You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

100NL HU - Flatting AK to 4 bet 100bb deep?

patwalshhSmall blind £0.50£0.50£98.50GliterBabeBig blind £1.00£1.50£100.00 Your hole cards

patwalshhRaise £2.50£4.00£96.00GliterBabeRaise £8.00£12.00£92.00patwalshhRaise £24.00£36.00£72.00GliterBabeCall £18.00£54.00£74.00Flop  7QK   GliterBabeCheck    patwalshhBet £27.00£81.00£45.00GliterBabeCall £27.00£108.00£47.00Turn  9   GliterBabeCheck    patwalshhAll-in £45.00£153.00£0.00GliterBabeCall £45.00£198.00£2.00patwalshhShowxx
   GliterBabeShowKA   River  J   patwalshhWin £197.00 £197.00
I have played few thousand hands of heads up and just wondering if I'm missing something here. 

Why would a seemily 'solid' reg flat a 4 bet oop 100bb deep with AK??
Is it ever correct to do so?
Under what instances is it correct to do so?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    not a big fan of your bet sizing pre & on flop.
    idk why he would it would help if we had an idea of how he thinks you play
  • edited May 2012

its funny that you have hidden you'r hand here and left glitterbabes name in, not sure what you are trying to achieve by doing that?  do you have like QQ? or a "telling" A10/Q10/kcjc/10j? still not sure why you are questioning glitterbabes play, but all those questions you have asked falls down on how he perceives you.

regardless of you hand ranges, if im calling turn regardless, im shoving this flop for many reasons. 

• edited May 2012
    yeah this post ain't right, your asking about oppo's play - not your own

don't think it's very ethical
  • edited May 2012
    I think it's fine. It reads to me as:

"This is something I've seen a regular, winning player do. Can you explain it to me and when I might be able to do something similar?"

We can only speculate why he called the 4-bet for 1/4 of his stack. It's the sort of thing I might do with AA or KK, if I perceive you to have a wide 4-betting range, knowing that if I 5-bet I might as well turn my hand over. If I call you could feel compelled to c-bet the flop and I'll gain value from allowing you to do so. I'm not sure I'd do this with AK but I suppose you have to balance your range or it'll be obvious that you're only ever doing it with AA or KK...

Still... it is a bit weird only 100BB deep... but it's a theory. You'd have to ask Gliterbabe what he had in mind.
  • edited May 2012
    I agree with Racid (for a change) ;)

If your going to post someones hand you have to show yours as well
  • edited May 2012
    Thats Rancid lol
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 100NL HU - Flatting AK to 4 bet 100bb deep?:
    Thats Rancid lol
    Posted by ClintonH83

Dont like your flop raise to 24, I think a raise to around 16-20 is much better no matter what you have.

The call on flop by opponent doesnt make much sense to me though. Now hes out of position and if an a or k doesnt come what does he do.
  • edited May 2012
    I think it's fine. It reads to me as: "This is something I've seen a regular, winning player do. Can you explain it to me and when I might be able to do something similar?" We can only speculate why he called the 4-bet for 1/4 of his stack. It's the sort of thing I might do with AA or KK, if I perceive you to have a wide 4-betting range, knowing that if I 5-bet I might as well turn my hand over. If I call you could feel compelled to c-bet the flop and I'll gain value from allowing you to do so. I'm not sure I'd do this with AK but I suppose you have to balance your range or it'll be obvious that you're only ever doing it with AA or KK... Still... it is a bit weird only 100BB deep... but it's a theory. You'd have to ask Gliterbabe what he had in mind.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Doubt the babe will tell anyone why he done this versus this oppo )
    probbaly watching the FA Cup final or mis click :S
  • edited May 2012
    Pretty poor OP hide ur hand get schooled and show GB hand.. Classy!

