You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tricky spot at NL4

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Readless.  I'm not worried about the shover, if the other guy folds I'm jamming over the top.  The fact the guy just flats sends alarm bells ringing for me.  It could be any pair under QQ (prob) or a 7.  But the flat just looks super strong and I have no idea where I am.  Just fold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tonytubs65 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £8.27
YYY Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.08
  Your hole cards

necrochimp Fold        
TOD19 Fold        
XXX Call   £0.04 £0.10 £7.46
Wilhelm Raise   £0.24 £0.34 £3.76
chipchick Fold        
tonytubs65 Call   £0.22 £0.56 £8.05
YYY Call   £0.20 £0.76 £1.88
XXX Call   £0.20 £0.96 £7.26
Flop

tonytubs65 Check        
YYY All-in   £1.88 £2.84 £0.00
XXX Call   £1.88 £4.72 £5.38
Wilhelm ???        

Comments

• edited May 2012
    he either has 2's, 7's, or a pair you beat lol - YOU DECIDE
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot at NL4:
    he either has 2's, 7's, or a pair you beat lol - YOU DECIDE
    Posted by percival09
    I have him on a slightly looser range, but take your point.
  • edited May 2012
    lol I was joking when I said you decide, I didn't mean for it to be aggressive or anything lolol

I'd probz call even though it's a fold
  • edited May 2012
    lol I was joking when I said you decide, I didn't mean for it to be aggressive or anything lolol I'd probz call even though it's a fold
    Posted by percival09
    No harm, I took it as more a of an XFactor phone in thing.
  • edited May 2012
    Fact board has zero draws means they HAVE to have some sort of made hand a pair/trips/FH.

At NL4 could easily be A2 and 55 so kinda depends on your reads of how bad they can get it in, but also need to rememeber that they can call with anything pre so A7/K7/Q7/76/78 etc easily in there. I'd probz sigh fold myself then find out I was ahead lol
  • edited May 2012
    Fact board has zero draws means they HAVE to have some sort of made hand a pair/trips/FH. At NL4 could easily be A2 and 55 so kinda depends on your reads of how bad they can get it in, but also need to rememeber that they can call with anything pre so A7/K7/Q7/76/78 etc easily in there. I'd probz sigh fold myself then find out I was ahead lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    Call quick
    Posted by grantorino
    v 2 of them, surley we only beat 88/99
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah total opposite to grandtorino. This has to be a fold. Against one of them maybe you are ahead, but a shove and a call I'd not be loving my 1010, as with the rubbish people call with at low limits its very likely one of them has a 7. Odds of all 3 of you holding a PP is fairly low, and while its possible of course I'd expect at least one of them to show up here with hand that beats you. Fold and get the less expensive info on them for your notes.

If i had to guess, shove was someone with small pp or A2 and the call was with a 7... but thats just a guess.
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah total opposite to grandtorino. This has to be a fold. Against one of them maybe you are ahead, but a shove and a call I'd not be loving my 1010, as with the rubbish people call with at low limits its very likely one of them has a 7. Odds of all 3 of you holding a PP is fairly low, and while its possible of course I'd expect at least one of them to show up here with hand that beats you. Fold and get the less expensive info on them for your notes. If i had to guess, shove was someone with small pp or A2 and the call was with a 7... but thats just a guess.
    Posted by KAM99
    Shove 33
    Call A7
  • edited May 2012
    I hope you folded ;)