You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

70 left in mini event 1010 to button raise

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Just about my exit hand. Can't see myself playing it any different, though I was a bit concerned as so far this was the biggest raise he had made, with most being min raises up till this point, so I was concerned I was up against a real hand. Still, with blinds still think it was right option. Yes?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KAM99 Small blind  300.00 300.00 9445.00
scorpz Big blind  600.00 900.00 13345.00
 Your hole cards

jim01 Fold     
J-M-C Fold     
timeforbed Raise  2400.00 3300.00 6915.00
KAM99 All-in  9445.00 12745.00 0.00
scorpz Fold     
timeforbed All-in  6915.00 19660.00 0.00
KAM99 Unmatched bet  430.00 19230.00 430.00
KAM99 Show

timeforbed Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

timeforbed Win Pair of Jacks 19230.00  19230.00
Funny think about it was that it left me with 430 chips, and i VERY nearly managed a comeback from it. Manged to get that stack back up to nearly 6k and then went out with this one.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
moods Small blind  300.00 300.00 27876.47
plater Big blind  600.00 900.00 4087.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

KAM99 All-in  5240.00 6140.00 0.00
biggs1050 Fold     
HitOnRiver Call  5240.00 11380.00 4935.00
gartcosh1 Fold     
moods Fold     
plater Fold     
KAM99 Show
  • K
  • J

HitOnRiver Show

Flop

Turn

River

• A

HitOnRiver Win Three 7s 11380.00  16315.00

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Hand 1 is strange, I want to fold because he's done something weird that's either super strong or super weak, but I couldn't fold TT to a button raise and calling is horrible, so yeah, ship it.

Hand 2 I probably fold. Folding KJ with 9bb is probably a bit tight, but I think I'd rather shove ATC in an unopened pot from later position next orbit than KJ UTG. I don't think shoving is bad though.
  • edited May 2012

Im tighter than a camels a rse in a sandstorm so id fold 10's

• edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 70 left in mini event 1010 to button raise:
    Hand 1 is strange, I want to fold because he's done something weird that's either super strong or super weak, but I couldn't fold TT to a button raise and calling is horrible, so yeah, ship it. Hand 2 I probably fold. Folding KJ with 9bb is probably a bit tight, but I think I'd rather shove ATC in an unopened pot from later position next orbit than KJ UTG. I don't think shoving is bad though.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Yeah my thoughts on the 1010 before I shipped it was that it was weird after seeing him mostly raise min since I'd been on same table, and so I figured either he had a pretty decent hand, or he had something moderate like pocket 66's or 77's and just wanted to take down the blinds. And like you said calling just sucks OOP with no flop i'm likely to super love and even all low it goes in there for same result as preflop shove.

KJ, yeah I did think to fold, but after making a comeback from the 400 odd chips I'd decided to just go big or go bust, and the bubble was approaching and table was starting to tighten a bit. So I thought good chance an UTG shove gets through unless someone has a pretty big hand. Was happy enough when 77 called me.. sad with the flop. lol
  • edited May 2012
    hand 1 v that particualar opponent and how its played i sigh fold.

hand 2 standard
  • edited May 2012
    1. Depends on reads and if that's been his standard raise size, if it's a one off you might be able to fold, although I doubt I could do so at the time. I do see many players do this MASSIVE raise late on in a bizarre attempt to steal blinds and even do it with very small pairs not wanting to see a flop and possibly play poker.

2. Super standard, folding KJs with 9bbs at a 6-handed table would be way too tight, plus you get it in racing just run better. 
  • edited May 2012

I sigh ship hand no. 1 against that player. I think folding is too tight. He will have 77, 88, 99. AJ AQ AK sometimes too imo. Dont forget he has 11 bigs, and although he is not folding, 1010 is still strong against a button raise... I dont care if he has been minraising before.

hand 2 is an easy ship

You gotta win flips and situations like this to run deep and win the mtt. Ask Scotty77, he is the expert :)

• edited May 2012
    Both look totally stand and think you give yourself every chance to win.

Well played. 

Hand 1 just a cold deck.  Have to remember we only have 15bbs & 10s vs button 4x.

Hand 2.  Auto ship, outcome w/e.

• edited May 2012
    how people are sigh shoving/folding hand 1 is beyond me
  • edited May 2012
    1. shove, sigh

2. fold
  • edited May 2012
    4x button raises are sigh. Call me a nit, but from any other position I'm folding with these stack sizes.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 70 left in mini event 1010 to button raise:
    4x button raises are sigh. Call me a nit, but from any other position I'm folding with these stack sizes.
    Posted by patwalshh
    Nah, don't think its nitty at all. If it had come from another postion on table I likely would have felt less happy to shove a 4x raise. I just felt he either had something more in the 66-99 range and was trying to take the blinds with no contest, as if he had a big hand I'd have thought a smaller raise looking for the action would work better. Short of asking the guy, I actually think the read was right, just he had JJ instead of 77, and lots don't like the hand overly.

Its times like this I do wish sky had a time bank. Not sure why they don't, as I don't find them an issue on sites that do have them. I know online is all about more hands/speed blah blah, but don't see a reason can't give a little extra for those times its a marginal situation.
  • edited May 2012
    1 shove, don't sigh
    2 nh