U have AQ? 
  • edited May 2012
    Pretty poor OP hide ur hand get schooled and show GB hand.. Classy! U have AQ? 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    how can he if he won the pot lol?

yeah this is a pretty strange line to take.  only reason why I can think he took that line is if you were being super super aggro and he was gonna just never ever fold regardless of the board and if he hit a pair or not.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 100NL HU - Flatting AK to 4 bet 100bb deep? : how can he if he won the pot lol? yeah this is a pretty strange line to take.  only reason why I can think he took that line is if you were being super super aggro and he was gonna just never ever fold regardless of the board and if he hit a pair or not.
    Posted by scotty77
    My bad didnt see he won the pot :( QQ is my guess

• edited May 2012
    Perhaps I should have removed his screen name, but it was to illustrate the hand was vs a reg. I really don't understand the hostility. This post was very much aimed to be this:

"This is something I've seen a regular, winning player do. Can you explain it to me and when I might be able to do something similar?" (Thank you Borin for the post)

The hand was the first of the match. No real history with him.
  • edited May 2012
    Perhaps I should have removed his screen name, but it was to illustrate the hand was vs a reg. I really don't understand the hostility. This post was very much aimed to be this: "This is something I've seen a regular, winning player do. Can you explain it to me and when I might be able to do something similar?" (Thank you Borin for the post) The hand was the first of the match. No real history with him.
    Posted by patwalshh
    ah first hand of the match changes things quite a bit....IMO u should just get this in first hand get some smackdown on with AK...like 5bet jam first hand of HU is pretty sexceeeeee
  • edited May 2012
    Perhaps I should have removed his screen name, but it was to illustrate the hand was vs a reg. I really don't understand the hostility. This post was very much aimed to be this: "This is something I've seen a regular, winning player do. Can you explain it to me and when I might be able to do something similar?" (Thank you Borin for the post) The hand was the first of the match. No real history with him.
    Posted by patwalshh
    I guess because they haven't asked to have their hand rated on how it was played or why it was played that way. Yes if you had blanked the name it would have been a none issue, as then the questionn maybe valid. SHort of asking the man himself can't say why he choose to do this, Also, have to wonder why you felt the need to blank out your own hand. Was it that bad you didn't want people to see what you did the preflop action with? Assume thats not the case, so not sure why hide it??
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 100NL HU - Flatting AK to 4 bet 100bb deep? : I guess because they haven't asked to have their hand rated on how it was played or why it was played that way. Yes if you had blanked the name it would have been a none issue, as then the questionn maybe valid. SHort of asking the man himself can't say why he choose to do this, Also, have to wonder why you felt the need to blank out your own hand. Was it that bad you didn't want people to see what you did the preflop action with? Assume thats not the case, so not sure why hide it??
    Posted by KAM99
    At what point did I ask to have my hand rated, asked if my betting size was right, or anything along those lines? Its a simple question of having AK within my 4 bet flatting range 100bbs deep.

I blanked out my hand for the sole reason, it really doesn't matter what I had. But I was ahead on the flop. The post was aimed to be a question on my opponents hand, eg AK. If the opponent wasn't who it was, people wouldn't dream of making an issue out who it was played against/blanking out their names. 

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 100NL HU - Flatting AK to 4 bet 100bb deep? : At what point did I ask to have my hand rated, asked if my betting size was right, or anything along those lines? Its a simple question of having AK within my 4 bet flatting range 100bbs deep. I blanked out my hand for the sole reason, it really doesn't matter what I had. But I was ahead on the flop. The post was aimed to be a question on my opponents hand, eg AK. If the opponent wasn't who it was, people wouldn't dream of making an issue out who it was played against/blanking out their names. 
    Posted by patwalshh
    You misread my post. I never said YOU asked to have your hand rated. I said you posted one asking others to rate what he did effectively. I don't give a rats behind  either way. Just saying i assume thats why they are feeling its not suitable to have the name on it.
  • edited May 2012

My main thing with this post is if your going to post someones hand and ask questions about it you should at least show your own hand! IMO

I dont mind names being posted, i mean you can see what regs do all the time on Sky TV, its just the hand not being shown i think is wrong

I dont understand why you woudnt show it really??? unless you had A10? lol