You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 - AA

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
What do I do here :S
I have ace of clubs facing c/r WHAT!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BigHawk89 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £8.24
1267 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.96
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

rancid Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £37.13
waller03 Fold        
jim310831 Fold        
BigHawk89 Fold        
1267 Call   £0.60 £1.70 £19.36
Flop

1267 Check        
rancid Bet   £1.40 £3.10 £35.73
1267 Raise   £3.50 £6.60 £15.86
rancid

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Nut blocker ftw.

710/10J/set/FDnopr 10/JJ/QQ.

We arent going to have any more useable info @ turn than we do on flop.  Effective stack = 100bbs<.

He has us beat, is overvaluing hand, or popping a peceived c-bet.  I prob make it £8.5ish to GII.  Let him ship a FD or weaker OP.  If he mucks he likely was on turn anywho (or shutting down).  We are losing a BI vs a set either way
  • edited May 2012
    On that board he can have so many draws so got to be 3bet/C, bout £9 should do or maybe less if you think he feels a shove has FE.

If he has set that's just unlucky but this deep you got to get it in unless you have excellent reads he NEVER raises with semi-bluffs.
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL20 - AA:
    just fold
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    ez fold or just sigh ok w/e fold

isn't there a reasonable range oppo does this with that I beat
  • edited May 2012
    i had 88 right ?
  • edited May 2012
    if villain is good there could be quite a range that he does this with
    could be just a pure bluff on a wet board - up and down straight draw - flush draw - if he's weak TPTK - if he's weak an overpair (1010 JJ)
    I think you'd be folding the best hand sometimes - ugh I hate these spots vs regs at the limit I play, I'd probz just shove with the reassurance of Ac but tbh it might depend on how I feel lolol
  • edited May 2012
    For those saying £8-£9, with effective stack sizes, I think we're never folding and it telegraphs that to our opponent IMO. We're then relying on him having such a big hand (or draw) that he can't fold.

Wouldn't it be better to either:
    1) Shove, make it look like we have the draw ourselves and we're trying to use as much fold equity as possible. If our opponent puts us on a draw, he's more likely call it off with a weaker made hand like A9, TT, etc.

2) Click it back?
  • edited May 2012
    This level weak as it sounds I'd likely think about folding unless I've seen some form of evidence they are willing to C/R with draws or to catch out Cbets they think have missed. So rare a C/R at this level is with a weak holding, and think at best you are against a draw and  more likely two pair or a set.

Readless this is one of those I hate, as it can be a weak as hell fold with such a draw heavy board. These are the ones I tend to make during first 30 hands at a table and get stacked by 3betting or shoving. So i guess its up to the individual, do you want to fold and study more on himt o see what he does these plays with, or shove and find out that way.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL20 - AA:
    For those saying £8-£9, with effective stack sizes, I think we're never folding and it telegraphs that to our opponent IMO. We're then relying on him having such a big hand (or draw) that he can't fold. Wouldn't it be better to either: 1) Shove, make it look like we have the draw ourselves and we're trying to use as much fold equity as possible. If our opponent puts us on a draw, he's more likely call it off with a weaker made hand like A9, TT, etc. 2) Click it back?
    Posted by EvilPingu
    3bet click back:  We basically say what we have (or better).

Dont mind shoving for reasons you state.  But 3bet size is achieves effectively the same, but allows oppo to think can get last bet in.  Obv ppl are more comfortable shipping draw or equity hand than calling it off.  But if we basically 3bet believing oppo has hand to call, shoving/3bet most likely achieves same.
  • edited May 2012
    all ins ville u could easily be up against a flush draw or up n down draw 
  • edited May 2012
    What does he call utg opens with from sb.

Depends a lot on reads, I 3b/c readless.