You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10s on an 8 high board 3 diamonds facing a shove on the turn

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi, new to posting here goes

Losing player at micro stakes

villan was limpy and weak in my opinion, loose passive, my style is tagish

villian was holding k9off in big bli had around £4 i was playin £3 holding 1010 in mid pos neither off us had a diamond

i made a standard 3x raise to 12p he flatted, flop came 842 diamonds
villan checked flop i c bet to around 3/4 pot villan called
turn was a blank off suit 3 and villan shoves i call and he hits his king on river

I had a little bit off history with villan and had been winning a few pots from him, if im honest i made the call because it just felt like complete air and he was frustrated with me possibly, if villan had off checked the turn i was planning on shoving, mainly for protection!

if this same scenerio came up again i would play it the same! how far off is my thought process?

any critisism advice welcomed

Comments

• edited May 2012
    You played it fine as far as I can see and he just got real lucky hitting a 3-outer.

Also welcome to the forum :)

One piece of advice would be to check the thread at top of page on posting hands as it'll make it easier for people to give their tips ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Also, on top of what dudeskin said I'd recomend when you post the hand cut it off at the point where you faced your biggest choice, or the reason for questioning how you played the hand. Often you find posting a full hand and the result will massively effect the advice you get back. Even if people claim they can be objective its difficult not to let the fact you know the result colour the advice you give on a hand. So fill in as much detail on villian as you can and then post the hand up to the point you want to ask about. :)

Oh and welcome. :)