You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

pair of aces

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I need help,in recent days I`ve had 4 pairs of aces and lost each time.Am i just a jonah or does this happen often.on each occasion I`ve played the hand differently,from all in to just a small raise.this game is driving me nuts but afraid I`m hooked on it.
Alexmac194

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Post the hands
  • edited May 2012
    Aces are still only a pair, and so while the best starting hand, the final hand is the best five cards, and so they can get cracked even if likely to win 80% of the time or more. Hard to say if it was bad luck or if you could have not lost with them by better line. So as Clinton said, its best to post the hands if you want a real answer about it. :)
  • edited May 2012
    We've all had that scenario at one point or another. Maybe, it's the point when you get them that you can't help seeing your chip stack growing before you've won the hand. If you can't make the player get in the pot with a non-marginal hand ie by getting a reraise in, then you've got to be wary. Hard, i know but post them and people will show compassion, i'm sure...All the best...