You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I Play This Wrong?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I think I played this right as I felt I had a good read on the villain. Maybe should have bet more after the flop or maybe not been involved in the hand at all. It was a £2 bounty hunter. Maybe I'm just sore after the beat.
Doubleblow Small blind  75.00 75.00 1435.00
FASTEDY Big blind  150.00 225.00 2535.00
 Your hole cards
  • K

Scratch36 Fold     
Kashy Fold     
Jimbob30 Fold     
latics111 Fold     
Doubleblow Raise  225.00 450.00 1210.00
FASTEDY Call  150.00 600.00 2385.00
Flop

Doubleblow Bet  300.00 900.00 910.00
FASTEDY Call  300.00 1200.00 2085.00
Turn

Doubleblow All-in  910.00 2110.00 0.00
FASTEDY Call  910.00 3020.00 1175.00
Doubleblow Show
  • K

FASTEDY Show

River

FASTEDY Win Pair of 7s 3020.00  4195.00

Comments

• edited May 2012
    what was your read on villain? lol
    I'd shove pre
    I don't really know what you expect anybody to say - you're just lucky I guess? 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Did I Play This Wrong?:
    what was your read on villain? lol I'd shove pre I don't really know what you expect anybody to say - you're just lucky I guess? 
    Posted by percival09
    He'd been playing quite loose and I didn't feel he'd caight anything of the flop and was at best flush chasing. If he had pocket pair or had hit a pair on the flop I'm pretty sure he would have raised.

He called my 1/2 pot raise on the flop and the turn card didn't help him so I thought sod this, it's going to cost him to see the last card and shoved all in. If I'd read it totally wrong - fair enough. I just don't understand why he called.

My question is with the read I had, should I have shoved after the flop or is a 1/2 pot size bet reasonable? 

This sort of thing seems to have happened quite a lot recently and I wondered if I'm not being aggressive enough?
  • edited May 2012
    Your reads don't make much sense, why can't he have hit flop?

Jam pre
  • edited May 2012
    Standard shove pre, any other way is just gonna give you tough decisions. 
  • edited May 2012
    OK, general consensus sems to be jam pre-flop if I play.

@grantorino - yes he could have hit flop but I thought unlikely. He'd nearly always raised when he hit anything on the flop. I'm only saying what I thought at the time  If I could always read it true I wouldn't be playing £3 buy ins ;)

Thanks for your opinions.
  • edited May 2012
    Seems like if oppo doesnt ridica-bink river you'd never be asking this question?

Would just be patting self on back.
  • edited May 2012
    If this is where you make a stand then shove pre.
    If not then pre R is fine but he has called so be wary. Him calling a 1/2 pot bet is a warning with two hearts out there and str draws even thoug i wouldn't have called your flop raise myself. Just one of those things but i don't feel the all-in was going to put this player off myself...cheers
    To be honest KTo is not a great hand to make a stand with . yes, try to steal his blind but back off if you get the hint.
  • edited May 2012
    Agree with prof man
    but fastedy just got lucky i wouldn't beat yourself up about that you should of slowed down ut looking at his had he wanted to call it a night and leave thought he was doing you a favour and he won.