You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Doublestack Main + Mini exit hands

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Mini Doublestack
No notes on this player - Played 2 hands against him before this, limp/folded the SB once and raised the SB once, as well, which I called with QT and folded on an AKx flop to a cbet.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DARK4NIGHTSmall blind 40.0040.005045.00
EvilPinguBig blind 80.00120.003710.00
 Your hole cards
  • A

daiiawnFold    
joggersFold    
pttechFold    
stickz19Fold    
DARK4NIGHTCall 40.00160.005005.00
EvilPinguRaise 240.00400.003470.00
DARK4NIGHTCall 240.00640.004765.00
Flop

• J

DARK4NIGHTCheck    
EvilPinguBet 350.00990.003120.00
DARK4NIGHTRaise 700.001690.004065.00
EvilPinguCall 350.002040.002770.00
Turn

DARK4NIGHTBet 1020.003060.003045.00
EvilPinguAll-in 2770.005830.000.00
DARK4NIGHTCall 1750.007580.001295.00
DARK4NIGHTShow
  • J
  • K

EvilPinguShow
  • A

River

DARK4NIGHTWinPair of Jacks7580.00 8875.00

£5k Doublestack
Again, only at the table for a couple of orbits - Had been very loose, playing a few marginal hands. Previously 4bet Robyoung preflop with QT and got a fold, also raised 86s, called by Robyoung and fired twice on a T8x9x board, both checked the river, he turned over QT. 

Also had a hand against the villain in my exit hand where I made a standard raise with A4, got called, cbet a KQQ flop and got called again. Checked back the turn and check/folded the river.

Basically, been getting dealt loads of marginal hands and playing really loose since being moved to the table. Then had this hand:

<td class="hhamt" style="padding-top:7px;padding-right:5px;padding-bottom:7px;padding-left:5px;color:#666666;vertical-align:middle;font-family:verdana;text-align:right !important;border-image:initial;font-size:0.9em;border-widt
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
EvilPinguSmall blind 30.0030.003000.00
robyoungBig blind 60.0090.005550.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

tank_foldFold    
DirewolfFold 

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Fold to flop minraise in first hand, you have BD FD but not gonna be good a lot unless he has a draw, also if he has SD/FD many of those get there on turn anyway, plus with that turn bet I doubt you have much FE.

Second, pre I presume you 3bet pre for value, flop quite dry so hard for him to hit, you get AQ/AK and maybe lower pairs to fold but all else folding isn't great for you but checking and calling down would be tough. When he calls though he has to have some sort of hand (JT/QT/KT/AT/JJ) with no draws present, 5 is blank so can't see most randoms folding for any bet here so would probably give up with 30bb still left, if turn was decent overcard then it has more impact, understand the 88/99 will fold but they might have just did so on flop.
  • edited May 2012
    played both far to aggresive seems liek u 1 of these players go out early or get a big stack early hand 1 i eould fold to the min raise on flop what are u beating ? and on turn dnt like the all in dark4knight always has something hes a solid player   hand 2 dnt like the 3 bet pre yeah c bet is good but soon as u get called im waving the white flag 
  • edited May 2012
    hand 1 fold to flop m/r readless

hand 2 don't really like the 3b pre without much info on opponents calling ranges/how often they 4b. esp with AJs youve sorta turned your hand into a bluff
    you're trying to predict villains calling range readless? its not really profitable and what happened to you will happen more often than not. postflop your range is polarised and if youve been playing loose - opponents might not believe you and call you down with less
    if you know villain is a station don't try and bluff him

I'm as much as a fan of calling a 3b w/ K10s with a monster stack in position as I am 3betting w/ AJs oop
  • edited May 2012
    asking a lot for oppo's to fold with your image
  • edited May 2012
    1. Fold flop

2. Flat pre, stacks pretty awkward and its marginal at best anyway.  turn you get called by lots worse than KT imo
  • edited May 2012
    1. as played id fold flop.

2. not a good turn and everything thats calls flop will call shove, think alot worse then k10 will call 
  • edited May 2012
                       same old,same old, lol. they call with any thing on ere.i all in kk in 200 gtd and a player called with k9 os and hit a st8t on flop.u have 2 laff.must be his turn to win cos his stats say he is pure poop.good old sky.it just never works 4 me lol.
  • edited May 2012
    1. As played bet/fold flop 
    2. possibly a flat pre, as played just throwing chips away 2 barrelling, once u get called on flop he's obv calling on turn too. 
  • edited May 2012
    So in a nutshell, I need to stop being a super aggro fishy donk.

Thanks guys :)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Doublestack Main + Mini exit hands:
    So in a nutshell, I need to stop being a super aggro fishy donk. Thanks guys :)
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Yes or at least realise ur not going to get as many bluffs through playing this way
  • edited May 2012
    As you said you was playing aggro you wont get much respect for your 3 bets and once he calls you on the flop he is never folding to a 5 on the turn imo.

Some good advertising though :)
  • edited May 2012
    Just need to pick your oppo's better, i.e ones that can fold/haven't watched the Mastercash show for quite a while )
  • edited May 2012
    Both are played pretty poorly imo. 

Just bet fold flop in hand 1.

Hand 2 is lol bad. You fold out all worse aces, you have to play a pot oop with people calling you with KQ etc. I'd just flat and re-eval flop
  • edited May 2012
    You give some good advice on here, and i can't believe your posting these hands up on here. Looks like your posting up so you can get others to think your super fishy.
  • edited May 2012
    I'm surprised both of the players called your large raise. That would have been enough for me Evil. What would their calling range be, i ask?
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012

and im taking advice off you........haha ;)