You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what to do??????

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
this hand is from tonights doublestack.

the villain had been playing a good solid game during the whole 90 mins i had been on the table

i get this hand just after he had lost a big pot to a flush draw......firstly should i be 3 betting my AQ in pos? secondly, what on earth do i do to his shove on the flop???

as he had just lost a 3rd of his stack could the shove be out of pure frustration??? there 120 left and if i win this pot i'm up to the top 10 with a good chance of going deep

so, call or fold?
didalo Small blind  125.00 125.00 3545.00
cowsontilt Big blind  250.00 375.00 16975.00
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

shawsok Fold     
darthwolf Raise  1000.00 1375.00 18373.75
The_Dram Fold     
waller02 Call  1000.00 2375.00 9859.75
didalo Fold     
cowsontilt Fold     
Flop

• A

darthwolf All-in  18373.75 20748.75 0.00
waller02 ???

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Snapcall

Pre don't mind flat, don't mind 3bet
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: what to do??????:
    Snapcall Pre don't mind flat, don't mind 3bet
    Posted by grantorino
    if i'm 3 betting how much....i'm pretty much commiting myself aren't I? so do i 3-bet shove?
  • edited May 2012
    3b or flat pre - as played call shove

• edited May 2012
    doubt id be snap callin, and would probaly lean to a fold just becaause we have loadsa chips and its our tourney life.. i know we called pre an hit a great flop but still a possibility we are behind and hes jus reppin being tilted ... 

like the flat pre but wouldnt like a 3bet pre as it  either opens up to bein 4bet..and also could  fold out alot of worse or dominated hands we want in.. 
  • edited May 2012
    Lose 1/10th of our chips or risk being kicked out of the tournament? I think I just try to convince myself he's representing tilt and actually has something and find a sigh fold. We are comfortable enough if there are 120 runners left and a double up will see us in to the top 10 to sit back a little and wait until we are certain. 

Either way pre I think the flat or a 3-bet are both fine.
  • edited May 2012
    Pre fine, don't fold now.
  • edited May 2012
    if id 3 bet pre would be 2750 roughly but on this flop snap call if your happy to get it in preflop with a q surely ya happy to get it in now on a rainbow flop a high 
  • edited May 2012
    Wouldnt 3 bet pre unless your happy getting it in, it just usually folds out the hands we have dominated and want to keep in the pot. Its a tough one on the flop, i dont mind either folding or calling sounds daft i know. If you want to go on and win the tourney i suggest call and then chuckle to your self when he flips over KK.
  • edited May 2012
    well, i agree that if i wanted to go on and win the tourney then it is hands like these that make or break you i guess......after some thought i did make the call, if i had 3 bet pre then i would be sticking the lot in on that flop anyway

ran into AK and it was on to the next game! ty for your thoughts all....pleased the majority seemed to think the call was the right thing to do