited May 2012
    When you call flop minraise are you just hoping he slows down for cheap showdown or think you have best hand?

On that flop which is bone dry with no obvioius draws (GS possible but unlikely) he probably always has some sort of made hand and for him to raise it's probably better than yours.

However if you call you surely put him on a weaker hand (raising for information) and with stack to pot ratio for his stack you must know it's going in on next two streets so would it not be better to fold flop?

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - AK - TPTK:
    When you call flop minraise are you just hoping he slows down for cheap showdown or think you have best hand? On that flop which is bone dry with no obvioius draws (GS possible but unlikely) he probably always has some sort of made hand and for him to raise it's probably better than yours. However if you call you surely put him on a weaker hand (raising for information) and with stack to pot ratio for his stack you must know it's going in on next two streets so would it not be better to fold flop?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Well the min raise put me in a tought spot, I ain't laying down TPTK to a min on the flop
    Just looking to see what oppo does on turn, I very much doubt oppo bets pot on turn with a hand I am beating :S
    Like you say oppo could be raising for info or raising a weaker Ax- this is fine for me I want to keep oppo in - I think oppo doesn't then bet pot once called on flop if oppo is weak - bit difficult w/o reads tbh
    if oppo bets half pot then I have a tough choice, if oppo checks I am loving my river v/b :S

Just pants though when oppo mins flop, really AQ/Set bruv ! Turn fold is ez given oppo has't got out of line S:
    Then again it could just be a min raise bluff - WHAT! Desperate follow up on turn -
    Is me flatting flop weak or strong ? I wonder what oppo thought :s
  • edited May 2012
    Even if he bets half-pot it's still £1.90 which leaves him £5.67 on river (if you called turn) and with pot then being £7.60 he will usually then follow up with a shove or strong bet.

For me if you call flop you really have to just make a stand and call him down (pot bet on turn or any bet), calling to then fold just doesn't make sense to me, yes AJ got there, if he raised for info on flop, as well as possible KT playing aggro but not much else has changed plus you still have tens as outs ;)
  • edited May 2012
    He won't always barrell turn, and he certainly won't always pot it. Also bad turn as AJ is one of more likely value hands you beat. There is an argument for folding flop, but I think calling ok when he min raises

• edited May 2012
    wp
    can't lay this down to a m/r on flop imo