You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM shove

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Thought after i made the move that regardless of villians responce this was a bad move? Thoughts please
Reasons for the play 1st over raise i have seen off this oppo thought he was blind stealing. But with stack sizes should i just fold this?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jams88 Small blind   50.00 50.00 2620.00
pac129 Big blind   100.00 150.00 1825.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

hector45 Fold        
JingleMa Fold        
JammyJan Raise   400.00 550.00 2625.00
jams88 All-in   2620.00 3170.00 0.00

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I play alot of DYM and to me its all about surviving so even though you have a good hand id probably fold?
  • edited May 2012
    What was the outcome?
  • edited May 2012
    I'd fold this w/26bbs.

That raise to me means he ain't folding and best you can see is AJ/AT/KQ poss KJ, all else means you're behind or racing and racing in DYM's is bad unless it's unavoidable.
  • edited May 2012
    Need all 5 stack sizes to be able to comment on this IMO.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM shove:
    Need all 5 stack sizes to be able to comment on this IMO.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    We were 1st and 2nd in chips with the other 2 stacks between 1500 and 2100

Turned out he had 9s and i missed just wondered if this is ever the correct play thought not as i made it think i had too long a session and it threw my game off abit
  • edited May 2012
    i would even consider folding them in a dym ya dont wanna be in races or up against a big pk pair or AK. Def not a shove after a 4x bb raise which generaly means a pk pair. Call would of been fine though.
  • edited May 2012
    Dont hate it.

Obv going to take the defensive lines in dym.  But what range of hands do we really put oppo on calling with?  Prob only A's & K's.

Stacks being what they are, oppo is going to have to have a really good reason to call, think sometimes we need to balance our dym nit lines with this in mind.  In his seat I fold all but those 2 hands.
  • edited May 2012
    fold if your in 2nd
    4x in this situation is probs 10's+ AK
    if oppo been constantly 4x co & btn then don't mind a shove but tbh a fold is still ok considering with oppo constanly battering the ss it doesn't affect you
  • edited May 2012
    fold if your in 2nd 4x in this situation is probs 10's+ AK
    Posted by rancid
    i agree its fold but i don't think its just 10's+ AK alot of people make this sort of move when they are just learning about position this is the right way to play it. Personally i put the villian on 22+ kx or ax fairly often in this position but either way i shouldnt have got involved really sigh silly me
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM shove : i agree its fold but i don't think its just 10's+ AK alot of people make this sort of move when they are just learning about position this is the right way to play it. Personally i put the villian on 22+ kx or ax fairly often in this position but either way i shouldnt have got involved really sigh silly me
    Posted by jams88
    w/o reads it's best to range it top end tbh

if you seen oppo showdown a weak 4x open then fine
    you gotta know oppo is bad enough to open 4 x w/66
  • edited May 2012
    Fold here, i feel. No need to flip. you've got enough behind to make up.